Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer rule: x towers allowed per player

<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 20 Jan 2012, 22:55

Re: Multiplayer rule: x towers allowed per player

Didn't know that. This territory thing sounded like "maybe if we have excessive amount of unlimited time sometimes in the distant future then maybe...". But if it's sure then sure. I don't care about not being abled to move units. Just saying that KaM remake having only natural limits is not true.
ah... ok then xD
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 21 Jan 2012, 00:09

Didn't know that. This territory thing sounded like "maybe if we have excessive amount of unlimited time sometimes in the distant future then maybe...". But if it's sure then sure. I don't care about not being abled to move units. Just saying that KaM remake having only natural limits is not true.
Well unfortunately I have to put "eventually" on the end of every feature we say we'll implement. We don't have all that much time to work on the Remake and it's become a huge project to maintain. We are planning to implement territories, it is on the todo list, but I have to say it will be done "eventually" because I don't know when we'll have time. For now making troops not move was a quick and easy solution that works ok, and seemed like a better idea than delaying the release for a month so we could add territories.
Either way it is still a limit. But KaM has a lot less limits than games like Ages of Empires which have a population limit and stuff. That wasn't the main point of my argument, I'm saying that towers are naturally limited because they take so much time to build. They are certainly useful, but if you use them as your primary tactic all they really give you is a false sense of security until the enemy trains a few more soldiers and breaks through. Read Ben's post here.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2012, 20:55

hey! That game is becoming famous! :P

So far, the frozen troops until the end of peace time is over works fine. The only things I didn't like was how unorganized they became and that they could be "pushed" with a laborer into enemy territory (this would only be effective on small maps).
I also thought that troops' condition shouldn't lower until the end of the peacetime, but that is mostly an opinion.

Return to “General Talk”