Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

The Ultimate Team Tournament (2v2) 2015!

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Feb 2015, 16:20

Re: The Ultimate Team Tournament (2v2) 2015!

Or we could just not have streaming and instead I'll just upload the videos to youtube after (not as much hype but then no chance for stream sniping).

Seriously, the War is Coming tournament of AoE had a price pool of $120,000, and even with stakes that high they still allowed for spectators. Surely a "honors-only" tournament can have streaming?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 26 Feb 2015, 16:37

first of all good to see you guys Killionaire & Nibo here, you will be added at the list! :)

Jeronimo, I don't really agree with your arguments, because in my opinion banning isn't an advantage or disadvantage since both teams can ban 3 maps, so banning the first or last map isn't really being something to worry about. (If you and others don't agree please say me why)

Now about spectating, I could permit someone to stream some games, but there are some problems with this:
1. Will we have people who would like to stream games?
2. Are the people who would like to stream able to stream?
3, and most important. If you would stream a game the players could easily look at the stream while playing, which is stupid, since we can't control if the players are watching the stream to see what the other team's plans are.

Maybe it's better if those "famous :P" shoutcast guys could make shoutcasts of some nice games afterwards. This is maybe even better since now the commentators can know if the game is worth it to be commentated.

Now ofc this last idea is only possible if Sado and Ben wants to put time in this idea, which we normally can't ask them to do that since it takes quite some work for them to do so, they will have to decide this personally. :)

The Ultimate Team Tournament
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Feb 2015, 17:11

One hint for your streaming idea:
You can set a 60 minutes delay for streaming on twitch via OBS ;-)
So if players would like to see how big the army of the enemy is at PT, they will just see how they place their schoolhouses (60 min earlier).

Sure it isn´t LIVE anymore, but it is still better to watch a game with 60 min delay, than recording a video from the replay files, while the commentator isn´t so "hyped" anymore and probably know who will win anyway.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Feb 2015, 17:21

Pawel is right. When I did some commentary in the1v1 tournament, it was so much more exciting when the commentary was live rather than from a replay. You can make delays with streams, so I don't see a problem with stream sniping.

If you removing the possibility of streams from a tournament, then you seriously kill the spectating crowd, which is often the most important part in my opinion.
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

Post 26 Feb 2015, 18:25

One hint for your streaming idea:
You can set a 60 minutes delay for streaming on twitch via OBS ;-)
So if players would like to see how big the army of the enemy is at PT, they will just see how they place their schoolhouses (60 min earlier).

Sure it isn´t LIVE anymore, but it is still better to watch a game with 60 min delay, than recording a video from the replay files, while the commentator isn´t so "hyped" anymore and probably know who will win anyway.
Ah good to hear this feature, ok now I know this I think I will change the rule a little.
Now I will allow some people to stream some games, if you want to be a streamer you will have to make a comment below, and i will add you to the "streamers" list.

Rules for the streamers:
- you are allowed to stream your own game live (if you are playing in the tournament ofc)
- if you make a stream of an other game from other players, you have to set a delay for 60 min on the stream by the start of the game (so from start until pt)
- Make sure you told the teams that you are streaming the game.
- You are only allowed to stream a game if I added you to the streamers list!
- Other spectators then streamers are not allowed to join the lobby!

I hope everyone likes this future, ofc not every game will be streamed, but I hope that might we get some sign ups for streamers, they will stream the probably most interesting games :)

The Ultimate Team Tour
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Feb 2015, 18:27

Steamer dibs!!!
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Feb 2015, 18:32

dibs? :)
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Feb 2015, 18:41

Okay I'll rephrase: Please give me a streamer/spectator spot :P
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 26 Feb 2015, 19:09

Add me too. But why 60? 40 will be enough. Mb 30.
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

Post 26 Feb 2015, 20:49

Ok nice! both will be added, why not 30? because some tactics will be started soonin the game, which could be seen by the other team if they want to ruin the tournament... so 60 is a must.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Feb 2015, 21:38

Ok nice! both will be added, why not 30? because some tactics will be started soonin the game, which could be seen by the other team if they want to ruin the tournament... so 60 is a must.
and 40, 45?
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

Post 26 Feb 2015, 21:40

Just keep it at 60, it's the most safe option, so let's just stay with this rule :)
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Feb 2015, 21:50

Just keep it at 60, it's the most safe option, so let's just stay with this rule :)
okay
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Feb 2015, 23:24

As far as I know you cannot set delays higher than 900 seconds on OBS unless you have a partnership with Twitch (I'm guessing none of us do?). Seems like live streaming might be a no-go, but live commentary is still possible ;)
<<

Ultimate Team Tour

Bowman

Post 27 Feb 2015, 06:57

Hmm that would be a problem indeed.
Now thinking of a live commentary, the other team would still be able to watch this to see what they are doing, so maybe this idea wouldn't work aswel.

What do you guys think we could do?
I think there are 3 solutions:
1. Don't care about the fact the playing teams won't watch the streams and they are all fair in this.
2. Just don't stream at all and maybe make a few shoutcasts about the most exciting games (ofc if Sado and Ben want to :))
3. Start the stream at 300sec before pt, so the stream will only contain the last 15min of the pt and the fighting of the game.

I think the last one could be a nice solution, but what do you think?

The Ultimate Team Tour

Return to “Tournaments”