Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

powah tournament 2v2

<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 25 Jul 2012, 02:12

Re: powah tournament 2v2

I'm in favour with Labourers Rush.
Because is like 1 special card, which you have to use in the right moment.

I have seen this tactic fail many times too. After fail or success, you dont see this tactic again.
Sometimes people use Labourers as meat shield in large battles, and noone complains.

In case people insists with banning this tactic...
What will be the difference if we empty their towers with controlled Militia? Just -1 trunk.

Note: Labourers can be anticipated, when you see Xs.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Jul 2012, 03:33

Note: Labourers can be anticipated, when you see Xs.
I just wanted to point out that you no longer see enemy road/house plans to prevent people cheating by spamming your area with road plans to block you from building. You can still see your allies' plans though.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 25 Jul 2012, 07:07

I wonder how you four can build so fast and create that huge armies, I'll never be able to do that :o
12 woodcutters helps a lot ;) At the end of the game i had weapons for like 150 more troops, but because of the attack i had no chance making that much recruits.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Jul 2012, 09:03

Sometimes people use Labourers as meat shield in large battles, and noone complains.
I disapprove of that too.
What will be the difference if we empty their towers with controlled Militia? Just -1 trunk.
Cost and time. People are less likely to rush in with militia (until the time is right) than labourers. I think fighting should be done by the units that were meant to fight.
And btw, IRL a labourer would say "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN' MIND?!" :P
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Jul 2012, 09:44

I wonder how you four can build so fast and create that huge armies, I'll never be able to do that :o
12 woodcutters helps a lot ;) At the end of the game i had weapons for like 150 more troops, but because of the attack i had no chance making that much recruits.
That's playing on top niveau. :p
But replay is very impressive, I'm watching it again for every loc. :D
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Jul 2012, 16:45

Just because 1 person disaproves does not mean we all have to go with that persons opinion .
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 26 Jul 2012, 19:48

Did you notice the same trick i used in the game against koczis, BigChuj and against Romek and Florek? It was, i think, the main idea in this game.

Yes, i failed a lot with micro and scouting. Also lots of mistakes in town building.
<<

powah tour

Militia

Post 31 Jul 2012, 21:11

2nd game of the final match was played! You will know the result very soon!
<<

powah tour

Militia

Post 02 Aug 2012, 23:23

<<

CuDi

Scout

Post 04 Aug 2012, 10:22

What are the chances we'll have another tournament in the near future? Was busy and unable to sign up for this one.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 04 Aug 2012, 10:27

What are the chances we'll have another tournament in the near future? Was busy and unable to sign up for this one.
I'm sure there will be a lot of tournaments in the future :) Maybe not all of them powah tournaments, but the Russian community organises tournaments too, so why shouldn't KaM.net? ;)
<<

CuDi

Scout

Post 04 Aug 2012, 10:33

Sounds great! As long as I'm not busy I'd be more than willing to sign up and hand out a few ass whoopings. :D
<<

powah tour

Militia

Post 11 Aug 2012, 20:37

Hello to everyone!

We are glad to inform you that first full KaM Remake tournament “Powah tournament 2v2” is finished.
It was long and sometimes hard time for us. But now it is over and we hope there will be a lot of good things in future. We hope more people would like to take part in creating KaM Remake events like this tournament.

Now lets go for the most interesting part of this post. “Powah Tournament 2v2awards

So:
1) The champions titles goes to Mulberry and Da Revolution. Simply because they won this tournament. Also we have got here special prize “Powah golden sausage” for the biggest amount of sausages produced during the tournament! That’s for you, Da Revo!
2) The 2nd place and prizes: "For will to victory " , "The most friendly team of the tournament" goes to koczis12 and BigChuj. Congratulations!
3) "The Die Hard prize" goes to winners of loser bracket kruciprdel and czechboss for the biggest amount of games played and for the longest way in tournament. Thank you!
4) “The new talents of the tournament” and “The kindest team of the tournament” prizes goes to team: Luki and woloszek! We love you!
5) "The inspires of the tournament" prize goes to Florek and Romek as players who found out the idea of tournament during the beta-testing of Remake RC. We also want to award “The best team play” and “The best builders” prizes to this team. Congratulation, friends!
6) “The bravest team of the tournament”. Welcome on this hmm… stage! [R.A]Frans and [R.A]Mike! Hurray, guys!
7) “The good teamplay and high tactical skill” prize goes to Maslo and Kolouch! Thank you for participation!
8) "The harmonie of old and new" prize goes to ImmortalFen and Kirelareus for the great mixing of oldschool and newschool style of playing. Congratulation!
9) “The Powah oak forest” prize goes to our oldest players, brothers To and Fu. For their strength on the growing and developing KaM traditions throught years.
10) “The strongest young team of the tournament” prize. Mixons and Boris that’s for you! Thanks for your participation!
11) “The Powah veteran eagle” prizes going to teams: Jeronimo and T*AnTi-V!RuZz, Kamykos and Joker. You were the stongest from old players. Stay and fight! Congratulations!
12) “The Powah unity wine barrel” prize. This teams was united by players from different part s of the world and countries. Wich is a symbol of KaM Remake international nature. The prize going to bucek100 and The Dark Site, King of War and King of Love. Stay united!
13) “The Powah desire” prize for the desire of participation. Goes to teams: Itlerion and NL Vortex Damage, ‘Maurice and Yoven, Jesua Christ and Alhdaron, jarob5, HardStyle. Thank you for particiption!
14) “The comeback militia” prize going to GreatWhiteBear and BiuW. Thank you for remembering of this awesome game and participation in our tournament!
15) “The kings knight” prize going to players from different teams. NaruTo and Sreba, we remember you as strong decent players. Thank you that you were brave enough even after your teammates let you down.
16) “The romantic fairy horse” prize going to The Dark Lord and Beerzoepper. For the unique build orders without marketplace and for the great fantasy! Also we want to give special prize “Powah partizan” to The Dark Lord for his annoying knights and great fighting skill!
17) “The golden raspberry” prize for Recti and Fkl for their courage. They expected to win the tournament after the draw. Good luck, our confident friends!
18) And the main prize! “The Powah potato” prize for players who left the tournament and their teammates. Congratulations to: pawel95, wisnia_pl, Wojcieszko, DevilishKnight. You have your potato! Enjoy!

Best regards for everyone who is doing the KaM Remake history, for all of you: players, creators, programmers, admins, stonemassons and woodcutters! We love and respect your work and your interest in Remake! We wish have fun and good luck to you in your real and Remake community life!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 11 Aug 2012, 22:04

And the Powah Planning Award goes to Mulberry and To (and a bit to Florek) for organizing this tournament. :)
Although you (Mul) were a little frustrated at times (I even had to send you Bob Marley's 'Three Little Birds' ;)), I myself think that everything went pretty smoothly. Congratulations on that!

As you know, in the first place I had my doubts if I would take part but I'm glad I did! Unfortunately I only played two games, but I enjoyed those games really much and playing with and against good players has made me a better player as well.
If I have time I will certainly take part in future tournaments. :)

Thanks for the award, I'm honoured to be called a great fighter. And I'll take that other thing you wrote there as a compliment as well. :P May my knights be annoying for a long time to come!

That's another great aspect of the tournament; you get to know people much better.

I raise my glass to the tournament and this great community! Cheers!
Last edited by The Dark Lord on 12 Aug 2012, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Aug 2012, 03:56

I'd also like to thank the organisers. The tournament went more smoothly than I imagined it would, and I know the three of you worked hard to make it all happen. Events like this help strengthen the community and grow the project, and that's invaluable to us.

Krom and I made the KaM Remake, but it wouldn't have happened without a community behind us. Keeping the KaM community strong and active is as important as writing the code, otherwise we'd have no one to play the game, no one to consult for opinions, no one to beta test, no one to make the maps, and no one to support and encourage us.

At the end of the day the KaM Remake is a way to have fun, make friends, and learn a thing or two, through an old game that we all love. It has certainly fulfilled all three of these things for me time and again :)

The international nature of Knights and Merchants astounds me. From China to Russia, Argentina to Estonia, Italy to Lithuania, Vietnam to Israel, Sweden to Spain, Bulgaria to Brazil, Poland to Portugal, America to Australia, everywhere people are united through Knights and Merchants. And yes, I have met KaM fans from all those places and many, many more. I never thought I'd have friends in so many corners of the earth.

Everyone can contribute to this great project in many different ways, and this tournament is one such example :)

I eagerly look forward to the next tournament, and I think I will enter it with my brother, we better start practising! :P

Return to “Tournaments”