Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

why AI trains army so slowly?

<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 02 Jun 2012, 01:54

why AI trains army so slowly?

I try to play all single missions available in KaM Remake and i noticed a strange thing. AI players train soldiers with a lond period. 1 soldier per 1m 40sec. But it's too long. And every single mission becomes boring and easy. Is there any way to edit the speed AI player trains his army?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 Jun 2012, 04:52

Re: why AI trains army so slowly?

We made the AI train a soldier every 100 seconds because that's how it is in KaM. Before we made this change it was almost impossible to win the campaign because they trained troops so fast.
You can change the rate with a script command, I used this to make the cooperative missions harder.
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 02 Jun 2012, 06:52

In TSK and TPR it was a bit faster(about 30-40sec) Now it's too slow. For example, in mission 2 TSK blue has lots of unused leather armor and gold at 2h after mission start. and he made only 2 attacks. However it's bad for me. Can you write what caommand should I write and where to change this?

Oh right now I watched enemy town in TSK. it's 1m and 20sec.(the 1st mission)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 02 Jun 2012, 08:07

I measured it as 1:40 in TPR, although I only tested a few missions. Would you or someone else would like to do some measurements in a number of missions, and compare TPR with TSK? If you get a different result will investigate.

2 attacks in 2 hours sounds good for the second mission, it's supposed to be easy.

Please note that our AI is not complete yet so the campaigns might not be well balanced. When our AI it's more complete we will probably edit the campaigns to make them more fair.

The command to change it is:

!SET_AI_CHARACTER EQUIP_RATE 1000

1000 sets it to 100 seconds, the default. (1000 game ticks = 100 second) You need to change it in version 0.3 of my editor.
Lewin.
<<

Thanatos

Blacksmith

Post 02 Jun 2012, 10:50

Ok, I'll do that. Write me list of missions you want to check and I will post results in this topic.

Thanks for the answer.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 02 Jun 2012, 14:04

I don't really mind which missions, choose a variety (e.g. one or two from each campaign and the tutorial). Make sure one of them is early in the campaign and one is later so we can see if it changes with some other AI parameter related to difficulty.
Check in TSK as well as TPR if possible so we can see if there's any difference there.
I look forward to seeing your results :)
<<

Teyrn Leto

Serf

Post 02 Jun 2012, 22:03

Well, I'm experiencing the opposite, sort of. Everytime I play alone or with my friends there is usually a hour of peacetime before the AI begins assembling troops non-stop to attack with at a frightenting pace. This is something we especially noted in the TSK 16 co-op mission where we were at constant attack, especially in the west. Fortunately we could smash through Darkred and attack the remaining enemies from behind, but man, that was some devastating siege because he constantly sended out hordes of swordfighters, knights and crossbowmen. And my western friends were under constant attack too from the other 3 AI. See the attachment for the endresult. :P

It was glorious though!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 03 Jun 2012, 02:35

I converted TSK16 to coop myself and I changed the rate that they make troops to make it challenging for 4 players. That map was originally for 1 player so I had to make the AI much harder. I never tested it with other players so I'm glad to hear it works so well :) I thought it might be too hard or too easy.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”