Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Golden Cliffs + Bonuses!

<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Dec 2014, 12:54

Re: Golden Cliffs + Bonuses!

Last minute fix before the official release!

In v2-01:
  • Removed three meaningless checks.
  • AI players can now recruit Barbarians at the same cost of a Militia, in order to overcome a conflict between their programmed behaviour and this map's script.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 01 Jan 2015, 22:31

Something's need to be done with Snipers. They are OP right now. And there's nothing to counter them.
CR Bonus snipers.7z
We need a hero!* Nah, joking.

My idea is - give bows fire arrows, so when they shoot, they make additional damage to surrounding units (example, one Bowman shoots at certain unit, unit next to it gets some damage as well). Also, I think, that Bowmen should have ability to take down buildings faster (that makes sense, since they would have fire arrows).

Xbows - maybe they should have that insta kill chance, but 7% instead of 15%, cause 15% it's too much as we noticed. Let's test 7%.

*We're holding out for a hero till the end of a night. (Sing with me!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 02 Jan 2015, 12:49

Mmm... what about
Crossbowmen
  • 10% insta-kill chance
  • 15% chance to kill the target building's inhabitant if he's inside
Bowmen get splash damage
  • No direct damage from arrows
  • 12% chance per attack to wound the target
  • 9% chance per attack to wound any unit directly east, west, north and south of the target
  • 5% chance per attack to wound any unit on the remaining nearby tiles (the corners of the square centered on the target)
  • Buildings hit by an arrow burn, losing a total of 30 HP in a 3 seconds period (1 HP per tick); hitting it again refreshes the duration of the burning, but doesn't add to the damage in any other way
P.S. As far as I know, a Bowman in a normal KaM game has a 20% chance per attack of wounding a Sword Fighter, and 30% of wounding an Axe Fighter, if attacking frontally.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Jan 2015, 13:17

I like the bonus for Crossbowmen, let's try it :).

Splash damage for Bowmen sounds good, but, as always, it needs testing of course :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

custos

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 23 Jun 2015, 11:02

Love this script, great job!

I agree with the snipers being OP, 15% to kill an occupant is way too high, it would mean that a group of 7 bowman would take out a tower in one volley. 2-3% makes for something manageable :)

Would it be possible to add another bonus where the mines don't run out? I looked around in the source code for a little while and could not find the relevant section to see if I could hook into it.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jun 2015, 15:44

I believe the ability to change tiles is possible. Even if you just reset a single tile in a maintain (to a tile containing ore again), the ore would be limitless.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 26 Jun 2015, 14:10

I agree with the snipers being OP, 15% to kill an occupant is way too high, it would mean that a group of 7 bowman would take out a tower in one volley. 2-3% makes for something manageable :)
And you haven't seen the Bowmen with the AoE yet... the first test results were downright scary :lol:

I've been testing around, but this is currently halted until there'll be some confirmation on a few bug fixes and a pair of additional functions.

I could use workarounds for both (and have been, for testing purposes), but the resulting script would be much slower...
I believe the ability to change tiles is possible. Even if you just reset a single tile in a maintain (to a tile containing ore again), the ore would be limitless.
Correct; already used this in a test map some time ago, and it worked fine.

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”