The Kam League

<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Oct 2012, 01:22

The Kam League

Hi all,

I present to you 'The Kam League', a 1 v 1 tournament based on the pokemon game.
Progres into the league and try to become the new Kam Champion!

How does it work?

First of all, you'll need to collect badges, at least 5. (It will be 8 later.)
How do you earn badges? Challenge and defeat the Gym Leaders, in a game played by their rules.
You'll find out what those rules are once the gym leaders will be nominated.
Once you'll have earned enough badges it's time to enter the elite 4!
4 strong players you will have to defeat in order.
If you manage to defeat the elite 4, you can finaly challenge the champion!
A 2 round game where you will have to win both of them to defeat the champion,
wich makes you the new champion.
As new champion you will have to defend your title against other challenger.

What happens if I lose?

If you lose a gym battle you will have to challenge other gym leadears and wait 7 days before you can challenge the same gym leader again.
If you lose a fight against a member of the elite 4 you will have to wait 7 days before you can challenge the elite 4 again, starting from the beginning.
If you lose one of your fights against the champion you will get a second chance 3 days later, if you lose again you will have to start over with the elite 4.
You can also become gym leader.
If the champion gets defeated he will get the place of the last member of the elite 4, so the one people will fight last.
All the other members will move 1 rang down, and the weakest member of the elite 4 will lose his title of elite 4 member.
He will get the chance to open a gym or challenge the elite 4 in order to recover his place in the elite 4.

What are the rules?

Every gym will have there own rules, who will be published in the 'gym' section.
If there are doubts about a gym battle they can always be reviewed by a judge.
Every elite-4-fight will be played by the same rules, who will be the same as the champion-fights.
(Map selection, loc selection, pt, additional rules.)
Every champion-fight will have to be approved by me in order to be approved.
Very important! Any game that hasn't a replay counts like a lose!

Who will be the first elite 4, gym leaders and champion?

The first champion will be the first one to defeat the 4 elite 4 members.
For elite 4 and gym leaders we need anybody who wants to be gym leader/ elite 4.

Want to be part of the kam league?
What do we need? 2 judges, 8 gym leaders and 4 members of the elite 4.
Anybody who's interested for this can send me a pm with a little motivation, then I'll contact you.

How do I enter the Kam League?

Very easy, challenge a gym leader!
You can do this by sending him a pm or posting on this topic, or any other way of communication.

Well once we'll have enough people in the kam league we will be able to start!
Last edited by Bo_ on 22 Oct 2012, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2012, 08:30

Re: The Kam League

Gotta catch them all!

Anyway I do think its a good idea, but I doubt if you get enough (serious) people. Especially the gymleader can get a time consuming job.
So example: 4 v 4 gym on Back in the desert, you take loc 1,2,3 and 4, 60 min pt.
So you mean 4v4 is also possible in the league? If yes, this will make it even harder to get all the teams on time and it will also make it hard for the challengers.

Good luck ;)
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Oct 2012, 10:00

I like the idea, but... Yes, you already need 13 people (8 gym leaders, 4 elite four, 1 champion) to occupy all places, and then contestants... I think it will be hard to get enough people.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2012, 10:26

True, but no champion needed yet. The first champion will be the first to defeat the elite 4.
Well maybe not 4 vs 4 but it could also be like this: 8p ffa on the valley of dangers 2. The winner wins a badge.

So yes it will be hard to find those people, but hard isn't impssible. ;)
I think the hardest part is to find enough people who actualy want to read this.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Oct 2012, 12:51

I want to be Team Rocket boss! :mrgreen:
<<

TieSTo

Militia

Post 21 Oct 2012, 13:35

Although it's a good idea, why don't you do a football league style one. you report your endgame screen for win/loss.

No matter who you play or its 1v1 or 4v4 its just a win or loss for you. 3pts for a win.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2012, 13:39

That's an other idea, but it's another concept.

TDL sure haha. :D
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Oct 2012, 15:41

It's a pretty funny idea, actually. But I'd just say it's only 1 vs 1 matches.

Also this:
If he chooses to become the last member of the elite 4, then all the others will each move 1 rang:
Number 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3, 3 becomes 4 and 4 will have to make a choice:
Opening a gym or start all over again. ;)
Sounds a bit weird to me, or I'm just interpreting it wrong. I'd say, if the champions wants to be in the Elite 4, #1 has to go away (since he's the weakest of the Elite 4). So champion becomes #4, #3 -> #2, #2 -> #1, #1 -> gym leader or start over..
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2012, 15:53

Well that's what I meant, the weakest will leave, the stronges will become second etc.
But isn't #4 the weakest?

I also think that 1 v 1 are best, but I don't know if people realy enjoy 1 v 1.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Oct 2012, 16:04

Well that's what I meant, the weakest will leave, the stronges will become second etc.
But isn't #4 the weakest?
Ah, well I'd say #1 is the weakest. You fight #1 first, then #2.. and #4 last (so he's the strongest..)
At least, that's what I think.
I also think that 1 v 1 are best, but I don't know if people realy enjoy 1 v 1.
I think 1 vs 1 could really work and that's it's played way too less. If you make it 1 vs 1, it definitely unique, since all the other tournaments are played 2 vs 2 or something else.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2012, 16:17

So in the end we mean the same. ;)

And well if there are enough people ready to play 1 v 1 then indeed that's what would make it nice.
I need at least 8 more players then.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2012, 19:29

Hello Bo (and others).
It seems a nice idea. You reminded me of a "League experiment" I designed for another game called Age of Wonders.
I will write it here so maybe you find it interesting too.. who knows? :)

My system is called Deathrank: It's a type of League, for 1v1 duels only.

Sign in: After deadline registration, every confirmed participant sends a PM to tournament moderator, classifying the other players from LIST in 4 categories (A-B-C-D), according your concept of their skills in KaM (A best, B skilled, C decent, D rookies). Remember this will look "anonymous" for others, only organizator knows all opinions.

Competition: Each one has 10 points (life), and wins points by beating others.. but also loses points if he is defeated.
Now the feature here is that the amount of points you win or lose, depends on the opponent you fought (A, B, C or D).

[A] vs A (+4/-4), vs B (+5/-3), vs C (+6/-2), vs D (+7/-1)
vs A (+5/-3), vs B (+4/-4), vs C (+5/-3), vs D (+6/-2)
[C] vs A (+6/-2), vs B (+5/-3), vs C (+4/-4), vs D (+5/-3)
[D] vs A (+7/-1), vs B (+6/-2), vs C (+5/-3), vs D (+4/-4)

The event duration can last 2 weeks: It just consists in players logging in and waiting for ANY participant from the event who is interested in playing that day.
BTW, you can choose to "avoid" certain players, it's your choice of opponents that makes this competition open... you choose when to connect, and with who to play (if there are enough players around at that time for the 1v1).

Maps: I think always 60 PT, and the maps can be Wilderness, Horseshoe, etc, decided later by organizators.
And yes, we can do the typical: 1st chooses map, 2nd decides his starting location first.
After match is played, Winner uploads to forum the replay + 1st statistics screen.
Organizators have to be attent to this, because many matches could be played day by day, so also you want to speculate and be worried about someone getting many points... Deathrank diary updated for sure.

Eliminations: Whenever a player's points are 0, he is dead (hence the name Deathrank).
The 10 points life, makes "abusing" a not possile tactic to achieve several points by defeating weak players all time.
The category feature also makes "abusing" less attractive. Imagine an A playing 8 matches vs D players to obtain +8 miserable points.
I don't know who has time anyway for such amount of matches. :)

Winners: Having a unique winner is kind of impossible, specially if remain 2 good players: This is the reason why after 2 weeks time of playing matches, then the highest score is the winner (and also we get 2nd, 3rd places).
It doesn't matter if you killed players by reducting their points to or below 0, points are all that matters.
------------------------------------------------------

Conclusions: Your idea League Bo, has been a good connector to show this format Deathrank.
I wrote a list about the most attractive aspects which can interest us.

* Common opinion: Surprises before starting... What does people in general think about you (A,B,C,D)?

* Free schedule: You log in whenever you have time during the 2 weeks, find a participant waiting and duel.

* Targeting: Strategy behind game? Yes! Try to beat down certain players, or knock down someone above you before gets stronger... avoid certain players who are very strong to you. Check the Deathrank diary and be careful. Speculate!

* Easy moderation: Quitters and Trolls can be automatically disqualifed when reported... and those "too pasive" won't cause problems, tough their points will stay static at 10 points. Someone not playing doesn't slow down tournament.

* Weak Champions: Yes! Even a D player can result to become a champion. It's about using targeting smartly.
He can defeat most D and C, playing more games also than a not so frequent A player, and perhaps reach 2nd or 3rd places.

Do you like this format for 1v1 competition? I think it's worth trying it.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2012, 21:09

Well Jeronimo I like your idea but what has it to do with my kam league?
Idea of kam league is: it's VERY hard to become champion, but it's not the only way to get prestige.
It's also about endurance: The more the players try, the more they will progress.
In a normal tournament you loose and you're out. ;)
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Oct 2012, 22:56

The only thing I keep wondering is: who are going to be the first gym leaders and the first Elite 4?
And in which order?
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 22 Oct 2012, 06:17

Well it can be anybody who wants to be one. ;)
Just post here or in a pm saying what you want to be and send me a replay with it so I can see your skills.
Kick fast, think Bo.

Return to “Tournaments”