Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Winter Tournament 2v2

<<

wintertournament

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 22 Mar 2014, 09:03

Re: Winter Tournament 2v2

Due to the complaints that the time to play the games is insufficient, and to the low number of matches being played until now (we expect a lot more will be played throughout the weekend), we decided to extend the time to Wednesday, 26th March. All next stages will last two weeks as well.
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 25 Mar 2014, 14:57

We want to inform that RG, player from XbowMakers team will be replaced by Destah, because RG has problems with his computer. He will play with Romek all games, even if RG will be back(Romek`s decision).
Also keep in mind that tomorrow is deadline for tour games. Every team that cannot contact with their opponents should write to us. In special cases we can extend this date, but only for individual teams, not for everyone. Then you have to write to us: why you could not play and when will you play your game.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Mar 2014, 15:49

A bit offtopic, but could you please add these lines to your first post: ?
I have to search it in the big topic, just to find who is my next enemy :mrgreen:
Schedule (same link as before - to access group stage results click on the "group stage" tab at the bottom): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
Recording of the drawing procedure: http://www.twitch.tv/sado0000001/b/511019286
Big cup ladder: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1qVz ... sp=sharing
Small cup ladder: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1pX_ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by pawel95 on 06 Apr 2014, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 27 Mar 2014, 20:45

The deadline was yesterday, but half of games weren't played yet.
  Code:
Big Cup: Rolig Hund vs TPP - teams have contact, will try to play saturday 29th Bananas vs Who Cares - will be played, friday 28th at 21 CET Mexican art vs Viva Hollandia - teams in contact (organising date for game) Mad Mexicans vs Brew Crew - will be played, friday 28th Small Cup: B2B vs LaG - possible win by walkover for LaG, because of Arieee`s absence Team B vs The Burning Arrow - while we know the teams contacted each other a couple of days ago, we have no recent information from them. Please PM us as soon as possible. DMU vs Pig - possible win by walkover for DMU, becuase of no contact with Pig Chetki Patsani vs S&M - will be played (teams in contact). Witekpolska made a decision to replace THOR with Launger due to some problems with arranging a game together.
Deadline for quarterfinals:
16 April 23.59 CET
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 20 Apr 2014, 20:59

What's with tournament? What's with Small Cup and when it's deadline for Big Cup's semi-final?
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 20 Apr 2014, 21:34

Yeah, I would like to play our final game on small cup. I hope we can manage to do that in a few weeks :P
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 20 Apr 2014, 23:23

Sorry for not making a post earlier. A bunch of news:

1. The deadline for the main cup semifinals is 30th April.
2. Due to Boris and Bon not trying too hard to play their game - while their opponents tried and kept in contact with us - they lose their game against Killer and KaMRemakeFan.
3. Contact with DMU team is hard, and I predict they might not want to play their game. We will try to contact them through Zaamoot, to see whether they will play or not.
4. S&M and chetki patsani failed to play their game yet, due to problems with witekpolska's teammates. We will make a decision soon after we contact him.
5. Due to the complicated situation of small cup ladder, no deadline is given so far. We might make one when we know more about the upcoming games.
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 10 May 2014, 20:45

We're quite a few days after the deadline, and only one of the semifinals were played, however we're in contact with both teams in the other one, and after some problems with time to play from the teams, the game will most likely be played tomorrow. We will keep you posted.

Also, we regret to announce that we decided to not continue the small cup part of the tournament, due to not enough interest from most players in this tournament part. We're happy we tried, but sometimes things don't work out as intended.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 May 2014, 20:52

Also, we regret to announce that we decided to not continue the small cup part of the tournament, due to not enough interest from most players in this tournament part. We're happy we tried, but sometimes things don't work out as intended.
So I understand it correctly that my team, as the Team that waits for their opponents in the Final, has won the small cup? :lol:
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 May 2014, 21:42

No Pawel, it means, that the Small Cup is not decided, there're no winners ;). Joking, you have obviously won, without a doubt.

Good to hear, that the Big Cup is still to be played, hope to see results soon :).
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 01 Jul 2014, 13:38

Any news? :P
<<

wintertournament

Recruit

Post 02 Jul 2014, 11:36

I regret to announce that there will be no final game played. As most probably know by now, Mixons has decided to quit the KaM community. I'd like to apologize on behalf of Mixons, who didn't want to leave me, the tournament and the community in such a situation. With respect to that decision, and due to the fact that things slowed down so much that nobody seems interested to play the final anymore, I need to finish the tournament in this rather disappointing way. I think it will be best to just decide that we have three winners - Romek, Destah and Bo_co. Congratulations! You three definitely deserved to get into the finals.

Since it's best to talk about all the disappointments in one place, then move to the positive things, let's try to sum up our mistakes. We started off with a mission to bring you the best tournament ever (or at least a slightly worse than Mulberry, To and Floro did before). However, apart from the final disappointment, many things did not go as we wished they would. One major grip that I had were the streams. I really were excited that we're gonna try to stream the most important games, however the technology proved that we were completely unprepared for that task. If I done more research before the tournament, I would realize that there is no way to stream with a long (45-60) minutes delay, which is necessary for a game like KaM. The disappointment mainly came for the fact that I felt confident enough about streaming that I did not think a test run would be needed. I'm sorry for that, let's call it a lesson for the future. Also I won't deny that I depended too much on the promises of Open Broadcasting Software, which seems to provide an option for delaying the stream for more than 15 minutes. The problem is, it doesn't... it just silently disables the delay if it's more than 15. I understand the software is a free hobby project, what I don't understand is how no one thought about making a simple ">15 minutes delay is not supported" warning. We almost transmitted a game without a delay because of that. I hate to be blaming anybody else than myself for the streaming issue, but I cannot really resist.

Now about the players. I am pretty satisfied with the amount and quality of players in the tournament. We only had 1 completely absent team - HH, which registered then played nothing, so we had to replace them with LaG. We had a couple of problems in the group stage but eventually almost all was fine. The only problems were Nacht having to quit (partially because of HH absence and ToFu being unable to play for a long time, but mainly because Nacht was away from the internet for a period of time), and Mulberry having a bit of trouble in real life (you know, Ukraine) so he wasn't really able to play. Later on (apart from the losers cup turning out to be a bad idea, cause people lost interest in it pretty quickly), there was hardly any problems until RG's PC crashed so he had to be replaced with Destah. Overall, if not for the last and worst thing (Mixons quitting) I would say that the players did a really good job on playing through their games, even if some random events meant we lost some of the top teams around (Nacht-Destah, Mully-Florek).

I think it is time for a list of colorful thank you!s, following the tradition that Mulberry set before:
First of all, Mixons. Even if the ending was a little bit disappointing, he really did a good job while he was still here. It really felt like we were making 50% of the job each, while for example, in 1st Battle Tournament it was more like Paweł 85% me 15%, so I felt a bit useless :P As I point it out below, I really appreciated when he had to make some important decisions on his own.
Next thank you goes to all people of Teamspeak, who helped me with advices. Romek leading the list. I appreciate the help and support.
Another big thank you goes to Ben for making sure the memory of the tournament will remain in those two videos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akp2-yQJ9UY and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Ln1Bte8-Y
Paweł gets a thank you for trying to help me with the streaming issue. We failed, but we really tried!
Tiank and Lady Pauline - for making a quick replacement when it was needed. You might have lost all your grop stage games, but as a name of another team puts it well - Who cares! Thank you, Lady and Gentleman!
Mixons and Bo_co - for being a kind of a black horse. It's not like people underestimated them a lot, but I wouldn't guess they were top 4 or even top 2 before the tournament :P The Polish Killers!
Cudi and Janek - for the most imaginative name I saw on the list :P The Pikeless Pikemen!
Luki and Kamykos - just a thank you, can't think of anything more personal :P Hope that you'll forgive me, LuKam!
Destroyer and Worshipper - nobody knows you there, yet you played your games in time. For a non-TS team, that's an achievement. Thank you, Pig!
Florek and Mulberry - my dear BAZA W CHUJ! Thanks for organizing the tournament that inspired us to do our own, and thanks for supporting us in our try! Also thanks for a... err, "nice" name xD
Next team nobody cares about, not even them, judging from the name, so why should I thank them? Haha, just kidding, thanks Jero and Dicso, the surprise was very close :P Also it was nice to watch Jero turn into a monster on Arctic Warfare :D Who Cares?
rolig hund - thank you.
Döner - the Umlaut team. Thank you for participating, Wochenende und Paweł :)
The Burning Arrow - thank you for showing the teams in your group that they need to be constantly vigilant, even if they think the enemy isn't a top one! Killer and Rutger!
Viva Hollandia - for playing well through the group stage, making a threat to Mixons and Bo_co, and proving Romek wrong ("are you stupid to put them in the better half of teams for the drawing?" xD) Thommerd and Sebas!
a2 - rom and wosiek - for trying. Remember that wosiek was a newcomer to KaM. Rom really wanted to participate and to help us have more teams, so he trained his friend to play the game. Thanks guys!
Zaamoot and Ariee - thanks!
Lexus and Hargon - thank you, Czech friends, for playing as well as I thought you will, and for beating my team quite hard on Arctic :) Also for all the opinions on the tournament. Blaničtí Rytíři!
Madgamer and Mexican T - for playing and beating us and everything :P Mad Mexicans!
Authentic - it was really really fun to play with you, as always! Also, respect for how you won the game against TeamB xD
Boris and Bon - thanks for playing against us, it was probably one of the best tournament games to watch :P Sorry that we Authentic had to win it eventually xD
Browar and Woloszek - thanks for playing everything in time in your group. B&W!
ToFu - thanks for eventually playing everything, and getting to the 1/8th!
Nacht - shame you weren't able to finish, the tournament lost a great player that way. Thank you for participating!
TRB and Boss - you played really well, smashing your group opponents! Thanks, Team NL!
David and Gentor - the Hungarian Bananas, you played well! Thanks!
chetki patsani - thanks witek and THOR!
AlBo - thanks Aldaron and Oky Bo, for representing the Polish crew!
koczis12 and Bludmaster - thanks for interesting games, for getting to the semifinals (you deserved it), and for everything!
RG - thanks for playing through the group stage. Real shame your PC broke down, we are missing you on TS until today :(
Romek and Destah - thanks for being in the best team, for helping me really much with advices (Romo) and your will to play (both :P). There's no tournaments without such good players!
DMU - thank you for participating.
don artie and Mexican b - thanks for playing! Shame you were in the group of death - given how well you played you'd have a chance to win every other group but not that one :( My biggest mistake when if comes to the drawing! Sorry! :P

Now a list of "go dies" xD The list will be short and will include only those two trolls: Hui Yebing and Hui Li. Those names alone sounded like they were meant to be a Chinese version of a Polish/Russian swear word, but we decided to allow them to play, because we weren't 100% sure they were fake or not intending to play. Guess we were wrong...

And finally, a couple of advices for those that will come and try to make a tournament after us:
-make a forum account for your tournament, if you have 2 or more people organising it. It really helps.
-make it shorter. People will not play their games in time anyway, but I think the way to go is to try to have less games for all teams but played in shorter amount of time. This way, nobody will lose interest in the tournament too soon, as it happened with all recent building competitions.
-get somebody to help you. This way you will not be alone, and each time an urgent decision needs to be made, the other person can do it when you're not around. I really appreciated the work Mixons did when I couldn't get to my PC for a couple of days, which happened all the time. It is simply impossible to do it alone if you have a life. I think the best number would be three organizers.
-if your co-organizer makes a decision alone because of the time pressure and you not being around, agree with it and support it. Even if it could be better, remember how time is important for a tournament.
-get an opinion of people from Teamspeak, but you don't have to do exactly as they say. In the end, follow your own judgement and try to make it fair for all the players, those who are better and those who are worse.

And again: THANK YOU TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS! :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 02 Jul 2014, 14:32

It's LG, not LaG!

It's sad to hear, that final match won't be played, but all these 3 player deserve to be winners, so congratulations! :)

Thanks for organizing this tournament, I had really good time even if we lost all games :D. All the players we have played with were above our level, so I'm satisfied that we didn't lost our games too quickly (only against Pawel and Weekend, that was a failure from my side :D). I've learned again, mainly on my mistakes and I feel I've improved my skill, which is a good thing.

I really hope there's gonna be a next building tournament and that it's gonna be more succesful!

Cheers!
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Jul 2014, 18:08

well jeor and i took it to the winners bracket, i guess that is an achievement on it's own. :P
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 03 Jul 2014, 09:47

well jeor and i took it to the winners bracket, i guess that is an achievement on it's own. :P
Certainly Dixo... Even if we had passed our last match, we had to face Bludmaster's team and then Romek's.
I liked playing with you as teammate. We made some memorable statistics. :D

Respect tournament, I think last surprise was rolig+hund losing to Bo_co+Mixons. Great semifinals from polish guys.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo

Return to “Tournaments”