Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New campaigns?

<<

Post 27 Nov 2013, 13:13

New campaigns?

Hey,

Does anyone know if the campaigns downloaded from the mission editors page can be put into the remake version or can it only be put into the real game? Just asking since the remake works better on my comp then the actual game!

Ta
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Nov 2013, 13:18

Re: New campaigns?

Welcome, Ta.

Yes. After you download the files, extract it somewhere (till this point it's the same for the original game and the Remake), open the folder and rename the files with the extensions ".dat" and ".map" to the map's name (in the case of The Prison, the files' name should be changed to "The Prison.dat" and "The Prison.map"). So the name has to match the map's folder's name. After it's done, copy it into the "Maps" folder of the Remake. Have fun ;)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Post 27 Nov 2013, 13:29

Hmm,

Not to good at this. i downloaded the campaign called the new land and it comes with 2 files - missions and misc.

i changed the name on both to new land ( the DAT file and the map) and the but it into maps on remake but it doesn't seem to come up. am i suppose to find it under the campaign since its a campaign?

Thanks
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 27 Nov 2013, 13:36

Oh.

Then, you need to create a folder in the Remake's Maps folder (e.g. "TNL01", so it is short :D), name the .dat and .map files belonging to it (some reference should be found, I think) "TNL01.dat" and "TNL01.map" and then run "TNL01" from the Single player menu.

<<

Post 27 Nov 2013, 15:57

Ahhhhh,

I think i have to give up. no matter what i do it wont work or i cant see any new maps in the game. Would love to play a new campaign thou have finished all the other ones. :(
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 27 Nov 2013, 16:29

If you can't manage to do it like that, then download this:
kamrepos/map.php?id=112

The Dark Lord is remaking his campaign "The New Lands" for the Remake (you know there are catapults and ballistas in some missions, and they aren't implemented in the Remake). You only have to extract the file and copy the maps TNL01-TNL06 into the Maps folder ;)

P.S.: Sorry that I didn't post it before, just got in my mind :D

<<

Post 27 Nov 2013, 16:44

FINALLY...

I got that one to work so now i have an idea and hopefully i van get the rest to work as well :) Thanks heaps for your help!!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Nov 2013, 16:47

Here you go: http://www.2shared.com/file/M5eBvFI0/The_New_Lands.html
Just place the folder (after you uncompress it!) into your campaigns directory.

This was a lot of work, so I hope you enjoy it :P

EDIT: This is the original version. Not the new one TDL is working on ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “General Talk”