Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Build fast , Help

<<

caccamoo

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 03 May 2013, 14:58

Build fast , Help

How can I build more fast and have a lot foods . woods in 60mins?? help me, i wanna make difference in team ^^
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 May 2013, 15:12

Re: Build fast , Help

How can I build more fast and have a lot foods . woods in 60mins?? help me, i wanna make difference in team ^^
There are Youtube tutorials which might help you, for example these ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hwmAIsf8Cs (basics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Ltu2bxycg (more advanced)

There are also replays posted on the forum which you can watch to see how other people play (make sure you get a replay for the current KaM Remake release, or you will need to install an old version)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 May 2013, 07:57

There are Youtube tutorials which might help you, for example these ones
if you can survive the music...

But seriously now...

Make sure that you are training lots of laborers. Players that train less than 20 aren't going to accomplish anything on most maps. Make sure you are building at least 3 (4 is better) quarries at the start. Wood is very important so make sure that you aim for at least 8 woodcutters total (don't make them all at the start though!! Build them up as you go). Gold is also important so get it as soon as possible.

Things to keep in mind:
1) Make sure that you block wares to your storehouse. Seldom should you ever have anything unblocked apart from gold and food.
2) Making vineyards before the end of peacetime is not a good idea. It's a waste of timber and wine is not valuable. After peacetime is okay if you have loads of timber and need a little extra food.
3) Don't build more than one storehouse. Ever. Just don't.
4) For the most part, double roads are just a waste of time, stone, and space. Instead, cram as many buildings into one area and make lots of "connecting roads" between the buildings so your serfs can chose from multiple routes.
5) Weapons are your number one priority. Focusing too much on food will just get your town slaughtered by marauders instead of starvation. Since extra food in the storehouse isn't really doing anything, it is idea to produce just enough food to keep your city alive, and a little more if your city is growing.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Jun 2013, 10:44

why if i build only one storehouse they all get stuck in front of it and my villages dont work anymore.
if i build multiple they dont need to walk to the center of my town
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 29 Jun 2013, 10:49

why if i build only one storehouse they all get stuck in front of it and my villages dont work anymore.
if i build multiple they dont need to walk to the center of my town
Ben is talking about multiplayer where time and efficiency are very important. In multiplayer you want your storehouse to be used very little, so most players block delivery of most wares to the storehouse (e.g. all corn should be going directly to the mills/swinefarms/stables, if it's going via the storehouse that's a waste of time). If you have excess of a ware like corn, you should build more houses to use that ware rather than letting it pile up in your storehouse. After 40 minutes or so in a multiplayer game the only wares I allow into my storehouse are: gold, food, timber (sometimes I even block timber). When you play like this there is no need for multiple storehouses.

In singleplayer, or special game modes like Fun with Flags, two or more storehouses can be useful.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 29 Jun 2013, 11:23

ahh...
thx now i understand :)
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Jun 2013, 11:53

special game modes like Fun with Flags, two or more storehouses can be useful.
Actually i thought the same, but since most economic flags use wares produced and not wares stored (i thought some of them worked that way) you still do not need a storehouse imo :P
But basically lewin is right, often you can just destroy the storehouse whenever it is empty and your town will still run as smooth as ever.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Jun 2013, 13:53

Often, I will still have food shipped to my storehouse for a "safe" feeling, but it's probably not doing much good for me. Gold, however, I always store because if I don't, I always have recruit problems.
<<

Omigoshe

Rogue

Post 30 Jun 2013, 11:38

That's very interesting, I haven't seen anyone doing that yet in a MP game (destroying storehouse)
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 30 Jun 2013, 12:25

He meant that destroying it wouldn't cause any troubles after all, because it is just usual that your storehouse is simply empty.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Vladimir

Woodcutter

Post 04 Jul 2013, 12:34

Thank you guys, these tips were helpful. Btw do you build market at the beginning? I still can't decide whether it's useful. I mean I can improve the efficiency, by using it from time to time, but on the other hand it requires valuable land around the storehouse.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 04 Jul 2013, 12:40

In old days, when the market had really abusable trades, many of us did, but these days it is rare. The thing we mostly use it for is the trade for horses (4 wooden weapons for 1 horse), mainly 4-5 minutes before pt's end or after that., or barricading the frontline.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jul 2013, 15:32

I actually saw the marketplace used for corn not too long ago. 1 sausage -> 1 corn is not such a bad deal (in the end, it is 4 sausage for 1 pig and 1 skin). However, since corn is so much easier to get nowadays, this strategy is probably harder to use than the traditional way of getting corn.
<<

Vladimir

Woodcutter

Post 10 Jul 2013, 09:38

Thank you for the explanation. I will try using it to train knigts/scouts faster. :wink:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Jul 2013, 13:57

Thank you for the explanation. I will try using it to train knigts/scouts faster. :wink:
No, don't use the marketplace in the early game to produce horses (or anything from your wood). An early stable is much, much more effective.

Return to “Strategy Central”