Post 10 Sep 2015, 10:02

Re: I decided to not play this game anymore

lousy reason to stop playing. pathetic.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Sep 2015, 18:58

If he wants to play with you, he has to have "game history".
If he wants to have a "game history", he has to play with someone.

Well... Shitty situation.
<<

Trip

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 20 Sep 2015, 11:49

Sorry for this late reply. But I do understand his situation. Most groups that are already playing for quite some time are very hesistant to let 'new' players play with them. I had lobbies where some guys had joined for like 5-10 minutes only to be kicked when someone joined the host knew. If you want to play with non-random players just share a new pw with these players and be done with it. I think most players that know the standard pw have played this game for more then a couple of hours and would like to step up their game a little. I say give them that chance and let them play. It doesnt have to be a boring game even when its like 6 new guys in the lobby. If they are both divided evenly it is no problem at all and you can still have 2 really good guys against each other. I also took a brake from this game since the last few games I tried to play were only lobbies that went on for hours without ever starting a game. I even got kicked when I started hosting that game myself for crying out loud after the hosting rights were passed around.
I also think the EE challenge or whatever challenge for that matter are nothing more then a challenge in a real game it mostly doesnt come down to what challenges you passed. What is more important is teamwork, tactics, knowing what resources you or your team should have in 5 minutes. I met a lot of guys that were very good economy players but horrible in teamwork or tactics and they mostly lost to a more coordinated but overall weaker team.
The best solution to this problem though would be a matchmaking system or a ranking system. Which takes into account what game settings people played on what opposition there was etc. But yeah that requires a person with knowledge, spare time, dedication and resources to make this happen which I sadly am not. If only some kind of number could be addressed to a player it would speed up so many lobbies I think and more enjoyable games would come from it.
The passworded lobbies are great to keep out trolls total beginners etc but if you filter after the players already joined the lobby it makes starting up the game very slow and after a while will make people 'quit' the game because its really frustrating to not even be able to play a game after waiting a long time.
What I also thought about is to have a couple of demo's or statistics of recently played 60/1/1 games directly accessible in the lobby. It would still be a problem to start the first few games but after a while your statistics will get more consistent and you have some indication what your skill is for the other players.
Anyway I think this is a topic which might be very important for this game. So I wanted to say what I thought about it since I usually never post on forums.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 23 Sep 2015, 03:06

First you must join TeamSpeak kamts.eu channel.
There you will find players who usually are also left out of the "favourite lobby", which often has the players that play together and just let 1-2 "outer players" play with them. The "outer players" are anyone they don't see as equal in terms of skill (base build, PT army).

I do agree the EE challenges don't help you to gain reputation for the "favourite lobby", but it's at least a passport to be invited into "medium lobby" with the other "outer players".

Ideas such as matchmaking system or ranking system were proposed already like 4 years ago, but were discarded because developers of KaM Remake would have had too much work to do, and too little benefit (small community).
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

TheodorKarlsruhe

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 23 Sep 2015, 22:03

Hope nobody leaves and the playing community will grow. KAM ist such a great, spectacular game, I would not like to miss it. Play every night 1-2 games, i love it :D

Greetings, Theo
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 28 Sep 2015, 15:28

I really dont get the problem here.. Its normal for people to play with people they know (in benefit of a game without laggers and leavers)
Thats just the way it works here.. And in other games and reallife too.. Surround yourself with people you "trust" uhum..
Just playing the game for a little while with the same name should be enough for people to recognize you and let you play with them. I dont care if someone is good or bad or lags a little bit.. As long as they dont fuck up the game they are welcome with me. Just try to "befriend" some of these guys in game and youll have no problem playing nice games.
Et ego vici
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 28 Sep 2015, 15:32

I also think the EE challenge or whatever challenge for that matter are nothing more then a challenge in a real game it mostly doesnt come down to what challenges you passed. What is more important is teamwork, tactics, knowing what resources you or your team should have in 5 minutes. I met a lot of guys that were very good economy players but horrible in teamwork or tactics and they mostly lost to a more coordinated but overall weaker team.
The best solution to this problem though would be a matchmaking system or a ranking system. Which takes into account what game settings people played on what opposition there was etc.
Before u can do that stuff.. lets start with registered accounts first hehe
Et ego vici
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 05 Nov 2015, 19:59

Hey!

I changed my mind and during 2-3 weeks I played about 20 games 60/1/1.
I also asked Kirelareus to join R.A.: and was never kicked:)

Maybe my reaction was not proper, maybe yes (I mean previous posts). I will try to do 30 swords and 30 bows after pt and focus on army rather than building.
Because I build too much, my army after pt is not so cool yet.

Here is my request to Kam community: do you have any games of Jeronimo? He is a decent builder and I really appreciate his game style.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Nov 2015, 03:23

Oh jeeze does anyone have that 7 hour game from the tournament? That's prime example of Jeromino xD
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 06 Nov 2015, 17:49

My today game against Cytla.

24 swords and more than 25 wooden weapons after pt + >5 horses.
How to play better? Any comments would be highly appreciated!

PS. I still do some fatal mistakes: sorry guys for the last game againt SWAT, Koczis and Mandos...

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 06 Nov 2015, 17:50

Oh jeeze does anyone have that 7 hour game from the tournament? That's prime example of Jeromino xD
I need to have this:))))
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 06 Nov 2015, 18:39

Maybe my reaction was not proper, maybe yes (I mean previous posts).
Nah man dont worrie... As long as everybody is respectfull to eachother discussions are always good xD

Glad u gained back ur joy for playing
Et ego vici
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 06 Nov 2015, 19:09

My today game against Cytla.

How to play better? Any comments would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
After thorough inspectation and intensive research my amateur opinion is:

Should've made 4th quarry little bit sooner? SInce builder(s) died because of waiting too long for stone.. Further idk really.. looks like a pretty hard map to me there are probably a lot of guys/girl here that can give u better tips than this one xD.. Im surprised u managed to get enough food though well played
Et ego vici
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 08 Nov 2015, 21:08

I need to have this:))))
http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/foru ... 379#p44379

Almost 4 hours. It holds the record of longest match and spam.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 09 Nov 2015, 17:24

Thanks Jeronimo for a link.

Return to “General Talk”