Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Iron Mines, Gold Mines and of course: Coal Mines.

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Oct 2009, 03:23

Iron Mines, Gold Mines and of course: Coal Mines.

Okay as the name of the topic implys, this thred (I think it's called a thred) is about the mines in the game. In the SR3 section of this forum, there was a post saying something about the ironmine radius being wrong or something of the sorts. It got me wondering how it worked exactly. Anyone who knows or has an idea, please help. Also, do iron mines and gold mines have the same work radius?

Okay n reference to the graph below, would my iron mine get all the iron (marked with a X) if the iron mine was at W?

OOXOO OXO
OOXOO OXO
OOXOO OXO
-W-

Yes, there are supposed to be 2 diferent mountains.

Also, how many squares away will a coal miner work? I have had all sorts of ideas but I think my best theroy is that he will get all the coal under his mine and 1 square around his mine (5*5) and 1-3 pices of coal from 2 squares away (he won't finish the outer perimiter).

Anyone else have ideas?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Oct 2009, 00:52

I know exactly how all this works but I can't remember. :D See I had to work it out for the Remake, so I ran some tests. (I also checked the stone/woodcutter radii) I don't know the values off the top of my head but I could look them up if you're really interested. (I kept my notes somewhere)

Here is some stuff I remember:
- The ore can be in a different hill, as long as it is close enough to the mine. (as you showed in your first post)
- There is a "maximum radius" from which the miner will only reduce the ore to type 2. (where type 1 is smallest amount and type 4 is highest) Then, for each tile closer to the mine he will reduce it by one more. (so by one tile away he will remove it all) This applies to iron, gold and coal mines.
- The radius is different in each direction I think, e.g. the coal mine will mine more to the right.

Hope this helps, if someone is really interested I can give you the exact values for each direction.
Lewin.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Oct 2009, 01:07

Thanks Lewin, I have always wondered how this worked. You don't look for the exact numbers since I understand what you are saying (but if you just happen to find them again and you just happen to be on this forum, then... :wink: )
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

samlauncher

Peasant

Post 17 Jan 2011, 05:40

Appreciated info, its good to know..

Return to “General Talk”