Post 27 Nov 2013, 15:13

[HOW TO] Report a post

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, we've been noticing that more and more discussions get out of hand lately. One of the strengths of this forum is the platform it offers to Lewin and Krom to gather ideas and feedback for KaM Remake. We all know that lots of people have different opinions, but it seems people find it more and more difficult to respect other people's opinion. Of course we have moderators to end these situations, but they're not always present. And when they are, it's perfectly possible they miss something or don't have the time.

That's why it's very important that members take their own responsibility. What should happen is that people report a post that is off-topic, flaming or does not contribute to the discussion at hand in any way. What happens instead, is that people reply to the specific post, which is absolutely what you SHOULD NOT do. It triggers a chain of flaming posts, which pollute a topic and draw the attention away from the discussion.

Instead, just report the topic and wait for a moderator or Administrator to solve the issue. Since I've spoken multiple people who weren't even aware there was a "Report post" button, here's how to report a post:

1) If you come across a post that can be considered off-topic, flaming or does not contribute to the discussion in any other way, look at the lower right corner of the specific post.

2) Click the black button with exclamation mark ('!'): Image ('Report Post') (black = normal, blue = on mouseover)

3) Fill out the reason why you reported the post.

4) Click 'submit'.

Don't ever reply to the post you reported. You can reply to the discussion, but just ignore the reported post. If you have an issue with a member, use the PM functionality. If that gets out of hand, don't worry. You can report PM's too. Please bear in mind that Administrators (not moderators!) will be able to read the PM.

So please, use this button so this forum will stay much cleaner and you will help our moderators doing it.

Thanks!
Missing a feature on the forum? Please let me know by sending me a PM :)