Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Again, a Problem with Multiplayer

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Aug 2011, 15:25

Again, a Problem with Multiplayer

Hey guys. I was amazed (and happy) to hear my brother ask if I wanted to play KaM multiplayer. We got on the computers and noticed a few problem: one of the computers has 7 and needed the ddraw to play it. I installed it and hosted the game on the XP computer. When my brother joined, I saw his name in my room, but his game crashed. We tried the reverse order but that didn't work either (I can't remember what happened; though, it was too long ago.)

I thought I'd try again on a different day 'cus I had an idea. Maybe ddraw had to be on both computers? I tried it, but another problem arose. For some reason both computers crash when I choose the TCP/IP protocol.
We are using TSK by the way.

Thanks for the help.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Sep 2011, 18:55

The crash happened after pointing one of the small (+, - etc.) buttons, right? Unfortunately ddraw causes some weird button shrinking bug, which also crashes lobby. Only ways to avoid it:
1. Keep your cursor out of those small buttons (also, player with ddraw can't be the host).
2. Disable Direct Draw's hardware acceleration - the downside is it doesn't fix way too fast scrolling.
You'll need that applet http://kuba11100.c0.pl/rozne/priv/directx.cpl
The option is in DirectDraw->Performance->Use hardware acceleration.
Don't forget to re-enable it later.
3. Play on virtual machine.

Also, don't apply ddraw if it's not necessary.

Return to “General Talk”