Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Scripting idea to start with town in MP

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Jul 2014, 08:16

Scripting idea to start with town in MP

Here's a scripting map idea that originates from suggestions by people, that wish to have starting towns in MP games:

How about a dynamic script that allows to place built houses and roads for free during 1st minute of the game?
So there could be a building materials credit (100 stone, 40 wood), limit on number and type of houses (only 10, only till farms) and area (only within 20 tiles from Store).
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Jul 2014, 09:01

Re: Scripting idea to start with town in MP

Hmm maybe not during 1st minute, but at start u have instant house list to use like:
0/5 - stonemason
0/4 - lumberjack
0/2 - sawmill
0/2 - farm
0/1 - school
0/1 - inn
0/100 - roads
0/8 - plains
After deployed all items from this list u start building normally :)
For each map it can be set in Const or smth lke that :)
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Jul 2014, 13:08

I had this idea before. I'd like to see it done as a mutator, might be a nice alternative to gamespeed. (Of course, this will ever be an alternative, as people will play it WITH gamespeed anyway)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Jul 2014, 15:44

I think that it would be cool :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Krom

Post 30 Jul 2014, 04:25

I hope someone makes such a script, to try it out! :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 31 Jul 2014, 16:03

Why don't you make it, Krom? xD
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Jul 2014, 17:00

I had this idea before. I'd like to see it done as a mutator, might be a nice alternative to gamespeed. (Of course, this will ever be an alternative, as people will play it WITH gamespeed anyway)
Nooo not as a mutator... I don't want any mutators, seeing how the speed options have divided the community already...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 31 Jul 2014, 18:35

Nooo not as a mutator... I don't want any mutators, seeing how the speed options have divided the community already...
That is the problem. We probably need a TS only passworded version of the game, where we'd add fun shit like that, which would never be abused. On the other hand, that idea was actually me trying to think of something more sane than current game speeds, which would shorten the game a lot while keeping the importance of planning and thinking ahead (instead of mindless building because of the speed pressure).
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 31 Jul 2014, 20:18

Seems the game is still very slow. As I always say a single mistake in the first 10 minutes will be huge at the PT. I mean on if forget to open the inn/or forget to train serfs or labourers etc... then this mistake will be expanded until the PT and the difference will be huge compared to the game without mistakes.

*2-3x times building game speed with PT85/90mins just has the same... Last time i joined some lobbies and im crying to see that the players could make only 20-30buildings under 85-90mins...it's not joke. 6players from 8 do this. The exponential mistake growing is faster on the larger game speeds.

*The original buildorder deleted as basic rule (now school-stoner+wcutter also). With this the gamers won around 10-12minutes of course it is depend of the location.

*If i understand well this scripting idea gives possibility to create the first X building in the first minutes(or in the firts 3-4mins...). If use this script just lost the labourers micro, lose some training in the school and losing the early mistakes what give the differences between the players!

Personaly I disagree with these changes, I dont use them because for me the classical style is the best. Seems the Remake will have tons of game versions...maybe too much...
Whats is happened whit the too much maps? I mean there will be tons of game version and there will be small groups and will be hard to find players for game.
Already hard to find players to playing NORMAL 1x1x60PT game in random lobby. And not becasue this game mode is s***!
<<

Krom

Post 01 Aug 2014, 04:35

@Ben: Because I'm rather busy with other things ;)

The idea seems to have potential, and it can be tested with scripting, without us rewriting the games engine parts for it, just to realize it ruins KaM (or possibly not).

@Thunder: One more reason, to not implement it into the game, but only into some test maps ;)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Aug 2014, 05:27

@Ben: Because I'm rather busy with other things ;)
I was merely jesting :D
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 01 Aug 2014, 05:50

Seems the game is still very slow. As I always say a single mistake in the first 10 minutes will be huge at the PT. I mean on if forget to open the inn/or forget to train serfs or labourers etc... then this mistake will be expanded until the PT and the difference will be huge compared to the game without mistakes.

*2-3x times building game speed with PT85/90mins just has the same... Last time i joined some lobbies and im crying to see that the players could make only 20-30buildings under 85-90mins...it's not joke. 6players from 8 do this. The exponential mistake growing is faster on the larger game speeds.

*The original buildorder deleted as basic rule (now school-stoner+wcutter also). With this the gamers won around 10-12minutes of course it is depend of the location.

*If i understand well this scripting idea gives possibility to create the first X building in the first minutes(or in the firts 3-4mins...). If use this script just lost the labourers micro, lose some training in the school and losing the early mistakes what give the differences between the players!

Personaly I disagree with these changes, I dont use them because for me the classical style is the best. Seems the Remake will have tons of game versions...maybe too much...
Whats is happened whit the too much maps? I mean there will be tons of game version and there will be small groups and will be hard to find players for game.
Already hard to find players to playing NORMAL 1x1x60PT game in random lobby. And not becasue this game mode is s***!

I understand you, but simple public gamers on kamclub (not only there =) ) complain, because some "very clever guys" make fields on their locs. And they want to see a possibility to have towers in the start.
You are right too, it could make game easier, and put players' skills lower, like speed. I suggested this idea, because it could be good decision for many problems: it forbid builder rush with fields, it could lower game speed in public games, etc.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 01 Aug 2014, 13:33

Clever guys will find out soon how easy it is to replace/kick them with the new lobby feature.
<<

Jery

Laborer

Post 03 Aug 2014, 20:25

if someone wants to test this mode, I made ​​a dynamic script that implements this idea.
To run the script, add it to a folder with any map that meets the requirements, and name it as map named.

Requirements for the map:
- Script tested for release candidate 6478.
- In the stable version will not work (5503).
- There must be no other dynamic scripts.
- Each player has no more than one warehouse.
- It is desirable to avoid the initial warriors.
- It is desirable that the initial position is at a distance of not less than 26 cells.

A description of the game:
- You are given two minutes to place buildings and roads.
- You are given a 26x26 area around your primary storage where you can place buildings.
- All buildings are built instantly.
- For the construction of buildings resources levied from the warehouse.
- Plan of the road cost one stone.
- After the expiration of two minutes, all the road plans are replaced with roads.
- You can cancel the plan of the road or destroy the building and you will be refunded the cost.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
For example, there was a proposal to limit the list of available buildings to be built in this mode. Or allow the construction of the towers only.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18Qqy ... sp=sharing
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Aug 2014, 02:53

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! This is so cool! :D I can see already that it won't produce the exact results you would expect from playing normal gamemode. For example, you'll only have 4 serfs when you have farms up already (for example). Also, I think wood will be strange as you'll be out of timber by the end of the instant build period with no planted trees (might cause a period of idle time while you wait for trees to be cut).

This needs to be tested, but I'm already thinking that there should be a limit on how many buildings you should be able to build. Further, it might be good if you can only use a certain percentage of the timber and wood you start with (perhaps %50 percent?) so you don't have that "idle period" while you wait for stone and timber to be gathered.

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”