Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Value of food.

<<

Beerzoeper

Blacksmith

Post 06 Jun 2012, 13:11

Value of food.

I was wondering about the values of food, the producing time, etc. I came to the following conclusions:

50 corn--->30/33 sausages vs. 100 breads. A pigfarmer takes 26 sec. for using 1 corn. He takes a 5 sec break after that. The butcher takes 35 secs to use one pig, and also takes 5 sec break. The miller and the baker however, take more time to produce flour/bread. They both use 38 sec for producing and also take a 5 sec break.

The fisherman is a very lazy person, he takes a one minute break, after each time fishing. One pig farm, with continuous supllies, produces more sausages the a fisherman catches fish. (health rate fish: 40 sausage: 50) (wine 20 bread 30)

Wine goes with the same speed as corn, so its a bad way to use for feeding, as we all know. (1 corn>>2 bread. 2 bread is the same as 6 wine)

I also find out that the horsebreeder only takes 15 sec for feeding a horse, with a 10 sec break. Therefore, you will need more farms for supplying the horsefarm over the pigfarm, and more for the pigfarm over the mill, because the mill works slowly.

I assume the most of you will already know most of this, or knew it would be something like this, but i just thought, i'll make a topic about it.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Jun 2012, 13:33

Re: Value of food.

Another thing to consider with the sausages is you also get leather from it. So really only half of the corn goes into sausages, and the other half into leather if you want to think about it like that.

Also, bread restores 40% condition, wine restores 20%. (for those interested: sausages 60%, fish 50%) For soldiers both bread and wine restore 100%. So wine isn't so bad, it's half as good as bread for citizens but just as good for soldiers. Considering it takes two less houses it can be quite a good investment, but only if you can spare the wood for the fields.

It's a good summary you made :)
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 06 Jun 2012, 13:33

I think it's really useful. especially the exact times they take to do their thing
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 06 Jul 2012, 12:49

Wine is good for feeding troops. if you have sausages and breads at the inns, citizens won't drink wine, and only wine will be delivered for the soldiers if you disable it at the storehouses.
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 08 Jul 2012, 16:31

Thanks for the info, so in short its sure as hell seems way better to skip bread and just breed pigs for sasuages? :)
A mage is never late - Gandalf
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 08 Jul 2012, 16:42

meat is always the best solution. No matter if its KaM or real life.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Jul 2012, 17:47

meat is always the best solution. No matter if its KaM or real life.
Hehe. Too bad there's no Heineken in Knights and Merchants...
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 08 Jul 2012, 18:26

I prefer Grolsch. (bit off-topic)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 08 Jul 2012, 18:50

Doe mij dan maar een Hertogje. ;)

But ontopic: yes, always make pig farms first (personally I make 3 pig farms, then stables, then some bread production and then more pig farms).

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”