Post 16 Sep 2014, 06:54

[READ ME] What is this forum for?

In order to make sure KaM Remake has the best translations possible, I thought it would be a good idea to open a specific forum for feedback on translations (including the original English). I can only speak for the Dutch translation, but it happens a lot that Dutch strings are too long, which makes the string unreadable because it runs out of bounds. Since I rarely play KaM, I'm not able to check all of the translations I make. I found that in the current stable release of KaM Remake, there's enough room for improvement of the Dutch translation.

Now, I'm guessing that the Dutch translation isn't the only one with this problem. I also experience a lot that the English used in Custom Campaigns isn't too great, which makes it pretty hard to translate right. I think this forum can help KaM Remake raise the quality of all of their translations.

So, the best way to provide a translator with feedback, is by sketching the situation where you've seen a mistake, for example. Posting a screenshot would be even better. I'll put up a list of all the translators, but I'll need Lewin's help for that.

One last thing: there's no need for the translator himself to start a topic. If a translation doesn't have a topic of its own, just start one :)