Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

MP map descriptions

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Mar 2012, 16:59

Re: MP map descriptions

I have all of the .txt files under MapsMP modified, I'm planning to commit them when I have them all done. (so I can easily see which ones I've fixed from the ones that are modified) So please don't edit anything in that folder ;)
Lewin.
Okay :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 04 Apr 2012, 14:01

Here are some more descriptions. Again, please change them to proper English if needed!
Kaderto: Land of mountains, grass, and stone. Waters of fish, trees that moan. Cultivate this land, slay the foe. Make them no more than vanishing woe.
Snow Cross: Four enemies breathing before the great clash. Non stand as winner yet, all waiting for the command. Who is mighty to lead their army to a great victory?
Stranded: We and the others all got stranded at the end of the world. The land has never seen human life before. We shall survive here and rule as kings!

I could not find "Rocky Coast" in the available maps...
<<

Garnu_Thorn

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Yahoo Messenger: garnuthorn

Post 04 Apr 2012, 15:47

I could not find "Rocky Coast" in the available maps...
Encaitar, it is a map yet to be released, found only until the next release or here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=874&p=12141&hilit=R ... ast#p12141

If you want to write a description for this last one, download the map and muse a description, or I could. I'll wait on your decision before musing it myself.

There are Lewin's descriptions that he did request to be redone, too, if anyone wants to.
<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 06 Apr 2012, 10:07

Ok thx Garnu_Thorn. First of all, I want to tell you I really like the design of this map! Especially to docks are a nice trick. It is a really cool island, imho.

Description:
Rocky Coast: A island full of wonders and adventures. Rocks stretch as far as man can see. Expand the kingdom, defend thine own and call this island yours.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Apr 2012, 11:49

Thanks for your contributions Encaitar!

I tweaked the ending of the one for Kaderto a bit: (I also changed moan to groan because it's used more often in conjunction with trees)
Kaderto: Land of mountains, grass, and stone. Waters of fish, trees that groan. Cultivate this land, slay the foe. By sword and axe their blood will flow!
I rewrote Snow Cross, Rocky Coast and Stranded based on your ideas:
Snow Cross: Four armies eye each other across the snow covered forest. Who shall outmanoeuvre their opponents and claim victory?
Rocky Coast: The rocky coastline stretches as far as the eye can see. Many a ship has been wrecked in these perilous waters. Fight your way across the uneven terrain and crush your enemy!
Stranded: A fleet of the King's ships ran aground on a desolate and uninhabited land. Winter is fast approaching and the generals know there will not be enough food for everyone. They each make camp with the men from their ships and prepare to stock food before the ground freezes over, but each one knows they will soon be forced to fight one another for survival.
Let me know what you think and feel free to suggest improvements.
That's all of them done, thanks to everyone who helped :)
From now on I will be asking map makers to provide a description for their maps.
Lewin.
<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 07 Apr 2012, 14:37

I like your descriptions more then mine, so no problem Lewin. I look forward to see the descriptions (and all the other improvements) in game!
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 08 Apr 2012, 15:40

very good description for stranded, thanks!
i hadnt managed to think of anything but now this problem has ended!

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”