Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Multiplayer question

<<

Freakey

Farmer

Post 29 Jan 2012, 18:55

Multiplayer question

Hey there,

Me and my dad want to play KaM together in a CO-OP mission. Now I launched KaM Remake and pressed Multiplayer. I made a local server because we are on the same internet connection (or doe you need a cable connect from pc to pc?) Anyways, he didnt see my server, so I launched an internet server. He couldn't see that aswell. How does this work?

Thanks in advance!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 29 Jan 2012, 19:02

Re: Multiplayer question

You should just join an existing server and it'll work fine.
<<

Freakey

Farmer

Post 29 Jan 2012, 19:03

But am I able to choose a mission an misson-type myself then?

Edit: It worked, thanks!
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 29 Jan 2012, 19:39

For an internet server to work you must forward the port through your router and firewall to your computer. Otherwise it is not possible for players on the internet to connect to you. (that's a security feature of routers/firewalls, your computer cannot be accessed from the internet unless you allow it) You can find guides online for forwarding ports. Even so, you won't see your own server in the lobby, only other players will. To query the server it connects to your external IP address, but from your own computer, that doesn't work.

To connect to your server from the LAN you must type in the LAN IP address of your computer on the second computer joining you. Eventually we're going to make it "scan" the LAN for running servers, which means you will see your own server and other computers on your LAN will see your server.
Does that answer your questions?
Though the IP for lan is NOT the IP that appears on the screen's top-right corner.
<<

Thomas

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 31 Jan 2012, 13:54

What I found out while playing with a friend in LAN was that he could not see my server - even with clicking "Refresh". But nevertheless he could join the game. Did someone had the same issue?
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 31 Jan 2012, 14:54

What I found out while playing with a friend in LAN was that he could not see my server - even with clicking "Refresh". But nevertheless he could join the game. Did someone had the same issue?
OMG.
did you read what i just posted??
For an internet server to work you must forward the port through your router and firewall to your computer. Otherwise it is not possible for players on the internet to connect to you. (that's a security feature of routers/firewalls, your computer cannot be accessed from the internet unless you allow it) You can find guides online for forwarding ports. Even so, you won't see your own server in the lobby, only other players will. To query the server it connects to your external IP address, but from your own computer, that doesn't work.

To connect to your server from the LAN you must type in the LAN IP address of your computer on the second computer joining you. Eventually we're going to make it "scan" the LAN for running servers, which means you will see your own server and other computers on your LAN will see your server.
Does that answer your questions?
Though the IP for lan is NOT the IP that appears on the screen's top-right corner.
<<

Thomas

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 31 Jan 2012, 15:59

Ok now I got it... anyway careful reading is a must :wink:

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”