Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Do You Like Using the Fast Button?

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Apr 2011, 02:06

Do You Like Using the Fast Button?

I was playing TSK (the game TSK) and I quickly noticed how much I actually use the fast button (F8). Most (if not all) of us know that the fast button can only be used in TPR. I use the fast button a lot, including in battle. It uses a lot less time and makes mission debugging a lot easier, but there is something about it that I don't like.

My guess that it is the sentimental feeling that I get when playing on slow speed. I assume that most of us played TSK for a long time before getting TPR, so we had to play on slow speeds. Perhaps the slow speeds reminds you of the "good old days," too?

I really like the sound effects and animation to this game. The fast button ruins both of those elements. How many RTS have such complex sound effects such as a saw cutting a board or of a mill grinding grain? Many games don't have any sound applied to working units and buildings.
Also, the animations are great, unlike many other games. For example, there is a different animation for each step of a construction site. There might be dozens for a building, while other games might have three or four. In KaM, you don't get to watch buildings get built when playing on fast speed.
Additionally, the combat is pretty good, too. Unlike some RTS games, damage is given upon when the weapon actually makes contact.(play AoK, you will see that a unit can be killed before the weapon even reaches him)

All these elements are lost when playing on fast speeds... so what are your thoughts? do you like playing on fast speeds?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

DoriaN

Serf

Post 20 Apr 2011, 21:05

I don't use it at all...if I were in a hurry I think I definitely would not play a game like KaM. :wink:
<<

kuba11100

Sword Fighter

Post 21 Apr 2011, 08:29

Since I found it out, I've become severely addicted to it. :)
The complex animations and sound effects are certainly a good side of the game, but after playing it for a long time I get used to it and don't really care if the fast button ruins it or not.
However, I never use it during battles - that's the part of the game where it's easy to lose everything while not paying enough attention.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 10 May 2011, 18:23

Re: Do You Like Using the Fast Button?

Perhaps the slow speeds reminds you of the "good old days," too?

All these elements are lost when playing on fast speeds... so what are your thoughts? do you like playing on fast speeds?
You hit the nail on the head there. I don't like speeding up the game because then I start using it all the time and it just takes away all the fun :(

Return to “General Talk”