Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Apr 2018, 13:53

Food matters

Hi!

I've made a small script that
  1. Makes starving troops less effective
  2. Makes well fed troops more effective
  3. Gives free recruits depending on how many occupied farms/vineyards/stables/swine farms you have
The goal is to make food more important for troops; the recruit generation is there to balance the inherent campyness of this change (defenders are more easily kept fed: but if you turtle then you let the enemy expand at will, and free recruits + unlimited wood/leather = the turtle WILL get overwhelmed by unending waves of enemies).
(Free recruits are capped: they won't be generated if you already have too many recruits, including those inside of your towers).

I've attached the script to Golden Cliffs, but it can actually be attached to any map.

Opinions?

P.S. By default, it is set so that:
  • 28 almost dead sword fighters are about as effective as 28 well fed axe fighters
  • 1 farm creates 1 recruit every 5 minutes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Apr 2018, 15:09

Re: Food matters

I like it. I'll try to look at it later if I have time. I think this could work in the actual game, as "hidden" modifiers to combat are not really a problem in KaM, since the combat system is a bit chaotic already.

However, you would need to be able to see how hungry enemy soldiers are. It wouldn't exactly be fair to not know what strength you are up against before you attack.

Of course, there is always the chance that this can make the came even more defensive, as it's easier to feed soldiers when they are at home. Perhaps we need a more efficient method to feed soldiers...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Apr 2018, 19:40

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean exactly when write occupied farms give recruits. But I think the farms are enough OP already.

I agree would need to make few types of food more important, but on different way as the unit's hunger level is not well followable as the enemy units are not 'clickable'. So it would make things more random in the fights i guess as it is now.

I rather would say the bread and the vine should give larger percentage fed to soilders than sousages in the inn to the citizens. Or making foods a bit weaker, or just the sousage as that is a kind of bonus with pig+skin from a corn. So the rest of them could be more important. Its also could be an option if its about how to food be an important thing. :wink:
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 18 Apr 2018, 20:32

I like it. I'll try to look at it later if I have time.
:)
I'm not sure what you mean exactly when write occupied farms give recruits.
I mean that if you have a farm with a farmer inside, then you start getting free recruits out of its doorstep.
[...]
That's... pretty hard to do with dynamic scripting. :P
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Apr 2018, 08:24

Really interesting script :)

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”