Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

save / load LAN game?!

<<

theriion

Peasant

Post 12 Aug 2012, 10:44

save / load LAN game?!

hey guys!
i have been googling for this info for some time now and no results. only thing I found was something about a in game bug!... what im looking for is info about : how to save and load LAN games... I want to play KAM with my girlfrend but we have limited time for gaming :/ ... do u have any sugestions or maybe there is possibilityy just to PAUSE the Lan game this would work good too...
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2012, 10:48

Re: save / load LAN game?!

If you got the remake its really easy. If not, i don't have a clue :D
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

theriion

Peasant

Post 12 Aug 2012, 10:52

ive been trying to get the Remake version but after installing there is massage that i need a original version of the game... i had original ages ago. its long gone now and there is no chance u can buy game that old. so im using the one from torrentz :P unless there is a way to get remake on "illegal" version :P
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Aug 2012, 10:54

Welcome to the forums :)

Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion doesn't work for multiplayer, the game becomes out of sync after not very long (so you see different things happening on your screen to your opponent, you might win while they also win)

Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom works ok for multiplayer but it still has problems like you can't save.

The best option is the KaM Remake, a recreation of the game engine by fans. Install it on both of your computers (download/instructions on the website), then go to Multiplayer, type in your name and click Create Server, then Create Local Server on the popup. On the other computer, go the multiplayer screen, click Find Server By IP, type in the IP address of the computer you started the server on, then click connect. Here are some instructions for finding the IP address of the computer if you don't know how to. Alternatively you can both join the same internet server from the multiplayer screen, but you will get more of a delay because the data will be sent out to the internet and back.

Let us know how it goes!
Lewin.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Aug 2012, 10:55

ive been trying to get the Remake version but after installing there is massage that i need a original version of the game... i had original ages ago. its long gone now and there is no chance u can buy game that old. so im using the one from torrentz :P unless there is a way to get remake on "illegal" version :P
You can buy it for $6 here:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/knights_ ... _rebellion
That page is linked to on our (KaM Remake's) download page.

The KaM Remake lets you save/load multiplayer games, we haven't implemented pausing yet.
<<

Akira

Post 07 Aug 2013, 00:16

Lewin, could you please instruct how to save and load a multiplayer game? My sister and I tried but couldn't figure how. Thanks!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Aug 2013, 01:43

Are you talking with the Remake of Knights and Merchants, or the original game?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Aug 2013, 07:50

Are you talking with the Remake of Knights and Merchants, or the original game?
As far as I remember it doesn't matter: in both, you just save the game (the same way you would save a single player game) and then, when you want to play again, you select it in the lobby as if it was a map. :P

The only differences between the original and the remake on this regard are, as far as I know, that
a. The remake handles this way faster
b. The remake is way tidier (saved multiplayer games are treated as a special map type in the upper right section of the lobby)
c. The remake is way less prone to going out of sync, meaning that the saved game will most probably be the game you actually saved
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 07 Aug 2013, 14:18

I was never able to get multiplayer saves to load in original KaM :(
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Aug 2013, 14:47

As I remember, when you saved a game, you should send him file with this. Try this, maye it will work.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Aug 2013, 21:45

I was never able to get multiplayer saves to load in original KaM :(
Don't really know about TPR (it's not worth it to try to save an out of sync game, so I don't think we ever tried this :P ) but I'm sure in TSK it worked well... it just took ages to load.
As I remember, when you saved a game, you should send him file with this. Try this, maye it will work.
As far as I know, when you save in the Remake every player gets a copy of the savegame and a notification in the chat :P
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2013, 07:17

I meant TSK and TPR.
<<

robin/BEV

Post 13 Jan 2014, 14:37

Re: multiplayer

hey guys i have probelm whit multiplayer, i cant do online playing it tels that the he cant connenect whit the surver what now
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Jan 2014, 16:52

which version of kamRemake do you have?
GR
MaxDeus
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!

Return to “General Talk”