some questions acording to map editor

<<

niek792

Peasant

Post 22 Apr 2012, 21:16

some questions acording to map editor

Trinity MP map by Niek.rar
hi there,

i made serveral maps in in-game map editor, when i play them by myself it works all fine, but when i try to send them and my friend paste it in MapsMP folder, there is an error that the map is not the same.
can someone explain me how to gain the maps i made and how to use them like where to paste it?

greetz,

Niek

P.S.
Trinity is an example maybe there are thing wrong, plz look at it because it is really annoying :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live in your world, play in mines
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 22 Apr 2012, 23:48

Re: some questions acording to map editor

That could be to do with Window's Virtual Store. If you install the game to Program Files, then pasting files into C:\Program Files\KaM Remake\MapsMP will have no effect, the game will not see them. Windows tries to hide contents of Program Files from you for security I think...

Get your friends to reinstall the game outside of Program Files (for example, C:\KaM Remake or My Documents\KaM Remake or something) and see if that fixes it. If you need to recover game files from the Virtual Store you will find them here: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files
Any files saved by the game are put there. And the game will only see files in that folder. Microsoft does it this way to allow multi-user environments I think, but I personally find it annoying and confusing when you can't tell where files are actually coming from. The simplest solution is to not install in program files.
<<

niek792

Peasant

Post 23 Apr 2012, 10:47

Re: some questions acording to map editor

Lewin,

thanks for the quick aswer, now it works, topic may be closed.

Niek
Live in your world, play in mines

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”