Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

[RULES + REGISTRATION] 1st International Battle Tournament

<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 14 Oct 2013, 19:51

Re: [RULES + REGISTRATION] 1st International Battle Tourname

Hmmm, for me if you can't find an hour during two weeks to play a game, then why you sign up to a tournament? It's not economic tournament, it won't take 2 hours. And if you really dont have this hour why dont play one game on monday, one game on wednesday and last(if needed) on saturday(etc, etc)? I dont see a point in rules that says you have to play 3 matches one day.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 14 Oct 2013, 20:07

Hmmm, for me if you can't find an hour during two weeks to play a game, then why you sign up to a tournament? It's not economic tournament, it won't take 2 hours. And if you really dont have this hour why dont play one game on monday, one game on wednesday and last(if needed) on saturday(etc, etc)? I dont see a point in rules that says you have to play 3 matches one day.

Exactly. Well I won´t say its the fault of the players :P because when they can´t find time, they can´t maybe out of personal/imporant reasons, but they could communicate with behaviour and say we won´t get it. After that 4 rounds only rom came to me and said: we need more time !without asking him like many other teams: "have you played/talked with your enemy" :P Nevermind.....
However to insult someone and "wake up" after 2 rounds: "OH I got a w.o. BUT WHY? " isn´t the right way to have fun...
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 14 Oct 2013, 20:15

Pawel/sado: I like how you are holding the tournament. You take care of situations and try to solve the problems that show up.
Don't let evil comments (from Mixons or anyone) to discourage your initiative and organization.

The people who is complaining, is the people who is causing problems because of their inaction.
It begins and ends in the person.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Mixons

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 15 Oct 2013, 09:22

So that is the next round:

So I was disappointed when Mixons told me on Teamspeak that he doesn´t want to play in our tournament anymore and our tournament would be unprofessional. Also he told me I´m a "frajer" [pol.] = "gull/pigeon" because of that situation. So I am really a bit shocked now, because I told everyone that it is NOT a Spina Tournament! It´s all about fun. Me and Sado can´t do anything else then just give walkovers when a team haven´t played their game even after 1 week after the deadline. I don´t like it also, but we can´t wait now for one team, that won´t be complete in the next year also...
Pawel95 + Sado
I just don`t understand why we get W.O against Bludmaster`s team. The reason was "because you were not on Teamspeak few days". I am was asking many times opponent team about the game, but it was always like we cant find good time for it, and then we were not on TS so we get W.O. Yeah it was very fair...
And Pawel please do not choose words out of context, because I didn`t just wrote to you "gull", I wrote why i think you are gull. And dont you remember when you wrote to me that you will break my bones? So stop complaining about one "gull".

Jeronimo why you are rating people without knowing the situation? History of mine and Pawel`s disagreements began on the polish forum long time ago, and now you are rating me to "bad" guy after one Pawel`s post...

I will not blame my face again here, because of my bad english, I just wanted to explain my view of situation. I dont care about this tournament now, its not matter of my life. I registered to this, so I am was involved to it and wanted play the games. Nevermind better to have in tournament players who don`t care or are disqualified or not.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 15 Oct 2013, 13:24

So it looks like from now there will be only games, played "just in time" which is really nice :-)

Tomorrow Kamykos´ team and Woloszek´s team will play against. You can start playing the 1/2 finals from tomorrow.

The deadline for the 1/2 finals:

EDIT:

Congratz to the last 4 teams that have survived to the last small step to the big final :-)

Nice to see that the loser bracket system worked and woloszek and luki are back into the race for the championship title, after a loose in the 2nd round :D

We are not sure about changing something at the rules for the BIG FINAL. However we will only edit it unless noone of us played their game. When we will play already our game vs woloszek and luki for example, we won´t change it then, because it would look like I would change the final, how I want to XD

Have fun and enjoy playing:

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 21 Oct 2013, 19:13

SPECIAL RULE FOR THE BIG FINAL:

Instead of baning maps unless you will have 3 final maps, you will ban maps until you will have 5 final maps left!

It will be changed from a "Who wins 2 first" to a "Who wins 3 first"!

So you will play at least 3 games and maximum 5 games!

Why that change? We think a real final needs players, that can play on nearly all battle maps of the Remake. So a team won´t be able to play only on 2 maps in the whole tournament :P

NOTE: THIS RULECHANGE IS ONLY FOR THE BIG FINAL, NOT THE SEMIFINALS

Have fun and sorry for the tripplepost :P Want to make sure that everyone will really read it :-)

Pawel95 + Sado
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 23 Oct 2013, 14:03

Videos are ready to review!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 23 Oct 2013, 17:06

Videos are ready to review!
Nice :-)

You are an entertainer :P

Like really best moment when you didn´t know how to comment that "maneuver":
http://youtu.be/PpxoBq7FOHY?t=8m33s

Or just dubstep :P
http://youtu.be/PpxoBq7FOHY?t=14m

Well watching all movies a 2nd time now with comments that games were really nice and fair, good job.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 24 Oct 2013, 08:09

Like really best moment when you didn´t know how to comment that "maneuver":
http://youtu.be/PpxoBq7FOHY?t=8m33s
That is the only right comment for that "maneuver"...
When we played that game, my teammate, Matt, had very similar reaction.
We (especially me) just failed at Cursed.

But we had fun playing these and other matches! The whole tournament was fun!

So thanks Pawel and sado for setting this up :).
Hope, there will be more Battle Tournaments.

But since there are still some matches to be played, you guys have fun and play fair till the end!
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 24 Oct 2013, 08:57

Don't worry, every player makes a bad maneuver sometimes. However congratulations to your team to get into the 1/4 finals and thank you, too for the participation at our tournament.
<<

Kirelareus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Oct 2013, 07:35

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on our side yesterday.
But me and David can be glad, that we have gone to semifinal (It's success for me, after epical fails on Russian battle tournament).

I wanna say to Paweł and Grzegorz:

Dziękuję bardzo!
It was nice tournament! I hope, that in next year tournament will be better!)
R.A - power in unity!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Oct 2013, 07:44

I'm going to have to agree. Battle in the Ruined City is a very bad map imo. The left side almost always loses because position is much worse. Still, I do not mean to take away credit from Jero and Tim, but it is quite disappointing that such unlucky things must happen.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 25 Oct 2013, 17:10

Thank you Kiril for the nice words and thank you and thanks David for participating also in our battle tournament. You were one of my 4 favourite teams at the first round(that will get into the final). Now you lost one step before that, which isn´t bad :D It is even really really good to reach the 1/2 finals. We saw many tactical good maneuvers in the games of your team and you both showed also in hard situations, that you have good fighting skills and know exactly what to do :)

I'm going to have to agree. Battle in the Ruined City is a very bad map imo. The left side almost always loses because position is much worse. Still, I do not mean to take away credit from Jero and Tim, but it is quite disappointing that such unlucky things must happen.
About the map. Weeeell :P : I pretty like the map, TDL also :P because we can´t really remember that we lost on that map anytimes :P
However I must say that you are right, for example the size is the problem, so you have to "camp" often and have to take a good poition. You haven´t big space for something special.

On the other side that in general the left side is worse than the right isn´t correct in my opinion. I remember some good games, when the left side won with really balanced teams.
Nvm, we decided to include this map,because in our opinion this map is even one of the best "mirrored" maps, where both teams have nearly the same starting conditions and the same chances to win.

And a "very bad map" is this for sure not. You can discuss about the balance, but overall it is for 100% not a VERY BAD map. Very bad is when one team has iron, the other leather army, with 2 bridges as fighting space and no objects+bad terrain :mrgreen:

Pawel95
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 26 Oct 2013, 05:59

And a "very bad map" is this for sure not. You can discuss about the balance, but overall it is for 100% not a VERY BAD map. Very bad is when one team has iron, the other leather army, with 2 bridges as fighting space and no objects+bad terrain :mrgreen:
Ah comeon, you might dislike Woloszek's idea of making fighting maps, but I wouldn't say they are ugly or that they have bad terrain :)
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 26 Oct 2013, 08:41

Return to “Tournaments”