Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

60 minutes PT? Avoid like hell!

<<

Moist Face

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Mar 2016, 17:04

60 minutes PT? Avoid like hell!

This is going to be a post about why I think 90 minutes of peace time is too much.

I've had many people coming into my lobby and complaining that 60 or 70 min PT is not enough. Why?
Before they added the function to speed up multiplayer games, you would rarely see someone going beyond 75 min PT, that means that speed of the games was the only factor holding people from playing with long-ass PT.
"Why are you whining, kid? Don't you love it, when you can build everything without worrying about enemies?" That's the problem. There is no danger between choosing what to build first. Even if you go for weapons first, you will have enough time to set up your food economy later on. Most of the time when PT ends, you see laborers standing next to the inn idling or digging random fields outside of the town, because by the time PT is over, most of the buildings, if not all, are done and the laborers serve no purpose.
The difference in lower PT games is that there is more place for experimentation and strategy. You can go heavy on weapons, but this can leave you without food later on.
Go full on food and you might have nothing for defences. The stakes are higher and also games take less time to play out.
I might just be delusional and completely wrong. Doesn't matter.

Cheers!
<<

don artie

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Mar 2016, 03:07

Re: 60 minutes PT? Avoid like hell!

dont worry mate, your not alone. the last 100 kam games I played all 100 of them have been 60 pt games. You can get a complete town running and a good army in 60 minutes if you know something about the game. The password protected lobby's are the 60 pt with 1 speed lobb's and its the only ones I play. The general lobbys with 90x2.5x2 etc are just a waste of time if you ask me and many more. If you wanna learn more about 60pt and stuff try joining us on teamspeak. kamts.eu
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Mar 2016, 18:05

Please do not be a troll! It is a serious question.
Here it is the new clan tag:
[60]

trolololo :mrgreen:
<<

Moist Face

Woodcutter

Post 20 Mar 2016, 18:33

Please do not be a troll! It is a serious question.
Here it is the new clan tag:
[60]

trolololo :mrgreen:
You just gave me an awful idea.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 21 Mar 2016, 01:22

Moist Face, follow instructions to install Teamspeak 3 Client program, then join/enter the channel where all the KaM 60' players are always gathering. We usually play lots of good games together. There is overall decent level of players.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Moist Face

Woodcutter

Post 21 Mar 2016, 04:43

Moist Face, follow instructions to install Teamspeak 3 Client program, then join/enter the channel where all the KaM 60' players are always gathering. We usually play lots of good games together. There is overall decent level of players.
I've always hated teamspeak, but I guess I can give it another try.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Mar 2016, 14:00

You hate the KaM Teamspeak or just Teamspeak in general?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Moist Face

Woodcutter

Post 22 Mar 2016, 21:44

I hate it in general. I wouldn't know if I like the KaM group, because I've never joined it.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Mar 2016, 22:43

I agree Teamspeak is not quality software, but it is simple and I'm quite content with it. As for the KaM group, you very well may not like it. However, lately we have had several "groups" that are on the same server playing the same game, but do not interact together.

I recommend getting teamseapk, and tell any "randoms" (who also enjoy lower pt games) you encounter to join you there. Over time, you could have your own group of friends that you can play with every day.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “General Talk”