Citadel Defense - Dynamic Script

<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Nov 2013, 14:25

Citadel Defense - Dynamic Script

Citadel Defense v1.2

Defend your citadel with specific combination of units, that counters approaching Wave.

For multi/singleplayer. ( Max 4 players )
TEAM 1 - Loc 1,2,3,4,5
TEAM 2 - Loc 6,7
AI PLAYERS - 5,6,7 ( Needed )

Copy downloaded map to /MapsMP and /Maps
To play single: create multiplayer lan game and set the locs manually ( your loc, AI locs and teams )

Features:
- School Picking - train specific unit to get wanted army.
- Grouping/UnGrouping - train lab/serf to group or ungroup your melee units.
- Rescue Pick - train recruit to summon a lot of kinights.
- Army automatically fed.
- Score board shows kills, timer, gold possession, number of enemy and ally units.
- Citadel recover health
- for 100,500,1000,2000 kills youll get const bowmen.
- Skip - train stronemason to skip time between waves.

EASY MODE ON - when your citiadel falls, your Wave will be repeated and your all bowmen will respawn.

How to change difficulty?- open Citadel Defense.script and change: DIFFICULTY = 2; // 0-easy 1-medium 2-hard

Let me know your scores :)
Tell me what do you think about map and what could i change to make it better ;)
Ill be very gratefull for balance advice.

Screenshots:
11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg
cc.jpg
Download:
Citadel Defense.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RandomLyrics on 05 Nov 2013, 10:24, edited 5 times in total.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Nov 2013, 20:09

Re: Citadel Defense - Dynamic Script

I've played it a little bit and it seems EPIC!
Very nice idea!

Hard is really hard. I've reached wave 9 so far on 1x speed (it took me about 23 minutes, so it's pretty long - whole game would probably take about 2 hours).
I tried different speeds to speed things up. It was the first time, I've played on 3x speed (never thought I would do that)! Reached wave 14 on it. Quite fun :).

I would try to beat all waves on 1x speed when I have more time, that's for sure.

It would be great, if we could call wave earlier, cause sometimes I was waiting too long. Stonemason could be used for that, since he's not responsible for anything so far.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Nov 2013, 07:42

It would be great, if we could call wave earlier, cause sometimes I was waiting too long. Stonemason could be used for that, since he's not responsible for anything so far.
great idea, i will add this :) thanks
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Nov 2013, 08:41

Nice gamemode, I like it :) But... could you give bonuses AFTER the waves? For example, the bowmen I received for 100 kills were instantly killed as that's where the enemy had his troops when I received them :x
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Nov 2013, 10:16

NEW VERSION
added:
- Skip - train stronemason to skip time between waves
- score board fix
EASY MODE ON - when your citiadel falls, your Wave will be repeated and your all bowmen will respawn.
download avialable at first post of topic

sado1 - hmm its hard mode ;p youll need this bowmen for instant help for your troops (at that time) :)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Nov 2013, 11:16

How are they supposed to help me, if they get spawned in the middle of a battle, and are immediately killed? xD
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Nov 2013, 11:35

hmm you propably making a stand in wrong place.
3 - first line
2 - sencond line
B - bowman spawn

3,2 place where u stand ;p is it wave 4? or wave 5?

<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Nov 2013, 14:56

Nice gamemode, I survived 29 waves :P 30th killed alll my troops and destroyed barracks, so I got "easy mode" :D
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Nov 2013, 15:16

There's no point in fighting through the first waves in entrances 2 and 3, if you want to beat them in the easiest way, that's why I am fighting in the narrowest entrance possible (at the citadel). Not to mention, there are AI xbows helping me there. They won't follow my small force when I'd camp on 2 or 3. In fact, I tried to go with 2 armies of swordmen and 1 army of bowmen to entrance nr 2 and I got easily crushed by militia only (wave 6? :P). I assume I should've gone archers + militia/axemen, this would work, but still, why would I make it too hard for myself? :P
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2013, 15:26

How are they supposed to help me, if they get spawned in the middle of a battle, and are immediately killed? xD
Well that's what makes it hard. I think it's kind of good idea, because it forces you to plan ahead and move your troops in front of that place, to protect incoming reinforcements :).

You got first reinforcements after 100 kills. When you camp near the castle, you have less kills, because of ally's help. So, you can either move forward and gain score, or stay near castle and take a risk of losing that bonus.

That's what makes this mode interesing. Every new game is different, beacuse of randomness. And you can try different tactics at each wave :).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Nov 2013, 16:52

the army in citadel commaned by AI should be used only for rescue, when some ( 5 or 7 units ) enemy troops break trough your line ;) TianK is right.
andreus nice :D
My wave was about 20 ;p then i started to jumping over random waves like 10, 25, 36 to quick balance ;p
if anyone is interesting in play map in multplayer, post here so we can arragment the room (this week)
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

Post 12 Jan 2014, 17:50

I don´t know why this happens, but when i start it, my school is being attacked, and after a short time i have no school anymore. and waves are also not comming. i do not know what to do.
GR
MaxDeus
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”