<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Dec 2011, 05:59

New KaM Remake Demo r2678

Hey guys,

Under two months since the last release we have a new demo ready! As always you can find it on the downloads page. If you already have the previous version installed (r2411) you will only need the 14mb update patch. (kam_remake_update_r2678.exe)

<u>Server admins</u>: Please update your servers as soon as possible.

<b>Major changes:</b>
  Code:
Over 50 bugs/crashes fixed! Over 20 minor improvements Auto reconnect for multiplayer (random disconnections with "server stopped responding" are mostly a thing of the past!) Co-operative mode for multiplayer Over 20 new multiplayer maps Enforced peacetime for multiplayer (optional) Improved lobby with language flags, categorised maps and a nicer layout Ability to view replays of saved games (singleplayer and multiplayer) Improved multiplayer results screen New sound effects thanks to trb1914 Wares are shown in the marketplace (thanks Malin!) New translations: Italian, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese[/quote] [url=http://lewin.hodgman.id.au/kam/downloads/changelog_r2678.txt]View the complete changelog[/url] A new member Danjb has joined our development team. Dan has already redesigned the lobby and added a shuffle option for the music player, you'll see both of them in this release. He is new to the language (Delphi) but he's learning fast, it's great to have another person in our Krom and Lewin team. Malin from [url=http://kamclub.ru/]kamclub.ru[/url] created over 300(!) sprites showing wares in the marketplace! (see picture above) We would like to thank him for this enormous contribution to the project, it really brings the marketplace to life! :) Thank you to everyone who helped with this release by making maps, playtesting, translating, and reporting bugs. Please help spread the word about the Remake by posting information about it on forums, social media sites and anywhere else you can think of! We want to attract as many players as possible. See you online! Lewin.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 11 Dec 2011, 08:23

Congratulations to you and many thanks for releasing this to us :)

This will be great fun :)

The marketplace looks fantastic.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 11 Dec 2011, 08:35

Norton is screwing again
<<

Teyrn Leto

Serf

Post 11 Dec 2011, 10:08

I'd like to thank the KaM Remake team for renewing the interest of my childhood game!

Keep up the good work! :wink:
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 11 Dec 2011, 10:19

And there it is! My harddisk is almost completely filled with different Remake builds. :wink:
Great work!
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 11 Dec 2011, 10:23

Harddisk almost full with Remake builds, how is that possible?
What kind of harddisk do you have?
Mine has 1TB of space...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 11 Dec 2011, 10:29

Mine is 500 GB, but I hoped the 'wink'-emoticon would suggest I was joking. :P
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 11 Dec 2011, 11:46

ah...
<<

artanis

Laborer

Post 11 Dec 2011, 16:08

that is great i am going to try it thanks for the updates
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 11 Dec 2011, 22:03

Okay this is nothing serious... Though it's a bit strange. :P

<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Dec 2011, 23:39

Fantastic work on this release, I'm really looking forward to playing over Christmas and I hope I can be of more use in the near future :D

Those market sprites are incredible! Massive respect for Malin!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Dec 2011, 01:40

@The Dark Lord: The player count can appear as higher when other people are trying to join the room. When you try to join, you are actually connected into that room, then you ask the host "may I join your game?". So if anyone was in that process when you hit refresh, it will show too many players. They probably won't be there next time you refresh. The player count should probably come from the host of the room, not just the number of clients the server has sitting in that room. I've added it to the todo list.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 12 Dec 2011, 02:31

Okay, I expected something like that.

I forgot to mention it but you have to know that I find the auto-reconnect function absolutely extremely extraordinary! :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Dec 2011, 05:29

I forgot to mention it but you have to know that I find the auto-reconnect function absolutely extremely extraordinary! :D
Thanks! :) Have you seen it happen "naturally" in a real game? I've only ever seen it happen during tests where someone intentionally disconnects.
We've had reports that this version has a lot of bugs, we're aware of a few but I'd like to know how bad it is. Please write about successful games you've had as well as the ones with problems. If there are some critical bugs we'll probably release a patch soon, similar to r2087 which fixed the critical problems in r2039. The strange thing is, I've played a number of games during playtesting (for many hours) and there were no issues at all.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 12 Dec 2011, 11:17

Well sometimes I had to wait for a player and I thought it took too long to be just lag, but I'm not sure. And didn't it happen during our 4v4 game too?

At the moment I don't have much time to play long games (I have a test tomorrow) but yesterday I've been staying in the multiplayer lobby to observe all the games going on. I'm trying to find out which maps people prefer to play on so I know what kind of maps they like. Then I can make similar maps. Anyway, I only counted the games that lasted at least 30 minutes and many games were gone before they got that far. I don't know the reason obviously.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”