Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New KaM Remake Demo r2678

<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Dec 2011, 13:30

I played a game where one guy (he was amadeus' ally) started dropping out. Then there was a message saying that he had been disconnected, and a few seconds later he reconnected and the game went on, so I'm assuming that it's working correctly! :)
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 12 Dec 2011, 13:40

I'm trying to find out which maps people prefer to play on so I know what kind of maps they like.
It would be easier if we had a small statistics for the maps, collected by the master server. Just the number of games started on that map (and maybe the time played on the map) per player would be nict *hint @ Lewing+Krom* :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Dec 2011, 13:59

I played a game where one guy (he was amadeus' ally) started dropping out. Then there was a message saying that he had been disconnected, and a few seconds later he reconnected and the game went on, so I'm assuming that it's working correctly! :)
Glad to hear it :)
It would be easier if we had a small statistics for the maps, collected by the master server. Just the number of games started on that map (and maybe the time played on the map) per player would be nict *hint @ Lewing+Krom* :)
Well the master server doesn't actually know what map you're playing on or how long the game has been running. It only knows basic information about the SERVER, not the ROOMS. I guess it could be added but we've got a lot of other things we're working on right now, mainly bug fixes.
<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 12 Dec 2011, 21:13

Nice to see that the new version has been released. Congratulations with another fine version! Now the trees won't stand in the middle of my village (whatever Lewin thnks about building around them :wink: ).

However the new 'Ask player in Game and in MapEd if he wants to Save before Exiting by Alt+F4 or [x]' feature does not work well for me. When I did test it, the warning alert box came behind the KaM screen. As alt + tab does not work (the screen automaticly goes back to KaM), I was unable to click at the alert box.

But besides that: Very good work!
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 13 Dec 2011, 06:57

Alt+tab to the desktop seems to work for me.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 13 Dec 2011, 13:55

However the new 'Ask player in Game and in MapEd if he wants to Save before Exiting by Alt+F4 or [x]' feature does not work well for me. When I did test it, the warning alert box came behind the KaM screen. As alt + tab does not work (the screen automaticly goes back to KaM), I was unable to click at the alert box.
I have that problem too... But instead of pressing Alt+Tab to change tabs, try pressing "Windows + D" (if you have windows, of course).... That will switch you to desktop... it works with me. :wink:
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 14 Dec 2011, 01:23

I've fixed this now, the message box appears over the game window in full screen. I've also made the game minimize when you alt-tab (or it loses focus some other way) if you are in full screen mode, as this seems to be how other games handle it.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 14 Dec 2011, 11:35

Ok, that?s fine ;D
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

CuDi

Scout

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Dec 2011, 00:51

Great to see the new update! Thanks for the hard work guys!
(BarbariansRule)
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Dec 2011, 17:29

Re: New KaM Remake Demo r2678

I'm impressed to see so many of you guys on-line in KaM Remake servers at once. 45 right now and counting! :)
<<

Itlerion

Militia

Post 18 Dec 2011, 07:49

Re:

Hi there people, i am itlerion, i have to say that i am REALLY really ultra uber happy of having such present after year ending, i mean this is so great, this version with lots of stuff fixed and auto reconect!!! jesus crist, i am from argentina and played this game since it came out, of course not continoulsy, but this, oh my god , turns me little happy :) i have downloaded the remake and gona test it in a minutes.

I would like to participate in the chritsmas tournament :D

By the way, i saw that image, how do i join that kind of multiplayer lobby chat ? :)
Okay this is nothing serious... Though it's a bit strange. :P

And again THANKS for making this truth :D

EDIT: lol forgot my question (i did not opened the game yet in the moment i posted) haha :)
<<

Lien

Post 26 Dec 2011, 01:46

Does this inproved version allow for single player?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 26 Dec 2011, 06:20

Does this inproved version allow for single player?
Yes, with the following limitations:
- The AI will not construct new buildings. So for example, the builder AI in mission 9 TSK will be pretty much useless
- They are not quite as good at defending, you can sneak past their troops in a few missions and they won't stop you

However, we have made some improvements over the past few months:
- They now train soldiers at the same rate as in KaM, meaning the difficulty is about the same
- The AI will attack and defend fairly similar to the way they do in KaM

So singleplayer is playable, but there are limitations. Also, in r2678 there is a crash that occasionally occurs while attacking the AI. It has been fixed, and an updated version will be released soon.
Cheers,
Lewin.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”