Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Can u guys help?

<<

Tibi

Peasant

Post 24 Oct 2015, 20:50

Can u guys help?

I wanted make a post and say things like this:

Hey guys, I was just wonder why we let some pathetic, inferiority complex guy ruin our game.
Its really nice, and all my respect for u TDL bcs archived administrator right in a 20 year old game, and im sure u feel really important and u think u have real power, but maybe just think about 1 sec.

U never play, u actually just show up and ruin actual players game by banning from TS (so they cant communicate with teammates), and the best part u didnt pay even 1 cent hosting fee.

U had probably a hard childhood, i undertstand , np, but maybe if u just sacrifice 1 min from ur valuable time, and ask google how friendships works (or any community), u could see jokes are included and tolerated.
Or maybe just find some anonymous forum and ask there (just u know, i want u feel comfortable).

BUT when i wrote all this bad (really-really bad, lifetime ban maybe?) things I just realised how smart is the kam community, so I must be wrong, and there is something I missing here.

So somebody can tell me what TDL does besides the bans?
Thanks the help.
Tibi
!MODBREAK: Mind your language, thank you. Oh and please try to create words next time, instead of collections of letters.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Oct 2015, 22:07

Re: Can u guys help?

Tdl is a respected community member that did a lot for the remake. He played a lot of games and helped tesy loads of betabuilds. He is also still making new maps on top of maps he made in the past. He earnes thosw administrator rights and he should still have them since there is barely anyone who is trustworthy on ts to be admin. The fact that he does not play does not mean he is not welcome.

A lot of kam retired players still hang around there just because there are non kam retired people they hang out with.

Lewin and krom play kam once a year at best, so thwy are not welcome? Anti is not playing kam, so should he not be admin of this forum and vps and is he not welcome? Revo and me arw retired so are ww not welcome?

I think you should actually stop whining and respect older community members. There is a fine linw between a joke and bullying and i trust that if tdl bans someone it is justified.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 24 Oct 2015, 22:11

I believe TDL became moderator here, and admin on TS, for a reason. I don't know what problem you have with him and what happens on TS (as I don't use it). So I think I have an objective view on your post. Your post - it's another rage post, expressing childlish behaviour that rules on TS (as I remember that many top TS players behave like this). If there's some kind of problem on TS, if your behaviour is not appropiate for TS, admin reacts. If you want to communicate with others really bad - there's Skype. I know about jokes and I'm sure, that if there'd be a joke atmosphere on TS, it could be handled there without bans. But I'm also sure, that some players don't know where the border with jokes is.

Btw, bringing someone's childhood, whether it's true or not, is so pathetic, that I don't really have words for the pathethic level of it... Great argument.

What TDL dose besides bans? Dunno what he does now, but he did help a lot in map making (also map making tips when it comes to me), bug finding, maps' testing, keeping community together and probably other stuff I don't know about. Question is, what did you, Tibi, beside bitching around on others and making pathetic posts on forum?
!MODBREAK: Please don't quote swears.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Oct 2015, 22:21

Hi Tibi,
Just want to clear up some things.
If there is someone in this community who'd diserve to be an administrator it's TheDarkLord.
I can already see from this post that you have no idea of what TDL does and has done for the game.
Not only he made an awesome campaign (which he is finishing atm for the remake(AMAZING), but he has been active since the very start of the remake and even before that. He helped several people with problems about with the game and even heard he helped person's with computer problems. He has done A LOT for the community.
What I just wrote was probably only half of the things he does or did for KaM.
And besides his part in this, I should also mention that he is a very very kind, nice and sincerly person.
I've known him for a while now and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks in the same positive way of TDL.

About bans and stuff. I am not a admin myself, but I surely know people will only get banned if there's a very good reason for it. I understand you and others like to make jokes and troll around, this is absolutely tolorated in my opinon. But only if it's been done in a appropiate way.

I am sure you didn't want to be mean to anyone, but I still wanted to post this comment, because I think it's important to respect everyone who is active here, which doesn't mean you have to becaume big friends ofc.

So I hope you'll just think a little bit more positive of TDL because it's a really nice guy and please let's just stay friendly to everyone, this community is already not that big ;)

Just to clear things up, I have nothing against you or others, I enjoy our games, just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't judge people without listening to the otherman's story :D

See you all on Ts soon :)
Siem
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Oct 2015, 00:02

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Aside from posting childish memes though, I have to admit that I have nothing to actually add to what has already been written :$ )
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tibi

Peasant

Post 25 Oct 2015, 04:12

Well, im glad u referred TS rules.

"In the unfortunate event of deviant behaviour, warnings may need to be issued. A warning can only be issued by an administrator, and only after at least two administrators have discussed the pending warning. Upon reaching a specified accumulation of warnings, a user will receive a ban. The list is as follows:
• 3 warnings: One-day bans
• 5 warnings: Two-week-ban
• 6+ warnings: User's standing will be discussed by administrators
Warnings may be appealed if two or more administrators deem the appeal is appropriate."

for only WARNINGS!

If u want to know, I did literally nothing, i just used other player name bcs i wanted being spec in one game,and he without any talk with me about this, or warning, or even talk with other admins just autobanned.

Maybe u guys could see better how 'necessarily' was the ban, if i just quote what Ben said after this:
"I wish he didn't ban you. It's against the way I designed this server.
I'm very very sorry about this. It sucks that I can't take it back."

its really funny u guys defend him without any information, and u guys so sure he only ban when its neceseraly, but he defintely dont.

Maybe u seem this is a bitching, but to be honest its not about he ruined my all game today with this ban and I rage, I only made this post bcs i enjoy this game, and i dont want admins like him, who dont follow the rules and just destroy players game.

Its not like he is nice or isnt, maybe he is nice guy generally, but unfortunaly this is not enough make him good administrator, he is tipically the guy with some complex who cant handle any power (ofc maybe i wrong but for me its really seems like this), thats all.

Sado was one of the most active admin, who actually fixed problems, and did admin job, and u know why he quit admin?
Bcs he didnt agreed with TDL methods for ’fixing’ problems.

I really hope u guys will think about this, and maybe some of u will see more clearly.
As for me its my last post about him,imo guys like him not worth any time, but I hope we will play some good game.

Tibi
!MODBREAK: Same as for your start post.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Oct 2015, 08:03

Seeing as you can't even form normal sentences, I was actually going to delete your topic and hoping you'd come back later with a normal topic.
However, seeing as a lot of people already replied to you and since you're making some serious accusations I felt it'd be better to just fix your posts.
U never play, u actually just show up and ruin actual players game by banning from TS (so they cant communicate with teammates), and the best part u didnt pay even 1 cent hosting fee.
No offence dude, but this just made me laugh out loud. Literally. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Me taking you seriously: -1.
U had probably a hard childhood, i undertstand , np, but maybe if u just sacrifice 1 min from ur valuable time, and ask google how friendships works (or any community), u could see jokes are included and tolerated.
Or maybe just find some anonymous forum and ask there (just u know, i want u feel comfortable).
Seriously? What is this? A complaint about a ban he gave you, or just plain bashing an Administrator? Me taking you seriously: -2.
BUT when i wrote all this bad (really-really bad, lifetime ban maybe?) things I just realised how smart is the kam community, so I must be wrong, and there is something I missing here.

So somebody can tell me what TDL does besides the bans?
Wow, alright. You might really be interested in what TDL does besides banning. Since everyone else has already given you the answer, luckily I don't have to. But for showing interest in TDL's occupations, I'l give you a +1. Me taking you seriously: -1.
...Teamspeak rules...
If u want to know, I did literally nothing, i just used other player name bcs i wanted being spec in one game,and he without any talk with me about this, or warning, or even talk with other admins just autobanned.
Alright.. so you feel like he banned you improperly..
Why not ask him why he banned you? Why not contacting another Administrator through PM because you felt wrong? Nope, it's way easier to go on a public rampage on a forum. Unfortunately for you, the latter makes no one take you seriously, including me: -2.
Maybe u guys could see better how 'necessarily' was the ban, if i just quote what Ben said after this:
"I wish he didn't ban you. It's against the way I designed this server.
I'm very very sorry about this. It sucks that I can't take it back."
I have no idea if Ben actually said this, but I'll ask him.
its really funny u guys defend him without any information, and u guys so sure he only ban when its neceseraly, but he defintely dont.
It's really funny. You bash on him without any information, and you're so sure he only bans because it's fun, but he definitely doesn't. -3.
Maybe u seem this is a bitching, but to be honest its not about he ruined my all game today with this ban and I rage, I only made this post bcs i enjoy this game, and i dont want admins like him, who dont follow the rules and just destroy players game.
If this was really the case, you would've contacted KaM.net staff by PM or would've written decent forum posts. You know, with arguments.. -4.
Sado was one of the most active admin, who actually fixed problems, and did admin job, and u know why he quit admin?
Bcs he didnt agreed with TDL methods for ’fixing’ problems.
I'm not aware of this being the reason, but sure, I'll ask him.
I really hope u guys will think about this, and maybe some of u will see more clearly.
As for me its my last post about him,imo guys like him not worth any time, but I hope we will play some good game.
I hope to God it's your last post about him. So, just for hoping for the best you get a +1, which ends you on a -3 on the me taking you seriously scale.

Fortunately for you I'm in a good mood and I'll try to find out what happened.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Oct 2015, 09:36

Wow, I don't even know where to start. Good morning? :P I wonder... What did you expect me to do? If you're trying to trick me you need to do a better job.
I guess I'll just reply to some things written here.
Hey guys, I was just wonder why we let some pathetic, inferiority complex guy ruin our game.
Its really nice, and all my respect for u TDL bcs archived administrator right in a 20 year old game, and im sure u feel really important and u think u have real power, but maybe just think about 1 sec.
I'm not asking for your respect or kindness. What I do ask from you is to behave properly, which you didn't.
This is actually pretty funny because it shows you don't know anything about me. :) I had a great childhood, thanks for caring. ;)
This is a good one too. 'I did literally nothing'. 'I just used other player's name'. So you contradict yourself in the next sentence already. Wow, hard to take seriously. So for everyone who wasn't there I will explain the situation. I was asked by 'Thunder' to play a game. But I noticed from the way he communicated it wasn't Thunder. I started to ask questions to find out if it was really Thunder or not. In the end this 'Thunder' was becoming rather unfriendly. Since it was obviously someone trying to trick me, I banned the guy. I didn't know who it was. Should I have asked? Would I have unveiled the truth? No way. :rolleyes:
However, had you contacted me on the forum, I could have unbanned you. I honestly believed it was someone using a proxy, so I figured that he could simply join again with a different IP. But no, you chose for this stupid rampage here, trying to undermine me. I'm not surprised. :)
Its not like he is nice or isnt, maybe he is nice guy generally, but unfortunaly this is not enough make him good administrator, he is tipically the guy with some complex who cant handle any power (ofc maybe i wrong but for me its really seems like this), thats all.
Again, this shows you know nothing about me. But there is some truth to it, I admit. You see, in the many years I have been here I always tried (and I think also succeeded in doing so) to handle stuff like this with patience, trying to find out the truth before acting. But yes, maybe my patience has been tested just a few times too many. Do you think it is fun when you join a lobby on TeamSpeak and someone says 'Who are you' while the guy does know me, and another says 'Get the **** out of here' while I didn't even do anything, or someone who pokes me an insult just before he leaves TeamSpeak? I don't really care, I can handle that type of behaviour, but then don't cry when I hit back. :)
If you ask something nicely, it gets you much further than when you act aggressively and 'demand' stuff to happen. Again, I don't need you to like me or anything, but we should be able to communicate like adults, right? If I really intended to abuse my admin powers I could have permabanned all of you, right...? :?

@Disco, Tiank, Siem, Esthlos, thanks for the kind words/meme. :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 25 Oct 2015, 09:52

Why not ask him why he banned you? Why not contacting another Administrator through PM because you felt wrong?
From Tibi's posts, it's clear that he talked to Ben about it.

I will never agree with the point of view of some people that think dicsoupcan, TDL, Revo, etc. shouldn't sit on TS because they don't play this game since years. It's their business, not yours. But I guess that's not what I was supposed to talk about. And you should really keep some comments (like the childhood one) to yourself Tibi, when you're trying to make a successful forum rant xD

My name was brought up in the discussion. Why did I quit being an admin? Because I felt like I was the only active admin out there. It's hardly anyone's fault; and maybe what I said is a little unfair towards Ben, who was really as active as his real life permitted him to. But we never really had people that I'd trust enough to give them admin rights on the server. To was recently made admin, and that's about the only person I know will do the right thing. Romek is a natural, and I'd make him an admin long time ago, however I knew his way of maintaining a TeamSpeak server would be much different - less official. So the problem isn't exactly the fact that our admins except me and Ben were long inactive. It's a problem that we never had better people for the job. Lewin has his own stuff to do instead of playing KaM and Anti was always known to be the technical admin out there, barely having any time for it, not to even mention time to play KaM. If you guys know some people that should become admins, feel free to give me the names.

I think my opinion on the yet unmentioned case of banning Mexican T is needed as well. He did wrong and I couldn't talk him to his senses on stopping harassing TDL and others. On the other hand though, these things hardly matter for the active players in the community. They were only angry at the admin who banned Mexican T (me) because the ban meant they can't have a fun game (TS access is almost essential to have fun and to have a good game). Active players deal with these things differently. If they dislike each other, they might insult each other and not want to play in one team, but I guess that's the way it is, there weren't many cases of people reporting to admins against each other. I don't really know why TDL is the black horse in that story, however. At some point he simply blocked Mexican T and stopped bothering with his pokes etc., which was probably the right thing to do. From what I remember, he followed our unspoken admin rule "if you were involved in a problem/fight/... with someone on TS, report it but let the other admins decide, to avoid being biased".
<<

LadyPauline

Queen of the Iron Age

Post 25 Oct 2015, 10:51

Wow, I don't even know where to start. Good morning? :P I wonder... What did you expect me to do? If you're trying to trick me you need to do a better job.
I guess I'll just reply to some things written here.

This is a good one too. 'I did literally nothing'. 'I just used other player's name'. So you contradict yourself in the next sentence already. Wow, hard to take seriously. So for everyone who wasn't there I will explain the situation. I was asked by 'Thunder' to play a game. But I noticed from the way he communicated it wasn't Thunder. I started to ask questions to find out if it was really Thunder or not. In the end this 'Thunder' was becoming rather unfriendly. Since it was obviously someone trying to trick me, I banned the guy. I didn't know who it was. Should I have asked? Would I have unveiled the truth? No way. :rolleyes:
However, had you contacted me on the forum, I could have unbanned you. I honestly believed it was someone using a proxy, so I figured that he could simply join again with a different IP. But no, you chose for this stupid rampage here, trying to undermine me. I'm not surprised. :)
Finally we know who is 'mysterious' Thunder. We talked about it few times with Real Thunder and long time didn't know who can it be. Now our Thunder (real one) is using other nickname because of this situation.
Using other nicknames for fun is often and nothing is wrong with it, besides using true names of official people. In this matter you did wrong Tibi.

TS stuff is not my business so ill not talk about it, I'm just confused because in fact it's second attack to TDL in last few months.

But anyways... hope the situation will be clear soon enough and everybody will be happy. This is what I wish You all guys :)
<<

Tibi

Peasant

Post 25 Oct 2015, 17:03

Actually my first post was more like a troll first part + a question why is he admin, u know when u got ban like this, without any good reason, u want do some bad thing at least..:)
i thought it was pretty oblivios, special after i made this pretty clearly with the start, but i actually understood u guys really dont get this here, i accept this, and im really sorry bcs mention horrible argument things like childhood, and ofc sorry bcs the language. I hope we can get over it.

I never said is there any problem with hanging on TS without playing, or explayers are not welcomed, or anything, i just wanted to reffer that he is not plays, so he doesnt know the players,and he is really almost never on TS, so he got no clue about ts kam games, special how we joke with each about.

Im sure u guys think im wrong but for me this story look like this:
I didnt hurt anybody, it was really not even trolling. (really sorry for using the word ’literally’..).
U broke the TS rules, multiple times.
Im the bad guy and u are the good admin here (ur forum friends started defend u without even know the story,nice) and u are the victim here also bcs rude guys hurt u on TS.
I used thunder name first, but yeah, at least I know finally that im the famous fake thunder. Ok.
And yes thanks to not ban everybody on TS permamently really, u are the best admin ever.
The worst thing i ever made is probably this topic, i was bored and always seemed so fun, so i tried, sorry.
I honestly believed it was someone using a proxy, so I figured that he could simply join again with a different IP. But no, you chose for this stupid rampage here, trying to undermine me. I'm not surprised. :)
So u ban bcs u thought the ban will useless, yeah its so logic problem solving.
or idk maybe just stop ban without any real reason, and without try solve the problem in normal way (or just stick with the TS rules) so ppl dont need ask u to unban in PM. (and maybe less ppl will hate u on TS)

I can really accept that im completely wrong about ur personality, and u want really help ppl around here, but i hope one day u can maybe accept that u are a horrible TS admin and would be better for everyone (including u) if u just dont being admin anymore, and just focus on forum where u know ppl and u can help them.

But I give up really, i was stupid when i switched from troll post and tried explain, its pretty meaningless, there are many great medical help for guys like u, i hope its not to late.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Oct 2015, 17:37

This makes me laugh; how in the world do you expect me to take you seriously if you make posts like that? If you're not able to communicate like an adult, I won't treat you like one.
I am willing to talk to you about it, here or through pm's, but not if you make bs posts like those. I'm not wasting my time.
<<

Weekend

Farmer

Post 25 Oct 2015, 19:51

So you faked someone on ts and got a ban? Where is the problem? I dont unterstand the shit you write against TDL. You are a nice guy normaly but maybe you spent to much time with Mexican T lately
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 26 Oct 2015, 11:41

So you rage about a ban, then say it was a trollpost and now you say you are trying to be serious? Nice logic. Listen kid, if you need to lie and insult to cover up your flawed logic and lack of arguments then you might aswell not have started this at all in the first place.

I know this might be new to you and it might hurt. But have you tried to think rationally? Or be nice and talk things out instead of having a tantrum like a spoiled brat if things do not go how you want? Diplomacy (google the definition will you) is powerful if used right.

I assume you ignore all of this so i will summarize it for you to make it easier: broke rule -> banworthy -> stop whining.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Oct 2015, 13:50

Maybe we all need to calm down. Nothing is being accomplished by insulting each other.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “General Talk”