Knights Province Feedback

<<

Armir

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 01 Sep 2016, 14:55

Knights Province Feedback

Hello

After playing for roughly 2hours non stop, I want to post some feedback how to make game more enjoyable:
- Camps and Storages should be same thing! This is stupid to have 2 separate storage buildings
- You should be able to build freely on tress! If you dont want a tree somewhere you need to disable Woodcutter planting option, and then wait - this is unnecessary.
- You should be able to demolish roads, fields - or even better, be able to build over them.
- Different colors of string on road, field, and apple tree building placeholder.
- MABY: Turn off collision on serfs. But I started to build more Storages, and the problem was less conspicious.

Anyway, nice game remake :)
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 01 Sep 2016, 17:48

Re: Knights Province Feedback

Hi, thanks for response!

1. I'd like to try to keep them separate to ease up traffic problems and separate wares. Notice how warfare got expelled too, now it is only in Fort and Barracks.

2. This is planned. Not sure how yet. Trees should still be a challenge to players city-planning skills.

3. Planned

4. Already made in Alpha 7, not final yet

5. Collisions will stay on. Traffic jams should be a thing to worry about and plan around.

Hope this answers help :-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Armir

Peasant

Post 04 Sep 2016, 21:43

Hello.
Another portion of feedback from Alpha 6.3 r3575. I will be playing Alpha 7 now.

Bugs:
1) Tree in building. Woodcuter started to plant a tree. Then I selected area as a new building. Worker started to prepere the soil. Suddenly, sapling dissapeared. Later, it showed as a full grown tree inside a building. Because it was near the border of the building, it could not be cut. My recomendation is, that when soil is prepered for a building, any tree standing there should dissapear.
https://postimg.org/image/99gwuak55/

2) Some map and pathing problem:
https://postimg.org/image/u3onydp4p/

3) Some other pathing problems. Sometimes there are such a clog on the street...
https://postimg.org/image/ejlvll4e1/

UI Information:
4) Highling on UI what kind of field/building you are selecting now (not visible enough, should be yellow, like color of font of window title).
5) Highling of the selected building on the map.
6) Mouseover UI information what building requies, what it produces, and how much of each.
7) Description for how much Plough and Orchard field you need per building. And how long is the "reach" of the person in building.
8) In exchange of outputting 1k in Storages, when there is more than 1000 of resource, type 1.1k, 1.2k etc. It is more precise, beacuse 1k can equal from 1000 to 1999.

Statistics Window:
9) Indication of units trained in - simmilar to +buildings build
10) Indication if amount of workers in relation to number of buildings (example: if there is 20 farm and 20 farmers, 20 should be green, 15 should be red, 25 should be yellow).
11) Show number of Idle workers - it will show if you build too many.

Buildings:
12) I will repeat - you should be able to destroy roads, fields and orchards also.
13) Enable/Disable material supply to the building.
14) Ability to empty building from resources. It will help move resources from one storage to another. And to prepere for destruction of buildings.
14b) Ability to restrain serf from bringing resources to the building.
15) When you destroy house, debris is left on the field. It is unsightly. It would be nice to be able to delete it, like a road or building.
16) Flags on buildings indicating if is it occupied by a worker. Weaving flag for ok, still for no.
17) Indication if the bulding is connected to road. If you will be able to destroy roads, it will be usefull. Good indication would be lowered flag.

Other:
18) Ability to kill not longer needed workers - they occupy space.
19) Change "Rangers Shop" to "Rangers Workshop".
20) One some maps there are single, annoying rocks! I hate them and must build around them! Maby you can send worker to destroy them - little in game flavor.
21) When you destroy a building, cursor should stay in destroy mode. When you destroy multiple buildings, you must click 5 times for each building.
22) Sometimes 2 woodcutter are waiting to cut same tree. One cut it, while second watches :) Later, he go for other tree, which is okay.

Personal:
23) Please! Give option to turn of serf collision while playing single player! Just option!

I hope it helps. Cheers!
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Sep 2016, 04:40

Good to see more feedback! :-)

There are many items on the list, so I'll be short:

1. Could be fixed in Alpha 7, please check.
2. :D could have been worse, Stonecutters can save him. I'll see about that later
3. Feature, not a bug. Insufficient road networks put natural penalty on city functioning.
4. Planned
5. Maybe. I'd like to keep in-game augmented reality (AR) at minimum.
6. Could be superfluous
7. Superfluous. Let player master it from own experience.
8. Likely to be implemented
9. I hope to rework that menu
10. see 9
11. see 7
12. Likely to be implemented
13. Likely to be implemented
14. Planned
15. Will likely change a lot
16. Maybe
17. Implemented in Alpha 7
18. Killing - never. They trust their lives to player, he should care about them) I'm looking into some changes to Alpha 8, related to Cottage house.
19. Whole house is likely to be removed or changed
20. Those are intentionally placed by mapmaker to make city-planning more challenging. Removing the challenge that easily diminishes it.
21. I dont recall well, but maybe holding Shift keeps the cursor in destroy mode.
22. Ok
23. Sorry, no. Traffic problems are there to motivate players to plan cities better, more spread and build wider roads.

P.S. And thanks for numbering. Otherwise it would be a pain to address :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 05 Sep 2016, 06:26

Awesome!
(The release too)
18. Killing - never. They trust their lives to player, he should care about them)
Trust that might be slightly misplaced, since afaik the standard multiplayer procedure for hungry troops is "send them to die fighting" :P :lol:
I'm looking into some changes to Alpha 8, related to Cottage house.
Is it a retirement home? Something like "they no longer work but eat less and just rest"?

P.S. What about a morale system? Something like "if you treat your people well, care for their lives, make them eat different things instead of just sausages, then they trust and love you and thus they work or fight better"?
(E.g. slightly better unit stats/slightly lower production times)
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Sep 2016, 08:29

wrote:
18. Killing - never. They trust their lives to player, he should care about them)
Trust that might be slightly misplaced, since afaik the standard multiplayer procedure for hungry troops is "send them to die fighting"
Not a standard procedure I would say, but yeah, it happens quite often. Same goes with some builders, player would rather sacrifice them sending into enemy's arms than feed. Still, it's a player's choice to do something like that.

It's quite understandable, that one could do something like that, after PT there's no need for big amount of builders (like 20 or more). When it comes to citizens there's also slight problem with those, who have no longer anything to do, like fisherman without fish to catch or miner without ore to mine. I was thinking, that maybe Tavern could be a place where such citizens could go. So a Tavern would have two functions: citizens would go there and eat and idle citizens could rest there. Such resting citizens would still consume food but since they're resting, their hunger bar would run off slower. Tavern should have capacity limit for such resting citizens (like 10 or 15 or 20).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 11 Sep 2016, 19:41

maybe Tavern could be a place where such citizens could go. So a Tavern would have two functions: citizens would go there and eat and idle citizens could rest there. Such resting citizens would still consume food but since they're resting, their hunger bar would run off slower. Tavern should have capacity limit for such resting citizens (like 10 or 15 or 20).
Imo this is a great idea!
People could simply not leave after eating unless they have a home or something to do.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “Knights Province Development”