Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

What's with fish and wine?

<<

Czacki

Post 10 Jan 2012, 15:39

What's with fish and wine?

My guys eat only bread+sausages at the inn... nobody eats fish and wine

Bugged? cause that makes fish and wine pretty useless... instead of wineyard better to get another farm
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 10 Jan 2012, 15:57

Re: What's with fish and wine?

I'm not sure how the remake handles these kind of things, but my guess would be that the citizens' status bar is completely filled after eating a bread and a sausage, so wine and fish aren't required. If your serfs manage to bring new bread/sausages to the inn before all bread/sausages are eaten, there would be no need to eat fish and wine as they can obviously still eat bread/sausages.
This is just a guess though, I never really watched my citizens eating so I don't know if they prefer sausages and bread over fish and wine. :P
<<

Freakey

Farmer

Post 10 Jan 2012, 15:57

I know they never eat fish, just if the rest isnt available in the inn. Thus it could be that they dont prefer wine aswell, but im not sure.
<<

Czacki

Post 10 Jan 2012, 16:17

That means you can ignore fish/wine entirely. Hope that will get changed in new versions of the mod.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 10 Jan 2012, 17:33

Of course you can... You can do that in original KaM too.
<<

Czacki

Post 10 Jan 2012, 18:04

I kinda think your minions should consume one "greater" food type (bread/sausage) + one "lesser" (wine+fish) in one visit @ inn, that would fix the problem of wine/fish being useless
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 10 Jan 2012, 18:35

Why on earth would wine and fish be useless?! If you can keep your inns constantly filled with sausages and bread and you don't get overrun by the enemy you must have some great skills, but most players don't have that much sausages and rely mostly on bread and wine. And you can still feed your soldiers with them.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 10 Jan 2012, 19:31

I kinda think your minions should consume one "greater" food type (bread/sausage) + one "lesser" (wine+fish) in one visit @ inn, that would fix the problem of wine/fish being useless
Meh, I don't. I like to have some food as back up, so when I don't have enough bread/sausages for some stupid mistake, I won't immediately have big problems.
Nice coffee is always nice.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 10 Jan 2012, 21:49

@TDL Obviously these guys don't know the game as long as we do.

@Czacki
Bread fills 40% of the food bar, a sausage 60%.
Together 100%, duh.
If you don't have sausages or bread, they switch to another food type, wine or fish.
BUT wine and fish fill less than 40% of the food bar. Which would result in your people visiting the inn more often because their food bar is quicker empty.

Sausages take much time to be produced and need 1corn per sausage.
Bread is produced faster and uses 1corn per 2bread.
Wine is produced far quicker than sausages (not sure about bread) and doesn't require any half products.
Fish is limited to the availability of fish in the water and thus only temporary.

If you have your inns always filled with sausages then it is obvious that no wine or fish is consumed.
As you might have noticed, bread is always consumed if available.

Either you are really pro to have no lack of sausages without using the market after , or you don't expand enough.

There is no bug. As some cats on some sites say: U r duin it wrung.

And by your reference to minions I assume you mean be serfs or subjects.

I give myself a skill rating of 8. Bread is my primary source of food, wine my secondary and sausages are my tertiary. I expand a lot and in a normal game I have 2-3mills, 2-3bakers, 1-2butchers(fueled by 2 constant filled pig farms per butcher) and 2-4wine farms(vineyards?). This amount of food production gives me enough to survive. My soldiers often die before they need to be fed(depends on the map).

There is no problem with wine or fish. It is just how you deal with it.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 11 Jan 2012, 14:33

Small addition: fish has a large refilling value than bread - as as said before, it's a limited resource.

But you can still use wine - as food for soldiers. Wine is rather cheap to produce and refills a soldier with 100%, so it's far away from being useless.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Jan 2012, 21:43

I give myself a skill rating of 8
Self praise? :lol:
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 12 Jan 2012, 06:48

no, it was in the Christmas Tournament that it was required to rate yourself.
I gave myself an 8.
<<

Yeti

Militia

Post 12 Jan 2012, 11:19

If one has no sausages, then civilians will consume 1 bread, 1 fish, and 1 wine. This will completely fill their condition bar.

If one has enough sausages and bread that civilians will only have to eat the fish and wine if the Inn is rushed by a sudden mass of hungry consumers, it's still useful to have large stocks of fish and wine as your serfs feed your troops in ratio of your food stocks. Eg if you have food stocks of 30 bread, 20 sausages, 100 wine, and 50 fish, and you've a group of 20 soldiers to feed, they'll be fed with 3 bread, 2 sausages, 10 wine, and 5 fish - which has saved your wasting 15 important civilian feeding foods.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Jan 2012, 13:38

If one has no sausages, then civilians will consume 1 bread, 1 fish, and 1 wine. This will completely fill their condition bar.
Well that means that the fish is mostly wasted, since bread+wine restores 90% of the condition. Since the last release I've changed it so units eat a maximum of 2 items per visit to the inn, I believe that's how it is in KaM. If someone wants to confirm that by testing in KaM TSK/TPR please let me know the results.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 12 Jan 2012, 14:22

From memory(7years of playing) I say they only eat 2 items and no item is eaten twice.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”