Where to start?

<<

Calmar

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Jan 2014, 20:31

Where to start?

Hi all!

I discovered this message board by chance and now my old fanscination for Knights and Merchants has been reignited. The game looks still so good after all those years and it's absolutely awesome that it has such a great, active community! :)

I was 12 back when the Shattered Kingdom was released and I thought it was tough as hell. Also, sadly there wasn't an option to play single player scenarios against the AI or to create own maps. Would be great if things were more favourable to me now.

Some Questions:

Does The Peasants Rebellion allow you to select single scenarios where you fight against the AI, or is it still human vs human only?
Does it include a map-editor, or must it be downloaded separately?
Are there higher screen resolutions available now than in SK?
Are there any patches or mods necessary to fully enjoy the game?

In case it's already explained somewhere - no offense meant! Please point me in the right direction. :)

Thank you so much for your answers and help.
Last edited by Calmar on 29 Jan 2014, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Jan 2014, 20:44

Re: Where to start?

well here are some awnsers

yes, but AI is not fully ready yet
yes
yes
no

hope I awnsered your questions :D
Last edited by dicsoupcan on 13 Sep 2021, 13:50, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Disco, stop with all the typos! :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 29 Jan 2014, 21:22

Ehm disco. I think he isn´t regarding to remake, but to tpr like he just wrote (Unless he posted it in the Knights and Merchants Section and not in the Remake Section) :D

Yeah there are ai missions (single player mission) that start like you with some army and build their village from the storehosue.
No there is no map editor in TPR, only in the REMAKE!
No, only 1024x768 is the max resolution. The Remake allows resolutions up to 1920x1080
For tpr, yeah get the newest SR Patch. When you wanna play online (without ai) try the Remake, no patch needed there. :-)

So in general:

You have to buy TPR. When you have it, i give you this tip:

When you want to play sp missions like the campaigns or sp missions, play the TPR Game, with thenewest Patch. Ai works still better than in the remake.

When you want to discover new way of maps and get one new fan campaign, also full supporter multiplayer, then get the REMAKE For Free :-) , you just have to bought tpr, to be able to install the Fan Remake :-) http://www.kamremake.com

Here you find the newest patch for !The Peasants Rebellion: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1647
<<

Calmar

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Jan 2014, 22:31

Many, many thanks for your help!

Return to “General Talk”