Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Tsk mission 8 help

<<

attitude

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Jul 2014, 21:07

Re: Tsk mission 8 help

Sorry for bumping this thread (again). But I still have problems with this mission.

Have there been changes in the remake versions?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 28 Jul 2014, 03:24

Sorry for bumping this thread (again). But I still have problems with this mission.

Welcome to the forums :)

What problem are you having with the mission? Yes things have been changed in the Remake version, for a start we added extra troops for the human player because it was too hard to win otherwise (in the original game archers are more powerful than in the Remake, and the AI behaves a bit differently).
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 05:54

Welcome to the forums :)

What problem are you having with the mission? Yes things have been changed in the Remake version, for a start we added extra troops for the human player because it was too hard to win otherwise (in the original game archers are more powerful than in the Remake, and the AI behaves a bit differently).
Thank you very much.

Well I can't seem to win it. I have I think around 30 axe fighters and 20 archers? I can (almost) hold of the first wave, but then the next one (the long line) is coming and crushes me. Built up to 7 towers but that wasn't enough.

How can I see which (remake) version I have?
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Jul 2014, 07:57

I did that misson 2 days ago.
First of all, the axe fighters from the enemies retreat after your troops have died. So focus on killing as many barbarians as possible.
Secondly I had 9 towers. Fully loaded, and build in a square in front of my storehouse wich they focus.
Thirdly, if you explore a bit you know that the 2nd barbarian troop comes from the top left. If you place a single archer in such a way that it leaves the first troops alone. Then you can kite the 2nd wave till your towers are restocked.

I also have a save game just past winning that horrible part of the mission if you can't seem to win it
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 08:06

First of all, the axe fighters from the enemies retreat after your troops have died. So focus on killing as many barbarians as possible.
Secondly I had 9 towers. Fully loaded, and build in a square in front of my storehouse wich they focus.
Thirdly, if you explore a bit you know that the 2nd barbarian troop comes from the top left. If you place a single archer in such a way that it leaves the first troops alone. Then you can kite the 2nd wave till your towers are restocked.

I also have a save game just past winning that horrible part of the mission if you can't seem to win it
Did you build a school or not? Because I focus on that first and thén the towers. Coulnd't manage to build them up all before the first wave arrived so my serves were beeing blocked aswell > no refill. (I placed the towers in the 'gap').
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 08:15

It's displayed at the top of the main menu. The latest public version is r5503.

It sounds like this mission is a bit too hard at the moment, you should be able to kill all of the enemies that attack you at the start after a few attempts.
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 08:17

It's displayed at the top of the main menu. The latest public version is r5503.

It sounds like this mission is a bit too hard at the moment, you should be able to kill all of the enemies that attack you at the start after a few attempts.
If install the remake, how do I start it? Cause I have a feeling that I play the original, not the remake (think there is something as V1.6 or something like that in the top0
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 08:29

If install the remake, how do I start it? Cause I have a feeling that I play the original, not the remake (think there is something as V1.6 or something like that in the top0
If you made a desktop shortcut or start menu shortcut when you installed the Remake (those are checkbox options in the installer) then you can use those to launch it (the shortcut will be called "KaM Remake" with a mostly white icon).

Otherwise, browse to the folder where you installed the Remake (e.g. C:\KaM Remake\) and run KaM_Remake.exe
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 28 Jul 2014, 08:34

Did you build a school or not? Because I focus on that first and thén the towers. Coulnd't manage to build them up all before the first wave arrived so my serves were beeing blocked aswell > no refill. (I placed the towers in the 'gap').
Yes first a school, you need to train more peasants and workers to build faster.
Then I build the roads, somehow building the roads first and then adding the towers works faster then building tower for tower.

I'll add screens shots tonight or tomorrow
Don't forget to leave enough stone for a road and a stone mason. And enough wood for a forester and woodworker. Made that mistake once :p
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 08:42

If you made a desktop shortcut or start menu shortcut when you installed the Remake (those are checkbox options in the installer) then you can use those to launch it (the shortcut will be called "KaM Remake" with a mostly white icon).

Otherwise, browse to the folder where you installed the Remake (e.g. C:\KaM Remake\) and run KaM_Remake.exe
Thanks I will check that tonight when I am home.
Yes first a school, you need to train more peasants and workers to build faster.
Then I build the roads, somehow building the roads first and then adding the towers works faster then building tower for tower.

Don't forget to leave enough stone for a road and a stone mason. And enough wood for a forester and woodworker. Made that mistake once :p
I will try to build the roads first. But maybe just playing the actual remake will fix it. (Had some trouble with others missions as well, which according to this forum shouldn't be that hard. This is probably the reason)
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 28 Jul 2014, 10:32

Thanks I will check that tonight when I am home.

I will try to build the roads first. But maybe just playing the actual remake will fix it. (Had some trouble with others missions as well, which according to this forum shouldn't be that hard. This is probably the reason)
Actually, this mission might be harder in the remake because the archers are nerfed because of multilayer balancing (i read in a post)
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 10:53

Actually, this mission might be harder in the remake because the archers are nerfed because of multilayer balancing (i read in a post)
But you get more of them. (That's what I've read)

Anyway, I'll try it tonight.
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 28 Jul 2014, 16:45

Checked the site, but only patches there right? Anyway, found the Remake, installing and checking it asap.
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 30 Jul 2014, 13:11

The remake is pretty darn hard and requires at least the mentioned things to clear the first attack
<<

attitude

Farmer

Post 30 Jul 2014, 13:25

The remake is pretty darn hard and requires at least the mentioned things to clear the first attack
Harder then the normal?

Return to “Strategy Central”