Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Summing up 2015

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Dec 2015, 08:44

Summing up 2015

2015 was a good year and I’m looking forward to what 2016 brings.
Thank you all for support and interest in my humble ambiguous project!

Sum up: http://www.knightsprovince.com/2015/12/summing-up-2015/
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 31 Dec 2015, 12:50

Re: Summing up 2015

2+0+1+5=8
what 2016 brings
9 :mrgreen:
What single feature would you like to see the most in Knights Province next year?
>Is there a dialogue system already?
It would make interactive campaigns and maps easier to make.

>What about being able to use Wood instead of Coal, if it's not already possible?
Of course, to be balanced you'd need way more Wood than Coal... and planting Wood takes a lot of space.

>What about adding the Inertia idea I posted some time ago?
(Cavalry gets a damage bonus on their first attack -when they enter combat mode-, but that bonus damage is dealt to them instead if they are attacking AntiHorse units frontally)

>Did you implement that Experience idea that was posted some time ago?
I like the idea of the Bow/Xbow balance hanging on that: Xbows start deadly but improve very little with experience, while Bows start weak and inaccurate but can become way deadlier and faster than Xbows when experienced enough.

>What about adding Water as a requirement for bread, wine, swines, and iron weapons?
It could also be a necessary part of the Inn (in real life you just cannot live long without water), and would make rivers an extremely important strategic objective, one that by the way is very hard to defend when camping.

>What about adding a storage limit to Storehouses and making buildings able to store less finished products?
This way you'd need more than one storehouse, and having storehouses close to your end producers would become more important.

>What about making Food producers able to eat at home?
I mean, the baker makes bread... why should he starve when he has 5 loaves in the very next room?
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Moist Face

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 31 Dec 2015, 13:55

>What about making Food producers able to eat at home?
I mean, the baker makes bread... why should he starve when he has 5 loaves in the very next room?
Please! :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Jan 2016, 01:51

If food consumption works anything in KP as it does in KaM, then everyone should go eat at the inn. It contributes to the importance of inn placement and city planning. If you feel it's unrealistic...
1) Who cares ;)
2) It's good to have people leave buildings sometimes so they are vulnerable to being killed by sneak attacks, (hey maybe people could be killed inside their buildings in KP?)
3) Perhaps the baker doesn't have the necessary jams and butter to spread upon his beloved loafs of bread. I cannot bare the thought of eating bread without good butter! Oh! And more important the baker needs to go socialize once in awhile. I'd die if I didn't go out several times a week. So would Mr. Baker!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Soldado con espada

Lance Carrier

Post 03 Jan 2016, 18:25

If food consumption works anything in KP as it does in KaM, then everyone should go eat at the inn. It contributes to the importance of inn placement and city planning. If you feel it's unrealistic...
1) Who cares ;)
2) It's good to have people leave buildings sometimes so they are vulnerable to being killed by sneak attacks, (hey maybe people could be killed inside their buildings in KP?)
3) Perhaps the baker doesn't have the necessary jams and butter to spread upon his beloved loafs of bread. I cannot bare the thought of eating bread without good butter! Oh! And more important the baker needs to go socialize once in awhile. I'd die if I didn't go out several times a week. So would Mr. Baker!
Well, I'd allow my troops to eat at wagons carrying food :)
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 05 Jan 2016, 21:59

If you feel it's unrealistic...
It's frustrating, too.
1) Who cares ;)
Easy: we do. :P
Once every 30-40 minutes or so (depending on distance and food availability) is not that impactful... go kill the farmer, it's easier and more effective. :wink:
3) Perhaps the baker doesn't have the necessary jams and butter to spread upon his beloved loafs of bread. I cannot bear the thought of eating bread without good butter!
No.
Please, no.
Stop.
I don't wanna know any more about what you americans eat.
Please.

I've heard you even put pineapple on your pizza... ew.
Is that true? :O
Oh! And more important the baker needs to go socialize once in awhile. I'd die if I didn't go out several times a week. So would Mr. Baker!
Good point. :lol:
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Jan 2016, 13:57

I've heard you even put pineapple on your pizza... ew.
Is that true? :O
A vain attempt to eat something healthy? :P
Anyway, I agree with Ben; and wouldn't you get tired of eating bread only? In the inn he can also eat other stuff.

Return to “Knights Province Development”