i dont get CARDS

<<

olegasole

Knight

Post 08 Sep 2006, 23:44

i dont get CARDS

this is what they said on kights.de

The networked game

Special cards are available for the multi-player mode. They make the game really competitive and exciting. The cards are programmed with strategic components which are different than those available in the single player mode. To avoid having each player hanging around in his own backyard, so to speak, we situated a lot of sources of raw material between the players' locations, making confrontation necessary. Single cards for two or more players are also available, meaning that groups of players can oppose other groups, winning or losing as a unit. At least 10 or more multi-player cards will be available in the near future.
During the game the player can send messages, which are sent in single player mode. This enables the player to read incoming messages, if he has the time to do so. He/she can ascertain the source of the message, and, from that, the priority level, by simply reading the symbols, without actually reading the message itself. In some circumstances the computer will actually send a message from a fake source to a player. These fake messages will either be threatening, insulting, or begging for mercy. This breathes life into the normally passive computer opponent, and forces human opponents to be at their competitive best. There are three types of computer opponent: weak and helpless, neutral and constructive or aggressive and powerful. Just like the human players, the computer can and will break up alliances and form new ones.

what the........

CARDS WHERE CAN I GET THEM like this is wierd :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 13 Sep 2006, 19:25

Those were the dreams of the people at Joymania back in 1998, too bad they never got it from paper into reality. :P So in short, Joymania planned to include different kinds of AI personalities into multiplayer and making a lot smarter AI than the current one, but for some reason they never got around doing it. Why, is a question I can't answer, but we could guess that they didn't have enough time to finish it or just lacked the talent (which I highly doubt). The final release includes no AI in multiplayer at all.

The lost freatures section on my website also has a small piece of text explaining that part of text from knights.de.

Return to “General Talk”