Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM Remake - Editor

<<

Phoenix

Post 19 Feb 2012, 20:15

KaM Remake - Editor

Hey everyone,

I've got some questions to the KaM Mission Editor.

- Is it possible to make the AI produce troops and sent them to a specific points, like in the singleplayer campage?
- How to specify a special number of troops to attack, even if there are other troops nearby, who shouldn't?
- Can a comp-player also be set at such an aggressive level, to strike back with EVERY unit nearby? (setting the agressive-level higher didn't really work for me)

(Planning to do some Singleplayer-Maps, but got those problems.
Would also aprecciate if someone has an idea of scripts, which aren't implemented in the GUI, could help)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Feb 2012, 10:40

Re: KaM Remake - Editor

Hi,
I assume you're talking about my (Lewin's) editor. If not you should be using it.
- To make the AI position troops at specific points, place AI defence positions and use AI Group Formation to control the formation.
- Troops in AI defence positions set to "Back line" will attack, when it is set to "Front line" they will not attack.
- The aggressiveness setting doesn't change anything in the Remake, since our AI doesn't function without defence positions and AI attacks. However since the last release we've improved the way the AI strikes back, so any defence position with a radius covering the threat will attack.

Cheers,
Lewin.
<<

Phoenix

Post 20 Feb 2012, 13:34

Thanks for the quick help.

Yeah, i ment your Mission Editor.

I'll try that stuff out, hope it'll work now.
Anyway, keep going. Great Editor though.
<<

Post 20 Feb 2012, 15:22

Edit:
Even if set as frontline, they're still going to attack.

Couldn't manage to have 3 Axeman Groups, 2 Groups with 9 Axeman each at Frontline, 1 Group of 6 Axeman at Backline, who should attacked after 30sec ingame and after that every time if there are 6 Axeman as Backline again.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Feb 2012, 20:45

Normally you can't have one group with 9 and one with 6 if they are on the same team, they AI can only have one formation setting for each group type. But if you make them attack when they have 6 it will work.
To do what you're trying to achieve set an AI attack which takes 1 melee group, and occurs when the AI has 6 soldiers (it means soldiers available to attack). So settings are:
Type: Repeating combo, Target: <whatever you like> Groups: 1 Melee, Time: 300, Number of men required: 6.
Then the AI will launch an attack after 30 seconds taking 6 men from 1 melee group. The attack will repeat as soon as they have 6 men available again.
Cheers,
Lewin.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”