Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Tournament “Building Map, all for one, 1-1, 60 pt”!

<<

Kirelareus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Oct 2013, 11:04

Re: Tournament “Building Map, all for one, 1-1, 60 pt”!

Draw results!
R.A - power in unity!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Oct 2013, 11:24

I assume that's because you didn't give a contact info along with your application (you did that later), as the rules state.
I haven´t done that anywhere also Sado :D but you know it´s like in "Polish Knight" clan where i got signed up :D
<<

[-UNION-]VOIN

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Oct 2013, 12:23

Replacements:
pawel95>>>Killer!!
monster>>>Mexican Tittibal
<<

[-UNION-]VOIN

Woodcutter

Post 27 Oct 2013, 12:31

<<

[-UNION-]VOIN

Woodcutter

Post 27 Oct 2013, 12:47

Deadline of 1/16 final: 4 November!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 27 Oct 2013, 14:56

Lol this tournament will be decided after quarter finals. :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Oct 2013, 17:10

My predictions! You heard it here first, folks.

Some of the players that I don't know very well involved more guess-work. Also, since this is a 1v1 tournament, the gameplay will be kinda tricky. Camping will be an elite strategy since there is no need for map control. FIghting is also important, because if you lose just one fight, your opponent immediately knows that he has the upperhand.

For some reason, I feel like my predictions could go very wrong if To beats Romek. To's not afraid to camp, and he is more familiar with the map than Romek is. If To plays his best game(s), then there's a chance he'll go further, perhaps even win. However, Romek is a much better all-around player. The contest between him and Bludmaster will result in who has the better lategame base, and I'm giving that to Romek, since his planning is more organized than Blud's (sometimes!). This is, of course, if Blud can beat Tim and Nachtmahr! Tim came out of nowhere, and made an impression early. He's easily one of the best players in the game, but he's been unstable lately, from what I've seen and from what he's told me. As for Nachtmahr, he's an extremely good player. I'm not impressed at all with his fighting, but he can easily go 50-25, perhaps even 60-30. However, whether it is Tim or Blud that goes against Nachtmahr, I'm afraid that Nachtmahr will lose.

As for the bottom bracket, I don't really know. I don't think anyone there has a good chance of victory except maybe Weekend if he plays good. I expect crazier things to happen in these games, as players try to outsmart their opponents to get an advantage.

Oh, and all these predictions are considered independent of forfeits ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

Post 27 Oct 2013, 20:04

No problem for me to loose like this i want to beat Romek in finals!! xD
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 27 Oct 2013, 20:36

I think you understimate Madgamer. I think he will be the winner of 1º half.
Meanwhile in the 2º half... there are many meek players :) Very unpredictable.

I obviously would like to face Madgamer :o , since we are partners in the battle tournament there is some bond.
Finding him in the "winners final" will be quite a nice moment for us.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Cn.rave

Serf

Post 28 Oct 2013, 03:11

I want to participate.
My skype: I.G Rave
Game name: I.G Rave
<<

Kirelareus

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Oct 2013, 03:26

Rave, registration is closed 2 days ago
R.A - power in unity!
<<

Cn.rave

Serf

Post 28 Oct 2013, 03:46

-_-!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Oct 2013, 03:48

But there is still a chance to fill in for no-shows, right?
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Oct 2013, 00:19

Hi!
Is there any fairplay rules? How and where can the players build? Block the enemy ironmines etc....I think on the trolling. 40 builders etc...;♠)
thx
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 31 Oct 2013, 02:57

Thanks for reminding me Thunder! I was going to ask something quite similar. I think it should also be noted that the bottom locations are capable of building into each other, whereas the top locations are not (5+6 can build into each other, 2+3 can't). Look at the passages in the stone mountains to see why. This might not be particularly important, (verily, other factors, such as location one being much more open than 4 are more significant) but it's worth noting. Also, bottom locations have two passages through the stone where the top has only one (again, very small thing).

As for trolling/building in enemy base: I think that it is a serious matter; especially for a tournament where money is concerned. If I were participating, I'd care only about winning (for the money of course :D) so I'd probably use every cheap tactic in the book. It's not my tournament and I'm not participating, but I still would like to suggest that the tournament uses a modified version of the map that contains a noticeable border/line that cuts through the rough center of the map. It could be done with tiles or objects (such as the rocks in Floresence). Say the line was placed at x 0, y 92 and was made up of horse tails, the rule would be thus:
  • The border line that runs along the X-axis at (0,92) represented by object number fifty-two, also known as the horsetail, will represent the edge of a player's territory. Should a players laborers cross the line as a result of buildings plans before the expiration of the game's peacetime, which will consist of sixty game minutes, he or she will be disqualified. Laborer's crossing the boarder as a result of unit bumping, unintentional pathfinding as a result of plans/construction sites within the respective player's territory will not result in disqualification. Disqualification will be a result only in the scenario of laborer's crossing the territory line due to plans being placed beyond the territory line before expiration of peacetime.
What do you think? I think horsetails are a good choice, as they aren't too distracting on the dark terrain along the center of the map, but are easy enough to notice and are very square (so it's less confusing than a stump, which lays on the top-left of a tile). Also, To didn't place any horsetails on the map, so the only horsetails will be the ones for the border.

Return to “Tournaments”