Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer Issues

<<

LeaWildcat

Serf

Yahoo Messenger: leawildcat89

Post 09 Jul 2006, 14:22

Multiplayer Issues

Can anyone tell me how to save a multiplayer game so that we can play at a later date? I've saved the game and then when we go to load it again it keeps telling us slot unavailable.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 09 Jul 2006, 22:06

This is a known bug in The Peasants Rebellion and there's no fix available for it. The problem is most likely the engine, so the ave file is correct but the game loads it inproperly.
<<

twelvespike

Rogue

Post 10 Jul 2006, 10:19

I have tried with various people to play multiplayer but so far its not worked. Any1 any ideas?!
<<

LeaWildcat

Serf

Post 10 Jul 2006, 12:40

I guess no fixes for the engine are going to be available any time soon. We have the Original KAM disk from Interactive magic, but the disk is scratched. We used to could play and save back then. Do you know what I might need to copy from that disk to be able to save?

As far as playing multiplayer, we play locally in the house. To get this to work we have to shut off all popup blockers, antivirus software, and firewalls. Launch the game and choose the IPX option. Sometimes it goes right off the bat other times we have to switch who hosts because it will lock up immediately. We could never get the 'box' to pop up that would let us enter an ip address. Trial and error we got the IPX option to work.

You might also want to try if you're running WinXP to set the .exe file to run in 95 or 98 mode. Go to the directory were the exe file is right click it and then click on the tab compatibility and select on of those and maybe it will work.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 11 Jul 2006, 13:42

There is not really much you can do to fix the multiplayer bug in TPR unless you're an extremely skilled ASM hacker (and even then it would be difficult considering that the real problem isn't known). In the original game the saving pretty much works so if you can install the game from your old CD then you will be able to play multiplayer.

Is there IPX multiplayer option in KaM? I never noticed that and always thought IPX was DOS only but seems like I have been proven wrong. I sometimes also get problems with the box popping up, but with some reboots it will eventually appear.

Using the compability mode under WinXP when playing KaM (at least TSK) actually breaks the game, yes B-R-E-A-K-S it. At least for me the game instantly crashes if I enable the compability mode and try to run it. I haven't tested it on other versions than 1.32 though, so it could work on 1.20, 1.30 or 1.31...

EDIT:
Forgot another thing, there's also another bug in the multiplayer in TPR that causes the game to desync after playing for some while. If you're playing on a LAN there shouldn't be any problems as your ping should be low, but when playing online it is extremely annyoing, which is why I stick to TSK in multiplayer. :D
<<

LeaWildcat

Serf

Post 11 Jul 2006, 23:34

IPX is an option on at least the version I have which lists it as 1.52SR. I downloaded it from here: http://www.topware.com/game_projects/project.php?l=en&game=4
This was the only place I could find that still had it since our disk was scratched and my kiddo wanted to play it again. I have no way to separate which one I load it came as a package type deal. Support there has been non-existant. Thanks anyway for the help.

We do have desyncing issues. Like on the kiddos computer it shows buildings and her serfs working but on mine no buildings and all her serfs standing there with question marks over their heads. Her favorite is when I destroy coal mines and build new ones. I still may only have 2 mines but on her computer it will never show me destroying them so she'll go 'Momma you got too many coal mines'. LOL

Return to “General Talk”