Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

My sound stopped playing

<<

MichGal

Lance Carrier

Post 11 Dec 2008, 22:02

My sound stopped playing

I'm playing The New Lands and I'm on mission 5. I saved my game for the night. Started it back up the next night and no sound on the game. The KaM start up has sound. I can play the music. But I don't know when I'm under attack or when the doodoodooodooo sound comes up when theres a message. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my sound back.

The only idea I have is to uninstall everything and reinstall it again. That sounds draining. LOL

Thanks in advance.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Dec 2008, 22:11

Well have you checked the SFX setting under the options menu? Make sure it's turned up quite loud.

If the music is still playing then I have no idea what else it could be.
Lewin.
<<

Sir Peter

Rogue

Post 12 Dec 2008, 20:25

Sometimes, I have a problem that music stops even if it's under the settings "On". So I fix it when I click Off and On again, and music works! But with sounds... hmm
<<

MichGal

Lance Carrier

Post 14 Dec 2008, 01:21

I reinstalled my game and still don't have any sound. I have music. No narriation, no sounds of laborers, wine farmers, alert sounds, etc. Anyone have any ideas?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 Dec 2008, 03:29

I reinstalled my game and still don't have any sound. I have music. No narriation, no sounds of laborers, wine farmers, alert sounds, etc. Anyone have any ideas?
Hey! I think I just figured it out!!!!

Without KaM running, follow these instructions:
1. Find the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the Windows start bar.
2. Double click on that speaker icon (it says "Volume" when you hover the mouse)
3. In the window (dialogue) that appears, make sure that all of the sliders are up high and none of them have "Mute" checked. Especially check "Wave" and "SW Synth"
4. Run KaM and see if it is fixed.

My theory is this: The music and sound use different output controls, so one might be muted.

Let me know how that goes,
Lewin.
<<

MichGal

Lance Carrier

Post 14 Dec 2008, 17:58

Lewin,

Hi. I did what you said. The 2 things you told me to check was only up 1/2 way. It somewhat helped. I can hear the sounds now if I turn my speaker volume up a bit over 1/2 way. The speaker makes a very irritating noise though. I'd say the music is about 3 times louder than the SFX.

After I did what you told me I turned the SFX to 0 then turned it all the way back up. I turned the music on and off. Then I tried the SFX again. It didn't fix the problem.

I think I'm going to try to play a different game until I can get this fixed. I need to know when my troops are under attack. I can't keep checking the map every 30 seconds trying to see if I'm being creamed. LOL

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks Lewin....As Always, You are appreciated!!!
<<

Chrisco

Post 18 Aug 2013, 17:14

Re: My sound stopped playing

HI there.I got the same problem with the sound...I can hear the music but nothing else..the aol drivers are up to date..audio driver also...I even checked the older driver versions, no result..no matter how I connect the soun output there is no difference..I see I am not the only one with this problem..Im running good specs pc win7 64x got sound blaster x-fi titanum..plz someone help..

Return to “General Talk”