Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

TPR Mission 4 help request

<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 27 Jan 2012, 08:37

TPR Mission 4 help request

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me with a normal mission: It's TPR mission 4 (or 104, depending on how you look at it). Nothing I can come up with seems to lead me to victory. Does anyone have any winning strategies? What will my build setup be? How many serfs/laborers should I train in the beginning? If you cannot remember what mission it is, it's the one where there are enemy camps all around the right side & top of the map (Yellow on top, greenish on the right). You have 1 ally that you are supposed to protect that is to the right of you over some hills & over a bridge. Plus there is a separate storage house that has a few weapons in it. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!! :-) THANKS!!
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 27 Jan 2012, 11:56

Re: TPR Mission 4 help request

i never really played TPR campaign, only tsk... im playing it now, i will tell you the results when i finish.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 27 Jan 2012, 13:14

Its easy... just won the mission now... not really, because i destroyed a restaurant, and i wasn't supposed to, but i had destroyed 3 enemy bases already and was going to the next.
What you should do: I started by massing laborers and serfs by making two schoolhouses, as you begin with 300 gold. I had 27 laborers the whole game, and i practically didn't stop building.
Here's what i did: 3 quarries, 3 woodcutters+1sawmill. Then i built a road to the storehouse with weapons and built a barracks nearby. I then made 5 farms, 3 swine farms, 2 butchers and 2 tanners, and set up corn in swine farm to max. I made also fishermen to help hold my food. I then built 1 weapons workshop and 2 armory workshop.
By 1hr30min i had:
8 woodcutters+5sawmills;
3 weapons workshops;
3 armory workshops;
3 swinefarms+2tanners+2butchers;
12 farms;
3 mills+3bakeries;
1 stables;
Many, Many troops.
Then, i made 4 vineyards, 1 goldmine+2coalmine+1metallurgists, and another metallurgist next to the storehouse with weapons (it has coal and gold ore). Ah, and i made another 2 schoolhouses :P One next to each metallurgist.
I'll send you the replay if you wish to view (if you have the remake). Put the 3 extracted files in "saves" in the kam remake folder. Careful not to overwrite your old one if its important.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 27 Jan 2012, 21:18

Thanks! That sounds brilliant! And yeah...I learned after1 or 2 play throughs to not destroy that inn! LOL I usually destroy that little base in the beginning with my beginning troops. I will leave the Inn alone & the vineyard alone. If I attack the vineyard, I get shot at! :-P

Thanks again Caykroid, I'll go ahead & save the replay & check it out (BTW - I do have the remake:-) ). I guess building over to the 2nd store house makes a big difference, huh? I'll follow up & let ya know how I do when I play again. It will be either today or tomorrow.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 28 Jan 2012, 15:42

I'll follow up & let ya know how I do when I play again. It will be either today or tomorrow.
Sure!
<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 28 Jan 2012, 22:42

So, I tried following what you were doing, but everyone kept dying on me, including my starting troops. I didn't care for that. Did that happen to you? I kept losing track of your start units in the replay. How much bread, wine, sausage & fish do you start out with? I'm using the original game (plus the update so I can have fish) to play with, not the remake version. I use the remake mostly for online & to create maps! :-) In that version I start with 70 bread, 50 wine, 20 sausage & 20 fish. Maybe I'm over thinking things & too worried about my initial troops. I ended up altering things, but yet similar. However, by 1.5 hours I'm no where near where you were in regards to troops.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 28 Jan 2012, 23:12

So, I tried following what you were doing, but everyone kept dying on me, including my starting troops. I didn't care for that. Did that happen to you? I kept losing track of your start units in the replay. How much bread, wine, sausage & fish do you start out with? I'm using the original game (plus the update so I can have fish) to play with, not the remake version. I use the remake mostly for online & to create maps! :-) In that version I start with 70 bread, 50 wine, 20 sausage & 20 fish. Maybe I'm over thinking things & too worried about my initial troops. I ended up altering things, but yet similar. However, by 1.5 hours I'm no where near where you were in regards to troops.
You sure? What food i started in the remake was about that, i remember. Did you see my replay?? What you could do is not make the road to the barracks early in the game, and make it later on, so that you have more time. They didn't seem to attack when i played, they prob start attackin later, so you wont need those weapons for quite a long time.
So go for the farms (make 4 instead of five at first), then the 3 swine farms, butchers and one/2fishermen, then tannery. If you saw my replay you must have seen what was done different. Did you take too long to build any food things? You can also make a mill+bakery if you notice you wont manage with your food (or a vineyard, but i prefer to use the wood for weapons). Is it possible to view normal kam replays in the remake?? if it is, i would gladly have a look.
<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 30 Jan 2012, 12:54

I may have been focusing too much on food at the beginning. Anyway, So, I've retried it once again getting bread, sausage & wine going early. Then I focused on using your tactic. After 1 hour 44 min. here are my results:

3 Quarries
4 Wood cutters
2 Sawmills
2 School houses
7 Farms
3 Mills
3 Bakeries
2 Stables
2 Vineyards
1 Fisherman
4 Swine farms
3 Butchers
2 Tanneries
3 Weapon shops
2 Armor shops
1 Barracks
1 Inn

Food is scarce, but my troops are still overall well fed. I also have 16 archers, 6 scouts, 10 lancers and 10 axe fighters. Not quite as many troops as you in as short amount of time, but hopefully it will mean the difference between victory & defeat.

Also, I will see if there is a way for me to upload some sort of replay so you can see what I did, if you still want to know.

BTW - who did you attack 1st? I've only watched up to 1 hour 45 min to two hours. Maybe I'll just watch the res & see for myself. Anyway, thanks for all the help so far! I guess my micro-managing skills need improvement! LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 30 Jan 2012, 17:28

I may have been focusing too much on food at the beginning. Anyway, So, I've retried it once again getting bread, sausage & wine going early. Then I focused on using your tactic. After 1 hour 44 min. here are my results:

3 Quarries
4 Wood cutters
2 Sawmills
2 School houses
7 Farms
3 Mills
3 Bakeries
2 Stables
2 Vineyards
1 Fisherman
4 Swine farms
3 Butchers
2 Tanneries
3 Weapon shops
2 Armor shops
1 Barracks
1 Inn

Food is scarce, but my troops are still overall well fed. I also have 16 archers, 6 scouts, 10 lancers and 10 axe fighters. Not quite as many troops as you in as short amount of time, but hopefully it will mean the difference between victory & defeat.

Also, I will see if there is a way for me to upload some sort of replay so you can see what I did, if you still want to know.

BTW - who did you attack 1st? I've only watched up to 1 hour 45 min to two hours. Maybe I'll just watch the res & see for myself. Anyway, thanks for all the help so far! I guess my micro-managing skills need improvement! LOL
I attacked the bottom-right ones first (with half my troops at 1:40), and moved towards the top.
I guess i forgot to tell you something. At about 1hr i think when i had just finished building the bakeries, i was low on food, so i reduced the corn for the 3 swine farms to 2 and let most of it go to the 3 bakeries, as at the time i only had 7 corn producing farms.
Maybe you shouldn't make the stables... i mean, its more of a luxury building, so instead of stables you might build your bakery early on, but i strongly recommend you make many farms early and at least 1 swine farm. I made vineyards last, i don't think its very useful in the beginning,for early food production you should have a few fishermen.
However i noticed my replay is freezing at about 1:45 min, i dont know why
<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 31 Jan 2012, 06:05

Good to know! I'll make that adjustment with the corn.
That's the area I always attack 1st, too. Also good to know. thanks!
I've only played through 1:45 & haven't finished the level yet. So, if you are referring to the replay I attached that is freezing @ 1:45, that is why. :-P If you are referring to the replay that you attached, It's going past 1:45 for me. So, i don't know why it would freeze @ 1:45 either. I'll let you know what ends up happening & attach the replay if I feel it necessary.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 12:01

Good to know! I'll make that adjustment with the corn.
That's the area I always attack 1st, too. Also good to know. thanks!
I've only played through 1:45 & haven't finished the level yet. So, if you are referring to the replay I attached that is freezing @ 1:45, that is why. :-P If you are referring to the replay that you attached, It's going past 1:45 for me. So, i don't know why it would freeze @ 1:45 either. I'll let you know what ends up happening & attach the replay if I feel it necessary.
my replay was freezing in 1:45 for me... but if you say it didn't for you, thats ok then!
by the way, i thought i had mentioned in my last post, but i hadn't, i couldn't play those files... im sorry.
:P
As to the swine farm corn, i only reduced the corn to 2 for a while, until i built more farms! Then i set it to 5.
I hope it all goes well! good game for you!
<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 31 Jan 2012, 14:04

Thanks again for all your help! :-)

So, either you can't replay the original with the remake or I'm missing a file that needs to be sent with the other 2.

I have 2 armies taken out! WHOO HOO!!! It's the 2 on the very right. Right now I'm facing what I've deemed as "The Great Food Crises" Al of my city folk are dying left & right! LOL Oh well, I have plenty of gold & they are easy to replace. I'm just working on building up my army (I've got at least 10-12 of each type of lower end army men) & also working on getting more food built! :-P Things are going well for the level & I'm sure I will beat it. It will just take some more time than what I would prefer. LOL Thanks again Caykroyd. I know I'd still be stuck without your help! Take care & have a great week!!
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 14:52

Thanks again for all your help! :-)

So, either you can't replay the original with the remake or I'm missing a file that needs to be sent with the other 2.
I think its the first option.
I have 2 armies taken out! WHOO HOO!!! It's the 2 on the very right. Right now I'm facing what I've deemed as "The Great Food Crises" Al of my city folk are dying left & right! LOL Oh well, I have plenty of gold & they are easy to replace. I'm just working on building up my army (I've got at least 10-12 of each type of lower end army men) & also working on getting more food built! :-P Things are going well for the level & I'm sure I will beat it. It will just take some more time than what I would prefer.
Nice, i wish you good luck! when you've finished you can tell me how it went.
LOL Thanks again Caykroyd. I know I'd still be stuck without your help! Take care & have a great week!!
Thanks! u 2!
<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 10 Feb 2012, 23:06

Oh Man! I totally forgot to let you know how it went! I was able to beat the level rather smoothly. After I got rid of the two side armies, I went for the 2nd entrance from the left. It was easier to get into since there weren't as many archers lying in wait for me. So I went there & started dominating from left to right. Although, I had a bit of a problem wit all the archers on the right side. It seemed like they had over 100+ archers. But, it wasn't too bad. I beat the leave & went onto the next. Which seems to be even tougher than this one. I've stopped playing for the time being to do other things. I may go back this weekend & see what I might be able to do. That or do some online play. We'll see.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 11 Feb 2012, 13:11

I hope to play with you online someday :P !

Return to “Strategy Central”