Post 24 Nov 2009, 14:03

The Shattered Kingdom lag on XP

Yesterday, I thought I'd try something different. The main OS on my laptop (which is all I have) is Vista, and so I tried using a Virtual Machine of XP, with Hamachi installed and Kam the shattered kingdom to try and get a multiplayer session up...

The xp virtual machine works fine with hamachi, and is also capable of running the peasants rebellion, (dutch, with sp2) nicely. However, when I start up tsk, it randomly starts to lag on entering a different screen, where the mouse gets unstable, and starts moving in square blocks (like 50px to the direction I moved in.) It's gets impossible to reach the areas in between.

try1:
menu works
mission intro starts lag, because of this, I was unable to click the continue button to actually start.

try2:
menu is already lagging... cant do anything

try3:
menu works
started tutorial succesfully
when I quit the tutorial, the statistic screen started the lag.

try4:
menu works
as soon as I start tutorial, it started the lag.

It might of course be a bug with the vm, but it's unlikely, as TPR is working normally
It might be that it's not the latest version of tsk (I installed from original cd), I don't know if any patches for tsk exist.

Would be nice to get it to work, I'd be able to play multiplayer... Or should I just try my luck in tpr, and have the big chance of no longer being in sync?
~old sig
MissionBuilder v0.9f2 UPDATED!!
Defend The Outer Colony. fight for your king and uncover the secrets of this land.
Temporary version at
http://thunderwolf.x10hosting.com/index.php
"You can't defeat me, I've played Knights and Merchants"