Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Town Merchants

<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Jan 2014, 20:33

Town Merchants

Hi, heres topic for new map by me and Sado. Weve played one match beta map. Here you can write some ideas etc :) thanks
Town Merchants

Instructions:
You're a merchant in the middle of a city. You start with 100 gold. Your goal is to earn as much gold as possible, by trading resources. You get resources from the buildings that you bought.
You take a building by attacking it:
You can see prices in the storehouse by clicking on the "repair" button - hit it once, to see prices of the wares. Click 2 times again, to see buildings prices. Just keep clicking it, if you want to see something :P

To sell wares from the storehouse, first block all the wares that you produce (in my example, only corn):
Then wait until your serfs are done bringing stuff to storehouse!* Unless you want your all goods brought to storehouse dropped!
Then, click on the "disable delivery" (closed doors icon) button to sell all the goods in storehouse.

Special buildings:
In the middle of a map there are 3 special purpose buildings. You need to click on Metallurgists/Gold smelter, to buy 1 gold for 50 gold (yes ^^). Stonemason will sell you 3 stone for 50 gold as well. Marketplace will sell you 1 fish, bread, wine and sausage, all four for 130 gold.

Basic tactics:
You need to take 2-3 buildings first. Choose some that make a kind of a basic resource only! If you get a farm, a mine, a woodcutter etc., you will have something to sell immediately. If you buy butcher only at the very start, then you will lose because a butcher can't produce anything on its own - it needs another resource. So, make swinefarms/mills/stables only when you have farms already etc. Anyway... if you have your first few buildings then remember that you need a few serfs and workers as well. Go for 2-3 workers (farmers/woodcutters/etc.) 2-3 serfs at start, then keep expanding. At the end you should have around 80 serfs if you want to win, but don't be too fast about making them or you will starve.
Also, you can send your hero to work in one of the buildings too. Just hit the "repair" button in the house, then go to its door.

Town:

Download
Town Merchants v1.22.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RandomLyrics on 20 Feb 2014, 13:24, edited 4 times in total.
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:05

Re: Town Merchants

So. As you saw, i played with you and.... it was a great map. Maybe there could be more res, or the condition to win is lower (as we said in chat). More stonemason would be cool too, and a little bit more place around the storehouses. But i must really say: big fun, nice map. You did a very good job!!!
GR
MaxDeus
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:17

I like the concept, it's very original and I will certainly play it again. :)
Some things that could/should be changed:
- The towers in the center prevent players from building shortcut roads nearby
- The score needed to win (50000) is too high; but you're aware of that
- I know it's a part of this game, but I dislike the randomness. I had LOADS of weapons in my storehouse and waited for the right event to sell them, but it just didn't come in time (building materials, food, building materials, food, etc.)
- Those events that kill serfs or workers are annoying, especially in the beginning
- Some positive events would be nice (for example: "A labourer dug up a treasure! A gold chest is added to your school")
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:26

It was very fun and enjoyable, great work!

- It needs more inns for sure. Or ability to build some buildings at some point of game (like you can build another inn after 1 hour of gameplay or something like that).
- I didn't see all prices on screen, not sure why that happened?
- At first, I thought it would be complicated, to think what to buy, what to sell, which bulding have. But it's only difficult at the start, then it goes easy.
- It's great, that there are few possible ways to win, to earn money. I had the worst economy, probably had less buildings and I wasn't last with money. In fact, I had pretty nice score.
- Map is really good looking. I think it only needs some objects in city, between that empty space between buldings.
- More quarries are not that necessary now, maybe 2 more at all. You buy stone anyway and it's not big part of trading.
- Randomness with events is not that big deal, if you plan your moves good, you win without events (that makes game interesting, to sell at right moment - you wait too long, you might loose).
- High winning condition might be good, cause it actually forces player to trade well. It looked impossible to get 50k at start, but after some trades you earn more and you spend less. That's the most important thing to set so it's fun and challenging, yet not too long.

Great fun even though it was first game!
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:30

- Randomness with events is not that big deal, if you plan your moves good, you win without events (that makes game interesting, to sell at right moment - you wait too long, you might loose).
Well for me it killed the game. After we finished I loaded the autosave and sold everything. I ended up with a score of 42000. The event could have won me the game (and believe me, I had been waiting a VERY long time for it).
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:39

yea i think the randomness is too random xD ill make that one type of event can only be repated twice for row.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:40

The major flaw with the game is that people can just dig fields around your woodcutters and build roads on your farms/wineyard,but you are aware of that. for the rest awesome gamemode.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:41

Maybe you change the event, so that in the beginning (4-5 minutes) noone of your peole can die, that would make it easier. and in the end the dieing-rate could be higher. like an exponantial fct. (but not to high). And you can make more fields (when we are not allowed to build them anymore). And maybe a feature for "automoney", so that you earn money over time (not much, but lillte bit to buy food for example if you calculated wrong). Also selling buildings if they are wrong-buyed would be cool.
GR
MaxDeus
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 Jan 2014, 14:59

Few ideas that I got today:

-Possibility to buy another inn for large amount of money (like 5000). Maybe even 3rd one for even more. It's an investment, so it's got to be expensive, but necessary, if you want have big economy
-As Max wrote and some guys were saying during the game - we should be able to sell our buildings (so that everyone is able to buy it again). (Maybe you can use demolish option for that...)
-Building limits for each player. Like 12 or 15 or something like that. I think, that with possibility to sell buildings it would be a great option. With that amount of buildings you can have one or two main and stable sources of income. At the same time it prevents from buying everything on the map. You still got to be quick to get buildings you want, but it's more fair that way I guess. And if you made a mistake, you can sell a building (for bit lower price) and buy something else
- Vineyards were a bit overpowered (beacause of fully built fields from the beginning). Maybe its's a good idea to prevent this by setting just 2 or 3 fields at start and allow to build more when we want
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Jan 2014, 16:49

Okey heres the list of approved changes:
// script Balance(prices) , prevent field/vine around woodcutter, max 2 row of random event, local event kill/fire later, positive events, sell houses, implement take wares from houses.
// map: +2 special houses global(metallurgist(left, right), stonemason(top, bot)), remove towers, +1 more space between storehouse etc, +1 inn for each player, remove fields 20% fields and vineyards.
if i missed something important let me know :)
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 10 Jan 2014, 19:01

When can we play it again? This is what i miss :D
maybe make it like TianK told before, you can buy a second inn for money (e.g. 5000). And a second school also maybe?!
And you did not tell something about the condition to winn (50k --> 20k/25k).
GR
MaxDeus
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Jan 2014, 23:31

Like your and sado´s mission really. It´s a nice idea. However what I don´t understand:

-When sado has taken a coalmine, he got a miner for free near the building :P, I have to make one in my school for my coalmine :? ?
-what will the barracks be?
-do you plan to make some small attacks, so you have to make army in that barracks to defend?
-this XD: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1035&p=34494#p34494
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Jan 2014, 23:40

When can we play it again? This is what i miss :D
maybe make it like TianK told before, you can buy a second inn for money (e.g. 5000). And a second school also maybe?!
And you did not tell something about the condition to winn (50k --> 20k/25k).
GR
MaxDeus
Yea i changed win to 25k gold. Second school isnt needed :P
-When sado has taken a coalmine, he got a miner for free near the building :P, I have to make one in my school for my coalmine :? ?
Coz he was working by his own champ, just go near doors and unlock repair :)[/quote]
-what will the barracks be?
hmm in barracks you can work by your champ for X gold/per second or etc. (future)
-do you plan to make some small attacks, so you have to make army in that barracks to defend?
hmm in far future xD nice :D

description updated! (topic)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Jan 2014, 02:39

Hey RandomLyrics,
Sado told me about you having to destroy the storehouse to remove wares from it, meaning serfs on the way to the storehouse drop their wares. That's no longer necessary, you can use Actions.HouseTakeWaresFrom instead of destroying it. That command will always work, if a serf was on the way to collect the ware he will abandon his task.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Jan 2014, 12:27

Yea, i used it :) Thanks Lewin for add that. Already implemented in map :)

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”