Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

charge

<<

Attila

Post 02 May 2012, 20:42

charge

I want to share my thoughts of cavalry charge

1. history
In medieval period the knights were the most important type of military force. And their main advantage was charge, of course not always possible especially against fortified positions. Nevertheless they were the foundations of medieval order. For example battle of Grunwald, one of the biggest in middle ages was almost only between cavalry.
Also it is worth to notice that cavalerman and horse have really big kinetic energy (about 700kg*(6m/s)^2*1/2=12600J - six times bigger than ak 47 bullet). Just imagine chrging knight wich tries to trample you.

2. original kam
In TSK/TPR is storm attack which is like infantry charge (as I dont know about any attack bonus is such "charge"), so charge is contained in original kam idea.

3. my proposition of charge mechanism
I write it to open discusion, that is only idea how it could work. After order to charge every cavarlyman in unit would go straight 10 tiles (mayby with increased speed) till came across enemy. Than has lets say 80% chance to kill him and go further 3 tiles more, if met next, than has 40% to kill him and stop at his tile. Also cavalerman could be hurt or killed durind charge. The stats should depend on units and directions, and be considered carefully. I dont try make them becaouse it is only concept.

Of course charge at front of pikeman formation shouldnt be successful. And they could have new immobile formation with inclined lances using graph of atacking lancer.

4. game balance
Cavalry charge could pretty balance game becaouse charge from side or back would be deadly dangerous and fast kill archers. Also it would make more diverse battles and strategies.

I wonder what you think about it.

Thanks for reading,
english is not my native language so, if I made mistakes or something is not clear say about it.
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 03 May 2012, 11:20

Re: charge

ha I am not alone with that idea) however after market was add I do not want change anything in the game)
Image Image
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 03 May 2012, 12:03

Re: charge

I think there is no need for a cavalry charge. Cavalry already is very useful if u know how to use them wisely.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”