New tactics in KaM???

<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 16 Jan 2015, 18:40

New tactics in KaM???

Hello KaM community!,

I talked with some payers about which tactics being used on multiplayer games.

And I think (so do the others I talked with) that 90% of the players (mostly TS people) are only using the tactic Swords+ Bowman with a couple of knights.

Now I am a bid bored using the same strategy every game again...
So I thought why not starting a topic where players can show a replay them using other tactics in KaM (online).

I will put a screenshot and a replay from a game I just played differently then usual ;)

So I hope some people would like to try other tactics out aswell and will show it us by posting a replay/screenshot on this topic :)

Killer!!
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Jan 2015, 18:43

Re: New tactics in KaM???

So, here I tried to go iron only... I tried it for the first time, so idk if it is good what I performed... :P
There are surely improvements to make on this game I played using this tactic.

So here is a screenshot of my pt army and the replay will be added at this comment aswell ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Jan 2015, 18:49

I don't play multiplayer, but (due to testing them in singleplayer) think that Bowmen+Pikemen is worth a try, and still strong even after the shield patch.

Also, this looks pertinent with this topic's subject too. :P
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Jan 2015, 20:15

My favorite strategy is horses and militia. Or militia and swordfighters. Any kind of no leather militia spam is right up my alley!

I'd upload replays, but they are all from older releases :l
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 16 Jan 2015, 20:46

My favorite strategy is lancers and xbows. Good old times.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Jan 2015, 20:54

@Ben As a troll tactic or does It really work?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Jan 2015, 22:53

I like anything that involves militia. But unfortunately, the increased bowmen fire rate made it almost impossible to use them for a real battle.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Jan 2015, 04:37

@Ben As a troll tactic or does It really work?
I've won many games with it. If you catch your opponent in the open it can be very deadly with ally ranged support. It's also interesting because you will continue to produce large armies in late game. I think it is good to delete your stables early in post PT since sword production will die down. Transitioning to leather will help your base a lot and since you will have been making bread your economy should be quite stable (no pun intended).

However, this tactic will never be as good as sword+bows. It's all just about making the game fun :)
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 17 Jan 2015, 23:52

Hey all,

I just tested my map, which I just finished, :)

Its was a very funny game because we (south team) tried new tactics out :D

TDL went for weird miltia/leather combo with late iron
Tiank went xbows and scouts!!! CRAZY
I went iron only :P

Here is the replay and screenshots of pt army :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 18 Jan 2015, 08:54

Taking under consideration our weird builds, we we are able to hold on for pretty long :). It was an interesting game, I had fun :).

Scout+Xbows should be effective especially in late game, if there's at least another Stable and stable leather production. Xbows are really strong and Scouts are more effective than Axe Fighters, so this combo should be able to make some damage to standard Swords+Bows combo :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 18 Jan 2015, 09:43

Meh, the only 'goal' I reached was 40 leather, I had by no means enough wooden weapons. :(
<<

LadyPauline

Queen of the Iron Age

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Jan 2015, 10:49

Well it was nice game and i was really suprised with the builds used with. Thanks again for that game.
In fact people used to play with swords and bows just because it's the most playable. I like to use axeman or militia too, some others prefer lances becouse horses are so strong. The most important for the players is the choice depends of the time of peace. Becouse it decide what can we do to defeat others. In long time horde is not better than skilled soldiers like swordmans. But in short time better is rush with horde than train few elite units which can't win the battle. For me the priority is always choose what i want in final even before start the play itself. It helps a lot.
So the builds depends of peace time OR depends of the map too. For example map requires iron only. Or one location have iron only and second leather only. There is the choose really.
Tiank sent the save from our last game on iron only map and this example shows how different can be our vision but gameplay balanced!
It's here : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=832&start=555

I think the idea of bonus maps is not well understood by the players, from what i saw they can not properly use the profits which bonuses offer to them. But still it's the way to different playstyles.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jan 2015, 16:00

The most important for the players is the choice depends of the time of peace. Becouse it decide what can we do to defeat others. In long time horde is not better than skilled soldiers like swordmans. But in short time better is rush with horde than train few elite units which can't win the battle..
I think this isn't completely accurate. At 60PT, leather is just as important as iron. Because of the food and sustainability of leather units, I wouldn't consider them to be of lower quality than iron units. However, I would consider an axefighter higher quality than a lance carrier though, or a knight better than a swordfighter.
At 30 PT, quality is still comparable to "horde." Militia spam doesn't compete with a few pikemen except for in the open (and even then militia can just shatter).
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Jan 2015, 20:59

Hi all,

Today i tested another tactic with Vatrix :)

This one is already known by the most, but I think it's a really powerfull tactic and not used enough :D

As you can see at the screenshots I tried to make the most knights i could with some extra militia.
You'll problably think it's not much, but then again it's the first time I tried this out and don't know the best method to do it :)

Killer!!

ps: I upload the replay aswell ;)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Jan 2015, 21:39

This kind of tactic is very deadly if you scout your opponent's base before pt is over. Knowing which base is least protected by towers can help you aim where to rush!

I do not like killing all your builders though. I think there isn't enough gain from it. i'd prefer to have less builders and army with the promise of a post pt potential.

Return to “Strategy Central”