Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I decided to not play this game anymore

<<

Stocky

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 16 Nov 2015, 11:31

Re: I decided to not play this game anymore

I think there are lot of people who would like to play on higher lvl then random lobby but problem is that ts players play ONLY 60 1 1. I remember there was fb group called "kam remake Europe" where people played different settings and it got huge over the time (130+ppl). And I understand that not everybody wants to just "build" a whole hour with uncertain future after pt ends. Most of the games end after 1:30and even if the game is long 2hours still its 50 50.

I also saw quite some games w 60 1,5 1 and this is just best for me and Im sure players would play that as well. Its little bit harder but you still can make some nice stats w minimal mistakes. I respect your settings but you must know that about 99% of people just dont want to play that and its fine but you hardly get somebody new..
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Nov 2015, 00:31

Well I see people playing 100+ pt at 2.5x speed (and not to mention random games are nearly ONLY cursed ravine or some edit of it). That's already getting close to an hour anyway... why not just play 60 at 1.5 speed?

Playing at really high speeds takes most skill out of building. Instead of making your builders more efficient by microing, players go the lazy route and just speed the game up so they can just watch things happen. Top players prefer to keep the skill in the game to make it more interesting.

You are, of course, welcome to make your own group on TS. Try joining with a friend and player with other guys not on TS. Do this enough times and you'll have your own group going with your fast speeds and campy maps ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Stocky

Recruit

Post 17 Nov 2015, 12:36

It is like that because new players see only cursed bonus maps when they join fisrt time. And if you consider 1,5 in PT fast try that there is no problem make 30 40+. It's only harder nothing less that that not to mention that you save quite some time. There's no big bonus doing that other then "chit chatting". 1.0 speed in PT is imho lazy. But please don't be disrespectful if you just can't play it well. This is also reason why I don't play on ts. Some of you seems arrogant and I don't get it when you dont even know how others play..
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2015, 13:03

There are some game possibilities with these speed settings.
There are lots of PROs and CONs. If i know well there is a topic for this...

But 'save time' is maybe the biggest b.ll.h..t ever. Im sorry but it's true. Theoretical the game is faster...Yes, it's true...BUT
Laggers...
Leavers...
Ragers...
Pls go back to lobby...
Lagging again...
FPS...
Commmmon still FPS...
Waiting afk guys in the lobby also funny...
Losing connection...

All of these makes the game longer. Okay, its not because of the speed.

TS players are arrogant...I won't say disagree, but yes Sometimes they are mad (H)
Anyway TS has more rooms :wink:

Oh and the main difference between 3x and 1x speed is the KaM feeling. Feeling of the perfectionism.
:'( Cursed Ravine...I deleted all versions...(except the original one, but nobody play that :| )

What I always say, 'save time' and enjoy the quality!
<<

Stocky

Recruit

Post 17 Nov 2015, 16:20

First of all let's clear this up. I am not deffending here 90pt or 3x speed. I don't play that nor cursed ravine.
Even though those points were valid this is more about people around. I have essential respect for 1x speed of course I played single before remake many times.
It's about preference. There's nothing to talk about but it's really cutting comunity of players to the different "groups" and that's a exact opposite what you want from multiplayer game. I don't have solution just thought about this many times before. :)
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Nov 2015, 18:19

To me it also looks like there is an somewhat older generation (60x1x1 high build/tactic skills) and a little bit younger generation(90x3/2.5x2) and there is just a huge difference in what they want to play. The older generation seem to not mind waiting in lobby for a while for a good game with good players(the problem sim started with about getting kicked everywhere/password lobbies) and they seem to aprreciate the game more. The younger generation is more like fill up the lobby, play the game (good or bad doenst matter) and then quickly finish it..

There is just a huge gap between these 2 sorts of players. Actually they are pretty much totally the opposite. But then again.. Dont all games have different kinds of players. I think this is better for the community since there will be more players playing games then in a scenario where u have to choose to play 60x1x1 or a long fast game.
Et ego vici
<<

TheodorKarlsruhe

Blacksmith

Post 24 Nov 2015, 22:59

I love the 3x time fast game, also 2,5 is good. It gives you the oppurtunity to build fast things and create your world as you wish it, without beeing boring.
No pains, no gains
<<

LadyPauline

Queen of the Iron Age

Post 28 Nov 2015, 14:46

Somehow i feel I can build my city better when i have 3x more time to think about building things, also when i have time to use special tricks which are imposible when play 2x + speed... The same in fight, many ways to trick the enemy when action is slower and we have 3x more time to reaction. Boring in building... well im bored when i build school, its really annoying, this one construcion, first building, its like im waiting days. but After This! no boring, all the time something to do, to plan, to think about the near or far future... Using imagination helps alot in this game, and this is my solution to kill boredom. And hey, about 'creating the world i wish', it never happend on 2x+ speed to be honest.
<<

=DjPilaGila=

Farmer

Post 09 Dec 2015, 14:10

I'm wondering, I'm new to the community and the MP games, I know the game mechanics but I want to learn more and I'm eager to play against experienced players so I can learn from it, not just one time but on a regular base. I've set goals to myself to be an experienced player and improve myself and my gamestyle in KMR.

But as I was reading this topic, most experienced players block off newbies like me because they dont know me and I don't have a game history...

Comes the next question in my mind, how do I even get a history if players gonna kick me out anyways??

And, how do they ''recruit'' new ones so that the community can grow? I have to learn it somehow (not by tutorials, but just by serious playing)
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 09 Dec 2015, 22:50

I'm wondering, I'm new to the community and the MP games, I know the game mechanics but I want to learn more and I'm eager to play against experienced players so I can learn from it, not just one time but on a regular base. I've set goals to myself to be an experienced player and improve myself and my gamestyle in KMR.

But as I was reading this topic, most experienced players block off newbies like me because they dont know me and I don't have a game history...

Comes the next question in my mind, how do I even get a history if players gonna kick me out anyways??

And, how do they ''recruit'' new ones so that the community can grow? I have to learn it somehow (not by tutorials, but just by serious playing)

Try joining the Teamspeak at least to introduce yourself.. then you will be able to play in passworded servers and with experienced players.. Teamspeak adress is somewhere on this website.. Thats probably a good way to start.. Further look on tuturials on youtube.. KAM tuturials KAM shoutcasts... U should be able to learn a lot
Et ego vici
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Dec 2015, 06:11

Also to answer the latter part of your post, you can always try and recruit "randoms" to join you on Teamspeak. You don't nessesarily need to play with only Teamspeak players. You can play with your recruits against other randoms. The goal is to eventually create your own group of players n Teamspeak.

I really hope someone does this some day. It's kind of a dream of mine :)

Now getting a reference to play in a "pro" TS game...that can be tricky. If you want, you can play me 1v1 so I can get an idea of your skill level. This is very important for balancing.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

=DjPilaGila=

Farmer

Post 10 Dec 2015, 14:48

Try joining the Teamspeak at least to introduce yourself.. then you will be able to play in passworded servers and with experienced players.. Teamspeak adress is somewhere on this website.. Thats probably a good way to start.. Further look on tuturials on youtube.. KAM tuturials KAM shoutcasts... U should be able to learn a lot
Well thats just the thing I dont wanna do, I cant learn from youtube videos by just watching... I'm more like, dive in and swim your way out. The idea behind this, is to create your own gamestyle and learn from your own mistakes.

For example, yesterday played a SP map against 3 AI players (The AI has been improved as hell I noticed :P), 30 minutes later I had:

- School
- 3 Stonemasons
- 2 woodcutters
- 1 woodmill
- 3 farms
- 2 mills
- 2 bakery

If I compare this with the stats known in this forum, then I have to work really hard on my city planning/strategy because this is far to slow (no doubt about that). This way I learn to be more efficient. Think its a good start to explore my experience.
Also to answer the latter part of your post, you can always try and recruit "randoms" to join you on Teamspeak. You don't nessesarily need to play with only Teamspeak players. You can play with your recruits against other randoms. The goal is to eventually create your own group of players n Teamspeak.

I really hope someone does this some day. It's kind of a dream of mine :)

Now getting a reference to play in a "pro" TS game...that can be tricky. If you want, you can play me 1v1 so I can get an idea of your skill level. This is very important for balancing.
Would love to play 1v1, but go easy on me :P if you read above, I am not that skilled at all and need to improve first to give you a good game at least ;)
<<

KNoeDL

Serf

Post 10 Dec 2015, 15:44

if you are starting a training company then i will join, ben. :D i really want some innovative players to train 60 1 1 and lower.
<<

=DjPilaGila=

Farmer

Post 10 Dec 2015, 16:53

if you are starting a training company then i will join, ben. :D i really want some innovative players to train 60 1 1 and lower.
In that case, count me in as well! Maybe PM about it should go easier?
<<

SimCity

Lance Carrier

Post 12 Dec 2015, 14:43

Hi,

Haha, really interesting post. Very similar to mine case.
What is your inspiration to playing the game?
Do you know, that there are other interesting things, like Front-End and so on:)?

There is not any template how to build, but you should be able to do at least 20 swords and 25 bows pretty soon. Even if it is not any particular result, you could be able to survive after pt.
Just do what you can in 60 and then use Jeronimo's plan: build constantly.
Then you can beat everyone, because 60/1/1 community is lazy: only Jero and a few folks build after pt. A lot of them is just complaining about everything and decide to do bad attacks.
Hope to see you one sunny day, but I did not play for more than month or even more and wont change this state of thing.

With Best wishes,

Mex T best f(r)iend,
Sim

Return to “General Talk”