Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Help Neede Please!!!!!!!!!

<<

mangngal49in

Post 27 Feb 2010, 13:36

Help Neede Please!!!!!!!!!

whenever i try to open the knight and merchant- the peasant rebellion a error window appear which says "DD: Action Not Supported" someone please help me. i have formatted my computer twice just to play this game. the same file works fine with my friend laptop. i have windows xp sp2 n 8400 nvidia graphics. 2 gb ram. help needed urgently please ne1
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 27 Feb 2010, 15:01

Firstly, there's no need to make two threads on the same subject. As for your error, you should try updating your video drivers.
<<

mangngal49in

Post 27 Feb 2010, 15:11

sorry

sorry but after i wrote the first one i read your column firstly read before you write or something and i wanted to correct the spelling mistake so wrote again. anyway how do i update my video drivers. help me please and am really sorry about the before post. thanking you
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 27 Feb 2010, 15:23

I think this is what you'll need to download and install.
<<

mangngal49in

Post 27 Feb 2010, 15:39

thanks

thanks a lot but let me download n install it first.
<<

mangngal49in

Post 27 Feb 2010, 16:55

sorry but

i ve downloaded n install the program u gave but its still not working. it still display error message saying "DD: Action Not Supported". please help
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 Mar 2010, 06:58

I have seen that error before when starting KaM. It is a Direct Draw (DirectX) error that occurs when the game is unable to utilise the Direct Draw system for some reason. The only time I have seen it was when I had Krom's map editor open and started KaM. Only one of them can use the 3D system, so KaM crashes. (note: it doesn't always happen) So make sure there is nothing else running that uses 3D hardware acceleration. (maybe special toolbars or something?)

Also check that you've got DirectX installed properly. (that should be part of the video drivers I think) Click Start -> Run, type dxdiag and press enter. Click yes if it asks you something. Down the bottom of System Information there is DirectX version. It should probably be 9c if you are using XP. If the diagnostic tool doesn't even load it means you don't have DirectX which will defiantly be causing problems.

My only other suggestion (assuming DirectX version is right) is that you try the Vista/Windows 7 patch which provides a replacement DirectDraw DLL for KaM only. (ddraw.dll goes in the KaM root folder)
Here's a link to the download

Let us know if you fix it.
Lewin.
<<

mangngal49in

Post 02 Mar 2010, 15:32

sorry!!!!!!!!!!

sorry but i ve downloaded the dll file u suggested me but still its nt working. the same error massage i get. please ne1 help meeeeeeeeee
<<

Juba

Barbarian

Post 02 Mar 2010, 20:26

Update your DirectX with DirectX websetup. You should also update your Xp SP2 to Service Pack 3 (SP3). Note: If you install SP3 from Windows update, the download size is about 100 MB smaller.
<<

mangngal49in

Post 02 Mar 2010, 22:49

soory

i tried wat u ve told Juba. i ve intall sp3 n direct x but still its nt working pls help ne1 pleaseeee. m dying to play dis game.
<<

fizz_tmn

Post 17 May 2010, 18:13

I had the same problem and what helped me is
changin resolution in "setup.cfg" file from "2" to "1".

Then I have noticed that button under "resolution" label in main menu changed from "not available" to "1024x786".

Only after this I have understood that thisi is just button which is pressable, not just label which says "not available".

So, try firtly pressing this button, then try editing "setup.cfg" file.
<<

H.A.H.

Post 01 Feb 2011, 20:06

both in the last one is working.... :o :) :?
<<

cjapka

Post 02 Dec 2011, 18:17

not working

both in the last one is working.... :o :) :?

HOW TO INSTALL THE GAME PLEASE? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM "ACTION NOT SUPPORTED", BUT THERE IS NOT FILE SETUP.CFG ON THE CD:((( PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS!!
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Dec 2011, 23:34

Re: not working

HOW TO INSTALL THE GAME PLEASE? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM "ACTION NOT SUPPORTED", BUT THERE IS NOT FILE SETUP.CFG ON THE CD:((( PLEASE HELP ME, THANKS!!
I don't know a solution exactly, but it might help if you provide us with a bit more information, like what operating system are you using, and what version of KaM? (what language and TSK or TPR?)

Also, you're allowed to use lower case letters here. Cool, huh? :)

Return to “General Talk”