Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

multiplayer freeze?

<<

Jhebson

Serf

Post 11 Feb 2008, 11:55

multiplayer freeze?

i had a try at multiplayer over hamachi after finding this site. i tried with someone twice, but both times the game froze when it started/showed the map and units.

i havent tried with anyone else yet, but i was wondering if anyone's seen this problem before?

i'm running 1.32, but im using a NoCD crack (because my game tells me i dont have a KaM CD in the drive, when i do... it doesnt seem to find the CD, does anyone know how to fix that?)

<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Feb 2008, 13:58

Well, to your problem with the KaM CD:
-Is your CD corrupted?
-Try to use a other drive
-Swapp drive-letters
-Reinstall Patch + Game

Freezing...hmh...never heard of that. We just get hamachi-problems ... Maybe you should turn off antivirus, firewalls, ICQ, MSN etc.
And DSL is needed, otherwise your internet is too slow for hamachi :?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 11 Feb 2008, 21:36

Don't know where I should draw the policy of discussing no-cd cracks. Anyways, is the CD you are using by chance the hotgames release? From what I know, that release is pretty much unofficial. Another problem could be that Knights and Merchants must be in your primary CD drive.
Try putting your CD into your CD drive and then open up e.g. Windows Media Player and check if it lists your Knights and Merchants game CD as an audio CD. If it does, I don't know what the problem is. If it doesn't, you either have a bad CD (HotGames release, warez) or your computer isn't configured to read RedBook audio.
<<

Jhebson

Serf

Post 12 Feb 2008, 11:49

firstly, the reason i had to resort to a nocd crack is that my computer wouldn't find the CD ... i have a perfectly legal copy of kam.

i had a look round the internet, and as said, people suggest you put the cd in the primary cd drive; the problem is my primary cd drive doesnt read anything.
is there another way? :?

in response to rotahcrem:
- i have 2 cds, unlikely theyre both corrupted... i bought them when kam came out in the uk.
- other drive doesnt work
-swap drive letters? in windows or the hardware themselves?
- done this :wink:

thanks for replies
<<

Merchator

Sword Fighter

Post 12 Feb 2008, 15:08

In Windows.
After that it worked for me without any problems :wink:
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 12 Feb 2008, 16:19

Or maybe just unattach the broken CD-drive? Sounds easier to me.
<<

Jhebson

Serf

Post 12 Feb 2008, 17:59

aaah! thanks! it works :)

i changed the letter of the CD drive in windows (help page here if anyone needs it) and it works fine.

even better, my cd music now plays too... i previously had to rip KaM's music off the cd and play it with media player :lol:
<<

Sandslash

Serf

Post 18 Aug 2011, 19:47

I have the same problem now =/ It tells me to insert a CD, which is clearly in the cdrom. Maybe it is because of the daemon tools? That it has created an additional cd drive?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 Aug 2011, 14:51

Yes, if I remember correctly KaM TSK will check the last CD drive you have, so that will be the Daemon Tools one for you. I think this can be fixed by upgrading to version 1.32. Get it from the downloads section of the website.
If that doesn't work try following the instructions at the link posted above by Jhebson. Switch your real CD drive letter with your Daemon tools one.
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 20 Aug 2011, 09:15

I think it's exactly the opposite, as in it checks only the primary CD drive (the one with the lowest letter). This is because the game uses RedBook audio and for some reason I never quite understood, only your primary CD drive is capable of playing RedBook audio.

If you are using DAEMON Tools to mount a CD image, you most likely need to swap CD drive letters around in Computer Management so that your virtual drive has the lower letter (making it your primary CD drive).

Return to “General Talk”