Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

AI city planner

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2012, 15:36

Re: AI city planner

Obviously, maps in Knights and Merchants are much, much more complicated then in Age of Kings. Still, Age of Kings used text files that had code describing the layout of resources and terrain for a map. If the Remake did something like this, it would probably have to work like a jigsaw puzzle. It would randomly take "pieces" of terrain that have already been created. It would then put all these pieces together to make a starting location, which would then be mirrored across the map so each play's location is (somewhat) balanced. Obviously (if this even is possible) this wouldn't look near as great as a hand-made map, but it still would be quite interesting.
Yes it would be possible, but even getting it to make quite ugly maps with no elevation would be a huge amount of work. And making it balance them would also be hard. I don't think it's worthwhile giving the amount of time it would take, and also the fact that we have over 120 official multiplayer maps, many of which have only been played a dozen times or so.

not to mention more are made over time :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 03 Mar 2013, 14:23

Re: AI city planner

Hey guys, I think after my last bug reports the AI is maybe much better, however i wanted to post one more Situation,because I have made that many Ai tests, and this one is a Mapbased Problem! On "Back in the Dessert" like 99% of time the AI on top-left corner has Failed,because the AI doesn´t find the stones i think :D So i wanted just to report it:
(The problem is,that you can build forester since start,so maybe making a seperate AI mode,that Ai can only build like normal KaM like= School-inn-Stone-Tower/Forester.... ; because i think so the problem could be solved)

Btw I wanted to say that i have also paused to test the Campaign "The Shattered Kingdom" because like we have seen,the most problems in TPR were also AI based, so I think it would be more intelligent to wait for the next (Test)Release,right guys? Or what Krom and Lewin think about that?

One more thing what I wanna say to the AI building is,that i have seen that after 30 Minutes sometimes the AI had still 4-6 builders.

pawel95

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”