Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Winter Tournament 2v2

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Feb 2014, 07:23

Re: Winter Tournament 2v2

There's no problem for me to not stream my own group, but can you tell me what exactly do I gain by streaming my enemies? The replays are going to be uploaded anyway (so everyone is going to watch them later and fit their strategies to them), and it doesn't matter for the tournament games whether I will say in a stream, that someone has a lame or a nice city... the only advantage I can think about is that I will be "forced" to watch them in 1x speed, meaning I can analyze the gameplay well, but this isn't something I cannot do later; and that I will see them before anyone else, but this isn't a big deal.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Feb 2014, 13:30

sado are we as participans allowed to spectate games in the touranment?
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 Feb 2014, 13:36

sado are we as participans allowed to spectate games in the touranment?
That would be a bad idea since the spectator might be telling one of the players what the enemy is doing (through Skype or whatever). Even if you trust them it could lead to arguements and accusations of cheating later. This was already officially answered anyway:
Meanwhile, someone asked me whether spectating is allowed. Of course not! :P The only allowed spectators are the "official" streamers of the tournament (so far it's sado, Paweł, vovets, but the list might be longer with time... check the first post) along with whoever might be helping them commentate (for example, To, Ben, Lewin etc.) If someone joins with one of these nicknames and wants to spectate, always demand a confirmation by a message on forums (either PM or minichat) or on TeamSpeak, if you have it. Otherwise, if the other team is cheating by using a friendly spectator, it is your own fault.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 12 Feb 2014, 00:54

OK, we have a problem with streams. OBS does not let us have a delay greater than 15 minutes, and none of the other streaming software has something better so far, it seems. The only one we got so far would be to record the stream to file first, then manually start streaming it after 40 minutes, but it's a bit problematic for a number of reasons. Does anyone know of good streaming software that'd do it automatically?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Feb 2014, 10:50

Hmm actualy I posted that in the nightly streaming features, but I can't find that topic anymore :?

EDIT: Oh i think i found a bug of the forum, i found my post, but the date is wrong, so noone noticed my post propably -.- it was written by me like 2 days ago and not in december LOL:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1970&p=34145&hilit ... eam#p34146
<<

Nissarin

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Feb 2014, 17:55

How about not steam it via twitch - perhaps other site or even our own rtmp server/player ?
<<

KaMRemakefan

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Feb 2014, 20:27

Yeah, you can it also livestreaming on youtube
KaMRemakefan is a fanchannel on youtube of the game KaM Remake,
click on the link here below to go the fanchannel.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 12 Feb 2014, 21:56

No delay avaible.
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 13 Feb 2014, 01:06

Link to the schedule, results and group tables: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
<<

Post 15 Feb 2014, 09:48

Some people do not obey the "no-Scout" rule. How is this treated?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 15 Feb 2014, 10:18

Some people do not obey the "no-Scout" rule. How is this treated?
Can you maybe be specific and tell where you saw that exactly? You would help the hosts of the Tournament pretty well :wink:
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 15 Feb 2014, 21:04

We've noticed that a couple of winning teams have uploaded their replays to external websites instead of attachment on forum. It`s better to upload it by attachment, because then everyone can check it in any time, even after tour.
Also every winning team has to destroy most important enemy buildings (storehouses, barracks and schools) even if opponents will leave before. Quote from rules: "11. To finish a game, you need to make your enemies “lose” by destroying their most important buildings."
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 22 Feb 2014, 18:14

Teams that didn't play any games yet:
-a2: rom, wosiek (they're in the lobby right now, about to play their first game)
-Mad Mexicans: Madgamer, Mexican T
-ToFu
-HH: Hui Yebing, Hui Li
-DMU: Abu Bakker, Zeeppie-Tim

Out of these teams, one is impossible to contact with - HH. These Chinese guys provided only email and skype contact info, but they don't really respond to any messages. We are likely going to kick this team out in a couple of days because of inactivity and inability to contact it. We're looking for replacement team right now.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Feb 2014, 21:33

Oh dear, here come the replacements....
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 22 Feb 2014, 21:50

It is only one replacament for now, this is good result I think. Look how many matches have been played and we have still much time before deadline :).

Return to “Tournaments”