Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM TSK & TPR Free Download and issues with Windows 7

<<

Gabriel_Sippel

Post 04 Feb 2012, 00:16

KaM TSK & TPR Free Download and issues with Windows 7

So, new to the forum, but I've been playing Knights and Merchants since 2001. I'm looking for a trusted link to donwload both the Original KaM and the Expansion Pack, for free. I know GoG sells the game for 6 bucks, but I just can't make online transitions... Also, if I download the game, I'll either be installing it on Windows XP SP 3 32 bits or Windows 7 64 bits, wich one would be better to install?. Is there any issues with these Operational Systems, I mean, not only with the game not working properly, but the OS also being kinda fucked up? Also, to play the online game with a pirated copy, is there a server that I can donwload to play it multiplayer? And is the multiplayer activity on KaM large enough for me to quickly find a game? I REALLY wanna play this game again, badly. Thats a lot of question,but I hope all of 'em get an answer... Greeting from Brazil :)
<<

SirCabbage

Recruit

Post 04 Feb 2012, 08:38

Re: KaM TSK & TPR Free Download and issues with Windows 7

While I understand your urge to play knights and merchants again, I myself had a similar search for an illegal copy a long long time ago. Difference is, that was before GoG and after it had stopped selling in stores so it was my only option at the time. I am sorry to inform you, but if this forum works anything like all the other fansites on the internet asking to be linked to an illegal copy will not be met kindly. I suggest you attempt to find a way to buy it from GoG. Perhaps you could find a friend online who would be willing to purchase it for you and you could pay them back or similar.

I must say also, that the illegal copy I did eventually find was very very disappointing. The Peasents Rebellion for example was only released in german before GoG so I had to live with that. When it came out on GOG however I bought it as soon as I had the ability. Getting it legally is a much better option if you can find some other way to do so, the GoG version will run even on a 64bit OS, and there is always the KaM remake to make the game even better then before. I know it can be difficult, so I hope you can find some way to legally get it off GoG,

I actually suggest if you really cant BUY it, to watch Good old games' forums. Often users have givaways and I myself have won multiple. If you could win a give-away, you may be able to get it free and legally that way. I hope that helps you in some way, and I hope you don't resent my answer.
<<

Into_The_Battle

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Feb 2012, 09:30

While I understand your urge to play knights and merchants again, I myself had a similar search for an illegal copy a long long time ago. Difference is, that was before GoG and after it had stopped selling in stores so it was my only option at the time. I am sorry to inform you, but if this forum works anything like all the other fansites on the internet asking to be linked to an illegal copy will not be met kindly. I suggest you attempt to find a way to buy it from GoG. Perhaps you could find a friend online who would be willing to purchase it for you and you could pay them back or similar.

I must say also, that the illegal copy I did eventually find was very very disappointing. The Peasents Rebellion for example was only released in german before GoG so I had to live with that. When it came out on GOG however I bought it as soon as I had the ability. Getting it legally is a much better option if you can find some other way to do so, the GoG version will run even on a 64bit OS, and there is always the KaM remake to make the game even better then before. I know it can be difficult, so I hope you can find some way to legally get it off GoG,

I actually suggest if you really cant BUY it, to watch Good old games' forums. Often users have givaways and I myself have won multiple. If you could win a give-away, you may be able to get it free and legally that way. I hope that helps you in some way, and I hope you don't resent my answer.
Gabriel Sippel here, forgot to log in :'( . So, giveaways? I'll try one myself, but can someone get me a link for one? I cant wait much more to play TPR. and The Remake, I know what it is, but is it like a patch like file, or a complete stand-alone game? Thank you for answering me, SirCabbage.
Last edited by Into_The_Battle on 04 Feb 2012, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
<<

SirCabbage

Recruit

Post 04 Feb 2012, 10:02

Just keep trying them, I have won about 3ish games through them. the community at gog.com is very generous. The remake is exactly as it says, a remake. The engine was remade, but it uses the graphics and music files from the original so you need to own it. Its a good remake too- so you wont regret purchasing/winning KaM to use it.
<<

Into_The_Battle

Farmer

Post 04 Feb 2012, 10:06

SirCabbage, can you post any link regarding a KaM giveaway? If you could, I'll be forever gratefull...
<<

SirCabbage

Recruit

Post 04 Feb 2012, 10:10

There may not be any on RIGHT NOW. you just have to watch the forums. The last competition I won was either 2nd or 3rd place in a competition on the witcher 2. The prize was like $20 worth of GOG games. Look out for one like that, there may not be one there right now. you may not WIN. but you just have to keep watching and entering
<<

Into_The_Battle

Farmer

Post 04 Feb 2012, 10:31

The giveaways always happens on the General Discussion topic from GoG forums, right? I'm currently in the Xyem's Weekly Giveaway. Y'all wich me luck, yo...
<<

SirCabbage

Recruit

Post 04 Feb 2012, 10:39

Xyems is pretty popular, but you can enter every week and the prize is pretty good.
<<

Into_The_Battle

Farmer

Post 04 Feb 2012, 10:49

Yeah, PRETTY popular, but I must take my chances... If I win this, the other 6 bucks are yours, SirCabbage :wink:

Return to “General Talk”