Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

What's with fish and wine?

<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 12 Jan 2012, 17:55

Re: What's with fish and wine?

From testing the version of TPR just now which comes with a download from GoG (hence I'm uncertain what any changes additional patches have made) I've found the following:

Sausage, wine, and bread is done. As is bread, wine, and fish.

Individual values seem to be (-/+5 potential error):

Sausage: 60%
Fish: 60%
Bread: 50%
Wine: 30%

They seem to add together rather than have an altered effect if eaten in combination. Hence wine and bread restore 80%, bread and fish the full 100% (with 10% wasted). There is also an order to eating things.

Bread > Sausages > Wine > Fish

Which produces the slightly annoying quirk of, should there be no sausages, a food eating order of bread, wine, followed by fish to allow them to top up to 100%. The wine in this order however is entirely wasted. As is the wine in the case of sausage, wine, bread - which occurred due to a serf delivering bread to an Inn which previously didn't have it whilst someone was eating there.

Looking at this then I think you've done well Lewin to change it to their only eating two items maximum, though how have you set up their food preferences? There seems something of a benefit to having them prefer to eat fish after bread rather than wine if it's not like this already.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 12 Jan 2012, 18:46

From testing the version of TPR just now which comes with a download from GoG (hence I'm uncertain what any changes additional patches have made) I've found the following:

Sausage, wine, and bread is done. As is bread, wine, and fish.

Individual values seem to be (-/+5 potential error):

Fish: 60%
Wine: 30%

They seem to add together rather than have an altered effect if eaten in combination. Hence wine and bread restore 80%, bread and fish the full 100% (with 10% wasted). There is also an order to eating things.

Bread > Sausages > Wine > Fish

Which produces the slightly annoying quirk of, should there be no sausages, a food eating order of bread, wine, followed by fish to allow them to top up to 100%. The wine in this order however is entirely wasted. As is the wine in the case of sausage, wine, bread - which occurred due to a serf delivering bread to an Inn which previously didn't have it whilst someone was eating there.

Looking at this then I think you've done well Lewin to change it to their only eating two items maximum, though how have you set up their food preferences? There seems something of a benefit to having them prefer to eat fish after bread rather than wine if it's not like this already.
should it not be: max 2 foods;
1. sausage > bread ≥ fish> wine
2.wine > bread ≥ fish > sausage
that way usage would be more inteligent and have less waste.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 12 Jan 2012, 18:54

Bread isn't 50%
I think he forgot that they go to the inn at about 10%.
<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 12 Jan 2012, 19:22

I was shocked by the result for bread, but the serf came out of the Inn with greater than 50% condition. If bread were 40% as you suggest on the last page, this wouldn't have been possible.

However further testing is of course a good idea.

EDIT: I have just repeated my results. With a sample size of greater than 10, they all came out with greater than 50% condition. I would also add that it seems very much like it is 10% they get hungry at as you suggested, though sadly it's hard to be totally accurate given the graphical representation.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 13 Jan 2012, 08:34

According to the strategy book, bread is 50% and sausages are 65%
For wine, I don't remember if it was 25% or 30%.
<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 13 Jan 2012, 11:29

According to the strategy book, bread is 50% and sausages are 65%
For wine, I don't remember if it was 25% or 30%.
I believe 25% for wine, that seems to make most sense.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 13 Jan 2012, 12:01

The KaM Remake uses the values from the Tips and Tricks section of the German fansite. I don't know where those values were obtained from, looks like they were measured because of the image.
If someone wants to do their own measurements, send us the results. Otherwise we'll stick with these values. (the strategy guide has been wrong in a few aspects of the fighting system I think, so we can't trust it 100%)
<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 13 Jan 2012, 12:36

From having done my own tests in game I'm very much lead to believe Siegfried's values are correct.

Wine: 25%
Fish: 60% (potentially 55%)
Sausages: 65%

If no one beats me to it I'll produce pictorial evidence eventually.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 13 Jan 2012, 13:34

If no one beats me to it I'll produce pictorial evidence eventually.
That would be excellent - will you use TSK or TPR?
<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 13 Jan 2012, 13:44

At the moment I figure the best thing to do is run both TPR and Remake, however now you mention it for the sake of completeness I should probably do TSK too. Remake is there something of a "control group" to allow for such arguments as the citizens already having a bit of condition before topping up and quite simply easy comparison. When I say "eventually" however I do mean at least two weeks which is quite a wait.
<<

Thomas

Post 13 Jan 2012, 14:45

This is what I found on the german K&M Homepage for the original K&M (unfortunately I don't know if it's TSK or TPR):

Wine: 20%
Bread: 40%
Fish: 50%

It is from top to down:

energy after training
hungry
one sausage
one fish
one wine
one bread
one sausage + one bread
one fish + one bread
one wine + one bread
one fish + one wine
one fish + one sausage
one wine + one sausage
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 13 Jan 2012, 14:59

Sure, but you can't just read it out of the graphs. Eating at the inn takes some time, as well does the walk towards the inn. So the power of the civilian will also be lower when he comes out of the inn (you also see this at the graphs 1 sausage + 1 bread; it's not 100%)

So this is trickier than it looks like in the first place.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 13 Jan 2012, 15:35

you also see this at the graphs 1 sausage + 1 bread; it's not 100%
It IS!
"Eine Wurst + ein Brot"
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 13 Jan 2012, 15:42

Yes, exactly. The graph is not full, but some pixels away from 100%.

The only promising thing is to compare the same situation in TSK with the remake, so I hope Yeti will complete his task.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 13 Jan 2012, 15:46

Yes, exactly. The graph is not full, but some pixels away from 100%.

The only promising thing is to compare the same situation in TSK with the remake, so I hope Yeti will complete his task.
it looks away from 100%, you're right.
But as "one sausage + one bread", "one fish + one bread" and "one fish + one sausage" are all on the same percentage, I had supposed that WAS 100%. But it might not be. Like you said, the best thing is to test (:

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”